Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am looking for advice here.
We recorded a lot of video with lights a decent camera and a mic that clips behind the ear. Unfortunately some of the audio (voice only) is not as good as we wanted it.
The question I have is how can it be fixed to get rid of some hiss and crackles plus making the volume more uniform (some sections the volume drops quite considerably).
Can someone suggest software to easily do this (we are not sound engineers and don't understand the intricacies) or is there a service avail to do something like this?
Ot am I being stupid?
All help gratefully accepted.
Cheers Glyn
Dafydd: Quote The method employed by pros is to edit small bits (and produce) and bring all back in to create a final video

This has intrigued me! Would you elucidate a bit for me? Do I trim/clip the video and add transitions and pips, etc in small chunks and then produce?

Not sure if I understand properly....

Cheers
Glyn
Ta Muchly, Tony.

Hopefully this will do the trick.

Cheers and Merry Christmas to all
Glyn
Thanks Barry, I have contacted them.
Cheers
Glyn
Hi Guys,
2 quick questions please.

1/ where can I download the c version of 2220? Can't find it on the Cyberlink patch site.

2/ I am using a Radeon x1550 video card on Win 7 64 bit. I have just downloaded the 9.11 version of the drivers only and the complete 9 yards (96 MB worth) which are labeled for Vista. Is this the correct one for my environment?

Thanks and regards
Glyn
Hi Tony,

After editing my video clips I produce the file using MPEG2. I save the file Produce.mpg in a seperate directory. Once this is finished I close Powerdirector and restart it again. I then start a new project and import the Produce.mpg. I add my Five chapters and go to the Create Disk option. Here I select my menu and select the High Quality Option only. I then start burning the disk and the only change I make is to slow the burning speed down to the lowest possible ( in this case 4).

Two problems with doing it this way. It skips the first chapter when playing on a DVD Player but it seems fine on the computer. Also my sound seems to fade in and out. (The sound is fine on the computer while editing and on the original video clips)

When I skip the Produce step and only do the Create Disc where I then select to write to a folder the finished DVD seems fine in that all the chapters play. However the sound still fades in and out. (The sound is important as we are producing training DVD's)

We moved to Win 7 as Powerdirector was extremely slow and crashed constantly on XP.

Any Ideas as to how we can fix this

Tilly ( on behalf of Glyn)
Hi Guys,

when we were running on XP we would produce first and then burn which is great as we can then burn again without waiting for the produce to run.

I moved the platform to Win 7 64 bit and now the only way to burn is to do the whole thing at once. In other words, if I try to produce it looks like it works ok but when I play it on any (2 anyway) video machine, the first chapter will not play. On a computer, it does. This is consistent across a number of attempts with different projects.

Not sue why on earth this should happen, any takers?

Is there any logging that would give us a clue?

Cheers
Glyn
Before I put my foot in my mouth again, I have PMed you Dafydd.
Cheers
Glyn
Hi Robert,

I PMed Dafydd and hopefully he will be able to help I have pasted the reply here sans the password. Not sure if you can help with the information supplied, but if you can I would appreciate it.

Now one thing I did notice now is that the expiry date is in November rather than in December. This may of course just be a typo.

Cheers
Glyn
South Africa
Well customer support did give me a link and credentials to download the software, but the credentials don't work. I have repeatedly asked for corrected credentials but I don't get a reply at all.

Is there anyone on the forum with direct access to Cyberlink who would chivvy them up a bit for me?

I really need to get the new computer going with photonow and all I need is to be able to log in and download it.

I would appreciate help here guys

TIA and cheers
Glyn
This is quite bizarre! I moved from XP to Win7 (64 bit)and finished off a project which I started on XP. The reason for the move was slow response and continual hang ups. The Win7 installation has nothing other than OS and PD on so there is no interference from other software, etc. PD works much, much faster too.

The problem comes when creating DVDs. I produce the file first to MPG and then use PD to burn the DVD. The DVD plays properly on the computer and other computers, but when I put it into a DVD player the first item on the 2nd level menu just does not play, it plays the 2nd item on the menu instead. Even selecting play from the top level menu goes straight to the 2nd item.

It is not the DVD player because I did 2 tests: I burnt a DVD from a project file produced in XP and that also did not play the 1st item on the 2nd level menu, but I take a DVD of this project which was burnt on XP, and the menus work 100% in the DVD player.

Now for something even more strange. I produce and burn in one process, the problem project on Win7 and the resulting DVD plays correctly in the DVD player.

I have no idea why moving to another OS has any bearing on this, but it does.

Has anyone got any idea of reason and a solution to this?

Cheers and TIA
Glyn
Just an update. Cyberlink support has given me a link to download the content pack again so I can get photonow reinstalled.
Alright Patrick so I can't type!

Photonow is photo editing software which links in to PD.

Cheers
Glyn
Thanks guys for the quick response.
I have the original PD8 install file and that is up and running fine. The content file is a dynamic install and when I run it I get a 403 forbidden error.

There is now photonow in the uninstall programs on the new machine, but there is on the original box.

Any idea why I would get the 403 error?

Cheers
Glyn
I know this is not a technical question and I have sent it to customer services.

When I purchased PD8 a couple of months ago, it came with photonow. I now need to move to another machine and can't find the photonow installation file. I can't find it anywhere on the net either.

Anyone have any ideas as to where I might find it?

TIA and cheers
Glyn
Hi Jaime,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes it was the production file and yes I am aware that they are different types of files and shouldn't be mixed, BUT, I am human and I made a mistake ;-(.

In any event I found out afterwards that the auto backup was working and after viewing hidden files, I found it, so nothing was actually lost.

Cheers
Glyn
Did a really stupid thing!! finished editing a 50 min video with lots of pips, transitions etc which took 4 days of work. produced it and then saved the file and overwrote the pds file.

Is there ANYWAY to convert it back to pds?

Someone please say yes......

TIA
Glyn
This type of video requires good quality audio with little or no background hiss, and this is where we have been having problems. We have tried a number of different cameras and it is not until you get to the top end of "consumer" products that the hiss starts diminishing. We have tried external mics and zoom mics all with the same sad results.

If anyone has experience of this type of project I would appreciate any pointers or methodologies to get good quality audio with acceptable video. We have not bought a camera as yet so recommendations here would also be appreciated.

One thought I had and I have no idea if this is possible, is to connect the camera directly to the PC with firewire or USB, and to connect the mic to the line-in plug on the computer. I can't see anywhere in PD to split the input of video and audio. But if this is possible, would the lip sync be correct?

TIA
Glyn
Thanks for this OTW. I actually installed am ATI card and now I can preview. I haven't gone into the hardware acceleration part as yet, but at least I can see what I have been doing!

Maybe you can help in the "next" issue? I am not able to render the video. It gets to 20-21% and zooms to 100% and proudly states it has finished, but the output mbo files are zero size. I have followed the instructions from another thread emptying the temp directory, ensuring no other apps are running, reinstalling PD, etc, but I cannot get past this. I suspect that some other app or process is the cause but I cannot find anything that might give a clue.

It would be useful to have some sort of debug tool or profiler to try and identify what it could be. But in the absence of this, do you have any ideas I can try?

Out of interest, I can render the video on my win 7 laptop. Go figure?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Glyn
I am running on Win XP SP3 with dual core P4 and 4GB RAM. On board video Intel G33/31 chips set with 128+ MB shared memory.
The video i am trying to preview/burn is ~50 minutes.
When I go to burn disk and preview the screen is blank but the menu music plays. In 'produce' I set it to Mpeg2, sq and PAL.

SOMETIMES if I just play the video itself without using the preview on the bottom right, it will play but it is inconsistent.
CPU goes to 100% memory usage is 1.3GB and it will sit there all day, ie no crashing.

One of the side-effects (I think) is that when I burn a DVD and play it on the TV, the lip-sync goes out towards the end even although in editing mode, it is 100%.

Does it make sense to put in another video card?

Any ideas would be useful as this is becoming a bit of a crisis as I have to have this stuff finished soon.

TIA
Glyn
Go to: