Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video Collage Designer
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
I do not see a way to import from timeline
Am I just not seeing it or do these features not exist ? Keyframes ? Text or titles ? Speed adjustment? Color adjustment etc. Cant do much with individual panels other than clipping/positioning and timing without producing each clip first then importing into designer. If I want each panel to have its own look there is no way to do this without producing first. I dont see an UNDO feature. This seems unforgiving.
Collage Designer for me was a selling point to upgrade from PD15. I was hoping for a more robust feature set within the designer though. Now I have a great idea and a less stable PD software product overall than I had with 15.
I dont want to sound too negative but I am a bit disappointed with 16 so far. ____________________________________

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi CacoGrandé -

Maybe you're just getting used to the thing. Have you watched the video tutorial? Once your media is imported into the Media Library, it's available in Video Collage Designer (whether it's in the timeline or not).

These are templates to save time assembling productions. There aren't any keyframe, speed, colour adjustment or titles options in VCD, so you're right. If you wanted each panel to have a particular "look" you'd need to pre-produce those sections first. VCD is a set of (fairly flexible) templates for arranging videos on screen.

There's no "undo" but you can simply overwrite. e.g. drop Clip 1 into a panel - change your mind - drop Clip 2 over it.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi CacoGrandé -

Maybe you're just getting used to the thing. Have you watched the video tutorial? Once your media is imported into the Media Library, it's available in Video Collage Designer (whether it's in the timeline or not).

These are templates to save time assembling productions. There aren't any keyframe, speed, colour adjustment or titles options in VCD, so you're right. If you wanted each panel to have a particular "look" you'd need to pre-produce those sections first. VCD is a set of (fairly flexible) templates for arranging videos on screen.

There's no "undo" but you can simply overwrite. e.g. drop Clip 1 into a panel - change your mind - drop Clip 2 over it.

Cheers - Tony

Thank you Tony.
Its a cool tool and works as it should I suppose. But to be able at least to pick from timeline as well as library would make it similar to Magic modules. If I want to change a scene in a window I have to go in and re-clip the orig from the library. Where as if I already trimmed and added whatever to each clip in the timeline it makes changes much smoother in VCD
Probably a few tweeks to my workflow when I want to use VCD and all will be right again.
Happy New Year to you. ____________________________________

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,