Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Preview video image upside down?
Terence1946 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2015 14:55 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I am not a very experienced editor! I have used pd15 for a couple years, upgraded to 16 a month or so ago. This week I wanted to make an annual video which is about 3hrs at the moment. I am combining several projects into one. So today I opened my primary project to find the preview video is upside down. If I play a clip from the timeline it will be upright, if I play the same clip as a movie it is upside down. When this first started about 2 out of 3 times I opened this project it would be right, then later in the day it was happening every time. I can go to anyone of my many other projects and all is okay when they open, at least for now. Any thoughts apprecieated, and yes I have restarted the computer many times, reloaded pd16 and kissed my rabbit foot.
Thanks Terry
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Terry -

Wow! That's persistent - even after the rabbit's foot treatment.

It's happened before, but generally rights itself once a project is closed then re-opened.

Examples: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63676.page and https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/64125.page

I don't have any solution for you because I have no idea what causes it. Sorry.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Terence1946 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Tony,
Up early and started my computer, pd16 etc. My project still came up with the upside down preview. Somewhere along the way I saw something about changing the preview resolution. Mine was set at, HD Preview Resolution, I changed that to another setting and everything went okay again. I tried the other four settings and everything was still okay. I put it back to the original HD Preview Resolution I was using, still okay. I do not know how long this will last, but at least I can get the kink out of my neck from turning my head over.
Thanks again, Terry
Terence1946 [Avatar]
[Post New]
This issue has come back a few more times, not everytime, but when I change the preview resolution it will correct. Seems pd16 is not what it is cracked up to be. More work to be done.