Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
reinstall on new computer
Cambria Bill [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2009 19:31 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I used PD8 trial version for three weeks and was satisfied enough to purchase PD8 Ultra. Trouble is my new Windows 7 computer will not be here for 3 weeks. If I install PD8 Ultra on my present computer will I have problems with Cyberlink when I try to install a second time on the new computer? Thanks.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
No, it will be fine.

EDIT: 'Fine" means you cannot give it to your friends,
but if you have 2 personal computers, I do not think CL will be at your door with a baseball bat or a cricket stick.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 21. 2009 17:56

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Cambria Bill [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2009 19:31 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you once more!
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Oh Barry,

You must get your terminology correct, what the hell is a "Cricket Stick", do you mean cricket bat or cricket stump, so, just so that you can use the correct terms in future:

All the action, or non-action as the case may be, (similar to baseball where players come and go and nothing happens inbetween), is called the pitch or wicket area
At each end of the pitch are 3 stumps, upon which, 2 bails are placed, this is generally called the wicket.
The pitch is 22 yards long, ie, the distance between the 2 sets of stumps.
Now, to play the game, you need two teams of 11 players, one team is 'IN' and one team is 'OUT'. If your team is 'IN' then two players each armed with a cricket bat are placed at the wicket, one at each end, the other 9 players of the team are 'OUT' until such time as they are 'IN' and they get 'OUT'.
The team that is 'OUT' are spread around the playing area, normally called the cricket oval.
One player is given a nice shinny red ball, he is called the 'Bowler' and his job is to bowl the ball, using an overarm action at speeds of 140-150 klm per hour and try to knock the batsmans bails off, if this cannot be achieved, the bowler may bowl a bouncer, the object of which is to try and knock his head off instead.
The batsman job is to prevent the ball from hitting his wicket by placing his bat in front of the ball, if the ball misses the bat and hits his legs then he can be given out LBW, in which case he is no longer 'IN' but "OUT' and he comes in, if the ball misses the bat and hits the wicket, the batsman is also 'OUT' so he comes in and the next batman comes out and he is then 'IN'.
The batsmen also try to score runs,( the use of 'Home Run' is not used, because they are not at home). If he is lazy, he will try to hit a 4 or 6, a four is when the ball crosses the boundary touching the ground first and a six crosses the boundary without hitting the ground, otherwise to score runs they need to run to the other end of the wicket, (a lot of effort on a hot day).
I will not go into the finer points at this stage or explain the positions of siilly mid-off, silly mid-on, square leg, wicket keeper and the like.

I hope that you are now a lot wiser on the game of cricket and I am sure that there are many cricket fans on this forum who would be happy to provide you with more indepth information.

HOWSZAT- OUT or NOT OUT as the case may be

Robert

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I desire to whack you with a cricket stick. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Now Barry,

What did I explain above, it is not a 'stick', it's a bat or a stump, if you desire to whack someone, it is preferable to use a bat, it is bigger, heavier and carries more clout.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
This is turning into quite a sticky wicket. Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Aaron in BNA
Newbie Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 16, 2009 11:43 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Barry & Robert,

I might give some insight to the whole topic. If your children get into ALOT of trouble.... do you pop them in the butt with a "Stick" or a "Bat" ?

Take Care,
Aaron Just because you can, doesn't mean you should !