Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Viewing Projects on the Cloud
[Post New]
I am using Windows 7 Pro, Power Director 15 Ultra and have loaded some files to the Cyberlink Cloud. Once they are on the cloud, is it possible for others to view them and if so, how do I go about doing that?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am using Windows 7 Pro, Power Director 15 Ultra and have loaded some files to the Cyberlink Cloud. Once they are on the cloud, is it possible for others to view them and if so, how do I go about doing that?
Cyberlink Cloud gives a link to the video somewhere.

I do not have or use the Cloud, but I know there is a link you can give to others on the forum or in email. You may check with cyberlink cloud help.

Tutorial video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4UNBC8EJPw Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Quote I am using Windows 7 Pro, Power Director 15 Ultra and have loaded some files to the Cyberlink Cloud. Once they are on the cloud, is it possible for others to view them and if so, how do I go about doing that?
Cyberlink Cloud gives a link to the video somewhere.

I do not have or use the Cloud, but I know there is a link you can give to others on the forum or in email. You may check with cyberlink cloud help.

Tutorial video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4UNBC8EJPw

There is an icon on the Cloud Site above the files that I uploaded to the Cloud that allows you to download the file and It says to click here and that downloads a url from the cloud to my computer and you get "save" or "open" and both will not work as the extension of the downloaded file is a .DPL which requires a special program to open it.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi gskywalkers -

That .dlp file is a downloader. If you double click on it or right click > Open with - Effect Extractor (the app that extracts & installs DZ templates) it will download the project so you can use it.

If it's not a project, but a video file, you can only download it (not view it in the cloud).

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote Hi gskywalkers -

That .dlp file is a downloader. If you double click on it or right click > Open with - Effect Extractor (the app that extracts & installs DZ templates) it will download the project so you can use it.

If it's not a project, but a video file, you can only download it (not view it in the cloud).

Cheers - Tony

Thanks for you input Tony. I really don't see any advantage in having the Cyperlink Cloud unless there is a way to send someone a url that they can download directly and have it play. I do not need the cloud for storage. I am looking for a way to be able to send the video files to others.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You may want to try onedrive.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi gskywalkers -

Cheers - Tony

Thanks for you input Tony. I really don't see any advantage in having the Cyperlink Cloud unless there is a way to send someone a url that they can download directly and have it play. I do not need the cloud for storage. I am looking for a way to be able to send the video files to others.
If you just want to allow someone to play your video.

If you upload to your Youtube account and mark the video as 'unlisted'. You can send the youtube link to your friend, they can play the video on Youtube as many times as they wish.

That is what many of us with Youtube accounts do to show a video to somebody. If the video is marked as 'unlisted' only people with the link can view the video.

. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Quote Hi gskywalkers -

Cheers - Tony

If you just want to allow someone to play your video.

If you upload to your Youtube account and mark the video as 'unlisted'. You can send the youtube link to your friend, they can play the video on Youtube as many times as they wish.

That is what many of us with Youtube accounts do to show a video to somebody. If the video is marked as 'unlisted' only people with the link can view the video.

Thanks everyone, I will follow up on both of these options.
[Post New]
Quote You may want to try onedrive.

I tried OneDrive and that seemed to work ok and I was able to play the link it gave me.........and the rest should go ok but we shall see. This video was made quite a few years back on Powerdirector 10 and it is a bit of dueling banjo's vs bagpipes. The whole thing is just a bit over a minute so hang on if it works.

.https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlJVxyketE45aOOojClcY6w1NSM
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Yep. It works. It starts out diana gabaldon. You can give links to those you want to see your videos.