Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Strange behaviour with burning
glynd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2009 07:50 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
This is quite bizarre! I moved from XP to Win7 (64 bit)and finished off a project which I started on XP. The reason for the move was slow response and continual hang ups. The Win7 installation has nothing other than OS and PD on so there is no interference from other software, etc. PD works much, much faster too.

The problem comes when creating DVDs. I produce the file first to MPG and then use PD to burn the DVD. The DVD plays properly on the computer and other computers, but when I put it into a DVD player the first item on the 2nd level menu just does not play, it plays the 2nd item on the menu instead. Even selecting play from the top level menu goes straight to the 2nd item.

It is not the DVD player because I did 2 tests: I burnt a DVD from a project file produced in XP and that also did not play the 1st item on the 2nd level menu, but I take a DVD of this project which was burnt on XP, and the menus work 100% in the DVD player.

Now for something even more strange. I produce and burn in one process, the problem project on Win7 and the resulting DVD plays correctly in the DVD player.

I have no idea why moving to another OS has any bearing on this, but it does.

Has anyone got any idea of reason and a solution to this?

Cheers and TIA
Glyn