Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
photonow bundled with PD8
glynd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2009 07:50 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
I know this is not a technical question and I have sent it to customer services.

When I purchased PD8 a couple of months ago, it came with photonow. I now need to move to another machine and can't find the photonow installation file. I can't find it anywhere on the net either.

Anyone have any ideas as to where I might find it?

TIA and cheers
Glyn
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Glyn -

Do you have your original PD8 installation files? PhotNow is installed with PD8.

There are 2 files PDR8_Program & PDR8_Content.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Glynd,

PhotoNow is an integral part of the PowerDirector installation package, although it shows as a separate file in Add/Remove programs it is not available as a stand alone program.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
glynd [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks guys for the quick response.
I have the original PD8 install file and that is up and running fine. The content file is a dynamic install and when I run it I get a 403 forbidden error.

There is now photonow in the uninstall programs on the new machine, but there is on the original box.

Any idea why I would get the 403 error?

Cheers
Glyn
Patrick [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sydney, Australia Joined: Nov 24, 2009 17:04 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
What is Photnow?

Rgds
glynd [Avatar]
[Post New]
Alright Patrick so I can't type!

Photonow is photo editing software which links in to PD.

Cheers
Glyn
[Post New]
Once it is installed, you should be able to find (and shortcut to)PhotoNow.exe under c:\program files\Cyberlink\photonow.
Patrick [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sydney, Australia Joined: Nov 24, 2009 17:04 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Alright Patrick so I can't type!

Photonow is photo editing software which links in to PD.

Cheers
Glyn

Thanks Glyn. Did not know that
Rgds
Pat

glynd [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just an update. Cyberlink support has given me a link to download the content pack again so I can get photonow reinstalled.
glynd [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well customer support did give me a link and credentials to download the software, but the credentials don't work. I have repeatedly asked for corrected credentials but I don't get a reply at all.

Is there anyone on the forum with direct access to Cyberlink who would chivvy them up a bit for me?

I really need to get the new computer going with photonow and all I need is to be able to log in and download it.

I would appreciate help here guys

TIA and cheers
Glyn
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Glyn,

Contact Dafydd and send the link to this post, he will assist you in resolving the password issue.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
glynd [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Robert,

I PMed Dafydd and hopefully he will be able to help I have pasted the reply here sans the password. Not sure if you can help with the information supplied, but if you can I would appreciate it.

Now one thing I did notice now is that the expiry date is in November rather than in December. This may of course just be a typo.

Cheers
Glyn
South Africa

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 10. 2009 03:18

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Glyn bach, you should not have posted the download links on a public forum - think next time. I've removed them.

Robert meant for you to provide me with the page link (http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/9103.page) to this topic!

Part of the link you provided is out of date. I require the information asked in the PM still. Diolch.

Deall fi?

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 10. 2009 03:29

glynd [Avatar]
[Post New]
Before I put my foot in my mouth again, I have PMed you Dafydd.
Cheers
Glyn