Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Aka ultraviolet?
Well I might have just fixed it. I uninstalled form my secondary drive and reinstalled on my ssd. The hobbit has not once skipped. Maybe that was the issue. I will continue to update my situation. But so far so good
Ok great so am I. But sorry one last question. Now I have an ssd with windows 8 loaded and powerdvd loaded on the secondary drive. Could this be a possible issue. Maybe I need to install it on the ssd
Thank you. What driver do you have installed?
Hi hillgab!

If you don't mind me asking what kind of nvidia card are you running ? And are you running iTunes as well?
well spoke too soon. Its now stuttering like mad. This sucks having nice hardware to run things on and all I get out of this is choppy playback.

Cyberlink please look into this. I am now not the only one. My gtx 680 states that my card plays back bluray 3d and does hd audio formats as well.
This is a snap shot of the nvidia driver control panel on nvidia site. I'm not near my pc right now.

Where is says power management -adaptive. You can change it to high performance mode.

Driver package. 314.22 whql driver
Quote:
Quote: Well it looks like I have finally figured out what the issue was. The new nvidia gtx cards have a new adaptive power setting which lowers the clocks speeds of the card it self depending on usage and performance it needs. I switched it to high performance mode and restarted the machine and I have not had any skips. I'm a happy man again.

Where/how did you managed to swith to high performance mode? I looked at the Nvidia Control Panel, but there was no option to do so.

I have a gtx 680 which is set to adaptive at default in nvidia control panel. It's like the eighth option down from the graphics menu tab.
Sure thing here it is.
Well it looks like I have finally figured out what the issue was. The new nvidia gtx cards have a new adaptive power setting which lowers the clocks speeds of the card it self depending on usage and performance it needs. I switched it to high performance mode and restarted the machine and I have not had any skips. I'm a happy man again.

I don't know who's end this needs to be looked at on but it seems like powerdvd is not optimized for those power settings for these new nvidia cards.

I have noticed with this special evga graphics program it tracks my clock speeds in real time and video playback like for DVD or bluray it drops the clock speeds because it doesn't need to use the cards full potential. And also noticed that the cards clock speeds were fluctuating while playing the 3d movie. Every time it de-spiked and spike back up the video would stutter. That's why I feel this should be looked into.

It would be nice to switch my card settings back to adaptive performance so when I just want to watch movies the program will know how much power it needs and won't suffer from dropped clock speeds.

But all is well for now.
If its not one thing, its another...powerdvd 12 had issues with 2d playback with stuttering. 3d worked like a charm though. lol Now nothing has really changed with my machine other than the upgrade to powerdvd 13 ultra and 2d playback is perfect with no hitches in video and audio, and only to my surprise the one thing I cherish at the moment is 3d bluray playback. Although the 3d looks perfect, every five minutes everything video stutters.

Before anything about updating...I am always up to date with that stuff.

I'm using windows 8 pro 64bit.
I have all the latest video drivers, powerdvd patches, windows defender running as anti virus.

I noticed something very strange as I was testing different 3d blurays, starting with The Avengers. It played perfectly! Its a super high def movie with huge streaming bitrates for video. Never once did I see it skip!

I have a pretty decent machine. Gaming with it runs flawless. Even on windows 8. Not a single thing is overclocked.

Popped in THe Hobbit 3d and every five minutes stuttering...it almost feels like something is running in the background at certain times? I also check the led blu light on my drive itself and it does a couple extra flickers when the video on the screen is stuttering? What could that possibly mean? I'm stumped. My computer it self runs flawlessly so I have no idea what the deal is?

Also tried Prometheus 3d and every once and a while I would get skips. This is so annoying.
Does anyone have an answer for this feed?
To my knowledge 3d bluray is filmed at 24hz not 23.976hz. When I play a 3d bluray it stutters all over the place every 5 mins. I tried to override the refresh rate manually in the NVidia settings but it literally kicks it back to 23.976hz. This maybe a possible bug that needs to be looked at and fixed.

Is there anyone else who is having this issue? Playing 2d disks play perfect the way they should at 23.976hz.
Weird I actually tried that approach too, I can't figure out why it doesn't allow me to switch to 24hz. The second I change it, it automatically switches back to 23hz. Is anyone else having this issue?
The website states you can push video and picture content. I have movies on my surface pro running powerdvd mobile and I am trying to figure out how I can push the movies I have to the powerdvd desktop program.

I'm having the same issues on the 3d movies that I have. Prometheus and the hobbit. Can you confirm?
I have mkvs on my computer and was wondering if powerdvd mobile supports mkv. It's says its not supported. So isn't the app supposed to transcode it to mov or mp4?
Only have problems with this disk. Can anyone confirm their performace playback?
I have a new Verizon action tech router and they no longer have that setting in the system settings?
Does my router settings have anything to do with this problem?
Doesn't recognize powerdvd server anymore. Does anyone have the same issue. There was a new IOS update and still not recognizing.
I am also using windows 8 pro and latest update for powerdvd 12 ultra.
Please assist.
Go to: