Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio Voice Over Screen Too Small
Aaron in BNA
Newbie Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 16, 2009 11:43 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Can you assist me with my project. When I try to record my voice overs, the Movie Screen is too small and can not be adjusted (at least for me) so I can see my project progress. I have arrows on my How To video that I need to see. You can see a screen capture with audio. The file is very small .avi file, just too large to attach it here.
http://www.gtstn.com/CyberlinkForum.avi

Thank you All,
Aaron Just because you can, doesn't mean you should !
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi MidTNShooter,

Not sure if this is what you meant, but if you click/hold your mouse (on the line highlighted in red in the attached image), you can expand the viewing area a bit.
[Thumb - vo screens (2)b.png]
 Filename
vo screens (2)b.png
[Disk]
 Description
Expand viewing area
 Filesize
88 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
212 time(s)
Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Try the 'fit' drop down menu to enlarge it before you start the record. Unfortunately there is little control over how it enlarges, but that might help. The other option might be to preview it full screen while you record the voice over with another program, like Audacity. Then import the audio to PD. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Aaron in BNA
[Post New]
Jaime,

The fit window worked well. I am able to see my detailed area so my voice overs can be added.

Thank you all !

One more question if you can help. My videos will be broken down to three minute segments and added to a cd. This cd will be coded for HTML with navigation linked to the desired video in a flash player. I want to keep the highest quality possible so that I can put as many videos on a CD.

Question #1) Does anyone know what the amount (minute wise) of video can be placed on a CD, not DVD? I know there are so many varibles, but maybe an idea. (i.e.,1080i can give me 15 minutes). The purpose of the CD is that I am able to burn copies in the field for distribution unlike DVDs.

Question #2) The videos will be played in a flash browser so when the tech enlarges the browser window from a 4x5 inch to full window, I want the best quality, small file size and not give up my quailty. Any recommendations? (These videos will be played on laptops in the field and will eventually be uploaded to the company website).

I hope that I am not exhausting a good thing (the forum) by asking these questions. I always try and try again before I trouble someone.

Thank you all for all of you help !

Aaron in BNA
[Post New]
All,

I have changed my Screen Name (from midtnshooter to Aaron In BNA) to whom I am. I shoot competition pistols and this isn't the forum for that. From now on, I want everyone to know who I am.

Thank you all for everything you do.

Aaron in Nashville (BNA) Just because you can, doesn't mean you should !
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Look up a program called Video to Flash. I think it is a free download and you can experiment with quality and file size. VCD's could hold about 45 minutes of MPEG 1, which is roughly VHS quality, so you can expect less than that. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Aaron in BNA
[Post New]
I'm using a great program called aviswfconverter.exe http://avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Converter.aspx?type=GoogleAdWordsContent&gclid=CM344K_Jr58CFQ975QodU24Y1Q . It is an older version and is free. It does a really good job at converting AVIs to Flash.

I wasn't sure what the max on a CD is available.

I see your from Tennesee. Where abouts?

I'm in Nashville, was from Memphis.

James Dotson
[Post New]
I'm 100 miles straight down I-40 in Cumberland County. I'm from Texas, but I've been here 8 years. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Aaron in BNA
[Post New]
Send me a PM. Like to hear from you.