Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Best way to do a credits page???
KentH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2007 23:27 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I tried using a title page to do my credits page, but now each time I try to use that customized title in any project (even a brand new one) and then try to save, I get a Dummy Mixer CallBack Window 0x2c340a8: PDR.exe memory error (The instruction at "0x7c2821b2" reference memory at "0x0000001c". The memory could not be "read".) and then I have to close the program because I get an application error and it does not save what I have done. Why is that? Am I doing something wrong? What is the best way to do a credits page?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I create permanent Title templates and will be making some available shortly.

Right, tell me exactly what you are doing to create a customized Title? I want precise information and I want to know what you are imputing into the Title set up.

List your actions in numerical bullet points (1,2,3,4,5, etc).

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 10. 2007 13:55

Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
I am using the evaluation copy of Director along with Deskshare's product and MS MovieMaker 2 and Womble while I get a feel for each set of features and pros/cons.

After about four days of experimenting I am about to purchase Director but I have a number of questions including credits creation.

As far as Credits go it seemed at first that Directors use of multiple fonts was a winner. However after filling the page with the first ten lines of text I find I cant extend the length of the page.

My instinct tells me to make a tall page in Flash and scroll it upwards and then export as an AVI. Then I can import it into Director as a clip.

While I know this will work, am I missing some feature in Director.

How would you experts make a credits similar to a short movie with say 100 lines with mixed fonts and graphics which scrolls upwards?

If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Ron,

To do what you are asking, this is what I would do:

1. Lay down a black color board as a background for your credits
2. Enter the titles and select a template.
3. Input your text as required.
4. In the Title Designer click the Animation Properties tab.
5. Make sure your text object is highlight and then click on Begin Effect
6. Select Scroll Up

Now...the best way to do 100 lines is up to you. You can try and do it in several clips and try and time them perfectly. Or try and enter them all in one clip. The speed of the clip (and the speed of the credits) will be dependant on the length of the clip.

Kent H: I am not sure why you are getting those errors. Provide Dafydd with your steps and we'll see. Hope this solves your problem.