Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Brightness
Picard256 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2012 21:37 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Just tried the this new version, looks great,seems faster than previous, however the contrast or brightness levels seem to be very high, is there a way of adjusting or am I missing something? I have 2 computers, 1 it is fine the other bit brighter than it should be, any one have any ideas

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 15. 2014 04:31

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Just tried the this new version, looks great,seems faster than previous, however the contrast or brightness levels seem to be very high, is there a way of adjusting or am I missing something? I have 2 computers, 1 it is fine the other bit brighter than it should be, any one have any ideas

Which ONE are you going to use it on? Have you calibrated your monitor or other display device? If you are using a computer monitor, they usually come with a cd/DVD to adjust the settings. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Picard256 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2012 21:37 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I run older versions plus TMT and don't have any issues, run 14 and its brighter
Manoroid [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 10, 2010 23:07 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
Picard 256 I have had this issue before on previous versions of powerdvd ultra. It happened when in two different instances. One if you're running anything running under windows 8, you have windows aero turned off, playing back videos shoots up the brightness and contrast super bright.

The other instance if you are running powerdvd in the windows media center it seems like it disables windows aero and then it happens again.

So basically I now run it in normal desktop mode and don't have any issues.
ringlego [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2011 04:18 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
If you have an nVidia video card installed you can try what I did (it made some difference, but not a ton):
Go to the NVIDIA Control Panel - Go to Adjust Video Color Settings - Choose "With the NVIDIA Settings" and move the slider down to 40. If you have an AMD card there is probably something similar to this in the Control Center...