Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Use plex absoutley no stuttering. Plays blurays with perfect 23hz.

Then go back to powerdvd if they fix it. I dont like saying crap about cyberlink outloud. But ive had every version for the past 5 years. Never been able to watch my movies smoothly. Invested way too much time and money.

All my blurays ans dvds are isos and they are read fine in Plex. It plays all the major audio standards for bluray

Soneone let me know if they fix one day. I will gladly come back
Its really weird. Plays spectacular on power media player app for windows 8.1 on my surface pro 3 and my windows 8.1 desktop. But when I run the actual desktop app with mkv's it stutters when I move ahead or backwards with the slider and let it play after that. I actually ran a frames per second program while I ran power dvd and the mkv files actually run down to 12fps .... only way to fix is to restart the movie. No idea...just lost.
Oh man this is a huge issue I have as well. Only playing Mkv files it seems like. Its impossible to fast forward or rewind the video cuz it then looks like it drops frames down to 12fps or so. Ive had this issue for the past 3 versions. I pay all this money to upgrade every year and I get this kind of performance.

Cyberlink please get your act together.
Nvidia just introduced this upscale method in their last driver for gaming and wowzzers. I'm playing games in 4k res down sampled to my 1080 please LG TV. Tried powerdvd with this method by manually changing my desktop to reflect a 4k TV and unfortunately I haven't figured out how to make this work. I can hear the movie but no video lol here is the link. Read up guys

If anyone figures this out let me know if it works. I want to upscale my Blu-ray to 4k since supposedly powerdvd works with this tech
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/dsr/technology
Anyone? Can anyone also tell what programs you use to make mkvs.
this only happens to dvd ripped mkv's. Bluray mkv's are perfectly fine. Frames drop down to 12 fps if I fast forward or rewind or search for different parts of the movie. Every version has done this. Can someone explain this to me.
For once im pretty sure its not a cyberlink issue. I'm getting really bad flickering playback when watching 3d and even 2d blurays. Ive already posted a notice on Nvidia's forums. Just curious? All my drivers are updated and even latest patches.
Hello Welcome.

Under video, audio, subtitles,.. under audio click more audio settings, then click the miscellaneous tab, then you will have to delay the audio. Unfortunately powerdvd still has not included an automatic audio delay. Others software players have done it. So that's the only way to fix the audio so far.
Picard 256 I have had this issue before on previous versions of powerdvd ultra. It happened when in two different instances. One if you're running anything running under windows 8, you have windows aero turned off, playing back videos shoots up the brightness and contrast super bright.

The other instance if you are running powerdvd in the windows media center it seems like it disables windows aero and then it happens again.

So basically I now run it in normal desktop mode and don't have any issues.
I honestly don't know what to do to fix this. I've removed all anti virus and even disabled windows 8.1 defender. I've been watching task manager every time it skips and nothing shows up on the processor. I'm running a 6 core Intel i7 970. Its always showing 0% when it skips. It doesn't make any sense. I'm also running a gtx 680 with 2gb of gddr 5 ram, using EVGA precision software to monitor the gpu and no spikes also in the processor. I don't know anymore...... it shouldn't be this way.
Quote: Hi guys,

I was having this issue as well.

Go to NVIDIA Control Panel -> Adjust video image settings

Untick 'Use inverse telecine'

I just tried a few scenes from Avatar which were giving me issues before and didn't notice any stuttering. Haven't tried it out on a full length movie.

On newest NVIDIA drivers 320.18.

Let me know how you go.

Cheers.

Hey guys it's still stuttering. Tried every thing
Has any fixed their stuttering problem yet?
About half way down the powerdvd 13 ultra page it suggests there will be an update for Ultra Violet Streaming built into powerdvd ultra. Yes this is content that you usually get codes for downloading when you buy blurays normally. It does suggest it will be included in an update depending on certain services. this years version has already been out since last march april-ish and still no word on the update allowing this built in. My question would be simply asking if I'm missing something or is it just not out yet as an update. I have an ultraviolet account and I can play them through my web browser and portable devices.

It says ultraviolet will be included in an update depending on location? Is there something I'm missing or is it not out yet. I have an ultraviolet account.
When is the update coming to the US?
This happens to me too running windows 8.1 pro. But restarting PC fixes problem every time. Cyberlink install should ask to restart PC after install.
I posted this problem last week and no one answered this issue yet. I can vouch for this issue.
From my understanding true theater was introduced in 13 for higher quality feature for bluray playback. Couple weeks ago there were forum posts about true theater motion was a possible glitch. So I would understand if that feature has to be dropped. But true theater was allowing me to alter the quality of the bluray image and lighting as well. Now this new patch completely blurs it out now when playing a movie. This feature is also advertised in your power DVD page.
Hahaha!!
Aka ultraviolet?
Go to: