Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am using SnagIt and it doesn't offer any resolution changes. The best I came to was frame rate. I did a quick slower record>import files.... not better. I tried to change the compression types (codecs) and compression rates from 0 to 100. I thought the other video was bad till I set it for 0. The vid looked like a cute puffy cotton ball.

I might look into another capture program. I don't have a problem with spending the money, only the results.

Thanks,
Aaron
That is a good road to lead down. I was about to open it as well.
I will get back with a resolution or tears of pain.

Thanks,

Aaron
All,

How come when I watch my screen capture AVI (before PD my playback looks great. After I import and produce, it is extremely fuzzy.

Preview: Set to Hi-Res
Vid Res: 1440:900
Fr.Rate: 15 FPS
Aspect: 1440:900

There are no import settings for import quality or compression that I could find that would deter the import quality.

Is there something I am overlook? I have spent endless hours looking for a definitive answer. I have about twenty How-To videos for my field technicians that I need to finalize.

Thank you All !
Aaron
Quote: One of my issues is this " TV SAFE " area.

Guys and Gals you are all so smart at times... except now.

I have Wiki-ed the whole TV Safe area. Per Wiki "It is the area where you place kids when they won't shut up during the football game", (e.g. a dark closet)

Aaron
Wow, I hear an echo in the room ("Barry", then "comrade - Mathew")

I use a program called Sound Forge. It is studio quality but try visiting http://www.oldversion.com to see what's out there for EQ and VU settings.

Aaron
Barry & Robert,

I might give some insight to the whole topic. If your children get into ALOT of trouble.... do you pop them in the butt with a "Stick" or a "Bat" ?

Take Care,
Aaron
Dafydd,

Love the southern accent. Are you sure your not from Tennessee?

Thanks for the links.

Aaron
Quote: I LOVE P2Go.

Especially after a few adult beverages. I TOO LOVE 2GoP...

Sorry, I will grow up.

Aaron
Dafydd ,

Nice Tutorial Link you made !

Aaron
Alex,

I too greatly appreciate all the time you have spent with this thread. I will keep this link as a resource.

Take care,

Aaron
Send me a PM. Like to hear from you.

Aaron
I'm using a great program called aviswfconverter.exe http://avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Converter.aspx?type=GoogleAdWordsContent&gclid=CM344K_Jr58CFQ975QodU24Y1Q . It is an older version and is free. It does a really good job at converting AVIs to Flash.

I wasn't sure what the max on a CD is available.

I see your from Tennesee. Where abouts?

I'm in Nashville, was from Memphis.

Aaron
All,

I have changed my Screen Name (from midtnshooter to Aaron In BNA) to whom I am. I shoot competition pistols and this isn't the forum for that. From now on, I want everyone to know who I am.

Thank you all for everything you do.

Aaron in Nashville (BNA)
Barry, Barry ,Barry..... Remember what the teacher used to say, "If you didn't bring enough sarcasm for anyone...." Oops my bad, that was bubble gum. When it comes to sarcasm, I usually brought enough for the whole school.

I hate when I read a good topic and the replies aren't fast enough. Kinda like the Lost Series breaks for a year.

I will watch for his reply.

Thanks,
Aaron
Jaime,

The fit window worked well. I am able to see my detailed area so my voice overs can be added.

Thank you all !

One more question if you can help. My videos will be broken down to three minute segments and added to a cd. This cd will be coded for HTML with navigation linked to the desired video in a flash player. I want to keep the highest quality possible so that I can put as many videos on a CD.

Question #1) Does anyone know what the amount (minute wise) of video can be placed on a CD, not DVD? I know there are so many varibles, but maybe an idea. (i.e.,1080i can give me 15 minutes). The purpose of the CD is that I am able to burn copies in the field for distribution unlike DVDs.

Question #2) The videos will be played in a flash browser so when the tech enlarges the browser window from a 4x5 inch to full window, I want the best quality, small file size and not give up my quailty. Any recommendations? (These videos will be played on laptops in the field and will eventually be uploaded to the company website).

I hope that I am not exhausting a good thing (the forum) by asking these questions. I always try and try again before I trouble someone.

Thank you all for all of you help !

Aaron
Fresh out of college I started working for various radio stations and loved the studio mics they had. Every mic I purchased before had a sqweek that annoyed me. In PD, I have to change the mic input to my Novia, but the final result is clean sounds only a good microphone can produce. Because of it's technology and that it is a omni mic, I do have to choose my recording environment carefully. I was doing a voice over using my laptop and the internal fan was actually being picked up. I made a "jerri-rigged" sound buffer (to no avail), but resolved it by connecting a flat screen monitor, keyboard and mouse and slidding the laptop under my desk....problem solved. When I am out away from my home office and pull out the mic for use, most people say nice mic. I do love it. It has a little weight that insures it's components are safe, but most of all the sound is untouchable compared to studio microphones that can cost a $1,000.00 + .
George, I guess we both believe in the "you get whatcha paid for" theory.Maybe it is the cardioid condenser? Mine too is equiped. How is your attached, via USB2 ?
I too had issues with the microphone. I wanted a good mic for voice overs and the headset route wasn't it. I went and bought a M-Audio Nova Series Mic from BestBuy. If you want a good product, you will need to spend the money. It comes witha tripod, great software for some cool effects (if you are into that), but for a deep rich studio quality for a fraction of the price, I would highly recommend it. The price is around $130 and is a USB I/O port. Go to http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Nova.html and get the whole story.

Take Care,
Aaron
Can you assist me with my project. When I try to record my voice overs, the Movie Screen is too small and can not be adjusted (at least for me) so I can see my project progress. I have arrows on my How To video that I need to see. You can see a screen capture with audio. The file is very small .avi file, just too large to attach it here.
http://www.gtstn.com/CyberlinkForum.avi

Thank you All,
Aaron
I truly appreciate all the help this room has offered and I don't like to bother anyone if possible. If anyone knows of a "PowerDirector 8 Bible" (similiar to Dreamweaver and other programs), please let me know.

Take Care,
AcB
Go to: