Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Animated Map
donbroadband
Member Location: Caldy, Wirral UK Joined: Aug 06, 2009 06:04 Messages: 119 Offline
[Post New]
Can anybody help please? I want to produce a clip of a map which shows progress down a route. I can easily put a car on a line using Keyframes with an object but I ideally want it to fill in behind it showing how far the object has travelled.
I can think of lots (well one!) very complicated way of doing it using multiple masks but there surely must be a simple way?

Thanks in advance

Don Gigabyte I7/4940 O/C 4.3, Noctua Cooler 10GB DDR3, 4 x 1TB, 1TB SSD, Geoforce GTX660 TI 8500W PSU, Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Please look up the Extras page on http://seemyworldonvideo.com/pages/extras-news-items.html

You'll find a free one and numerous other tools for PD editors.

Donald, upload a video to, bound to be better than the latest one I just loaded!! http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/775/key-fob-camera/

Dafydd
[Moderator]
donbroadband
Member Location: Caldy, Wirral UK Joined: Aug 06, 2009 06:04 Messages: 119 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd,
I thought the Camera was excellent - I just need to contact father Xmas now!

Regards,

Don Gigabyte I7/4940 O/C 4.3, Noctua Cooler 10GB DDR3, 4 x 1TB, 1TB SSD, Geoforce GTX660 TI 8500W PSU, Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Donald & Dafydd -

The route generator Dafydd was indicating does a decent job of tracking the route... but, in my view, not such a great job of generating a video file from it. This was more obvious when I used one of the little icons (eg. car). It'll do the job - just don't expect much in terms of video quality.

Dafydd - nice lttle camera to add to your collection.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 22. 2009 20:07

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony,
I know that Robert/Oz does the same as I do. We use a video screen capture software and capture the preview. We end up with a video etc etc. The preview size is something we set as well.

Camera... neat. I've just bought another micro-camera. I'll let you know which and what later. In my short video I had to lower the audio level 50% in PD where I showed the capability of the key-fob camera. I was amazed at the clarity of the audio. The crow was some 100 metres away. It was my voice that boomed in which made me lower the audio.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Good idea Dafydd -

The screen capture thing, that is... when I tried it out, it looked OK in preview - just went "grotty" after the video was generated.

100 metres audio pick up for a tiny thing like that!!! Amazing indeed.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Aaron in BNA
Newbie Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 16, 2009 11:43 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd,

Love the southern accent. Are you sure your not from Tennessee?

Thanks for the links.

Aaron Just because you can, doesn't mean you should !