Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Frank,

Just right click on the Power2Go icon in your system tray and select "Exit".

Deselect "Start Program When System Starts" to not have it displayed everytime you login.

Dave
Michele,

No worries...it's ok...I like Calamari

All that you need to do this is in the Produce window. I would try and upload it directly to YouTube. The program has quite a few detailed steps on the UI you can follow.

The Help file (press F1 on your keyboard when in PDR) is quite help ful too.

Uploading to YouTube Steps below from the help file:

Uploading Video to YouTube
To upload your video to YouTube®, do this:

Click to open the Production Wizard.

Click and then on . The sign in and authorization options for YouTube appear on the page.

To sign into YouTube do one of the following:

If you already have a YouTube account, click the authorization button to login and authorize CyberLink PowerDirector to use your account to upload content.
If do not have a YouTube account, click the Sign up to YouTube button to sign up for a new account and then authorize CyberLink PowerDirector to use your account to upload content.
Click . The video details window is displayed. Enter the details about your video as follows:

Title: Enter the title of your movie production.
Description: Enter in a short description of your movie production.
Tag: Enter in several tags, separated by a space, that describe your video. Tags are keywords that people will search for on the YouTube site.
Video channel: Select the relevant video channel type from the available list.
Broadcast: Select whether to share your video with the world or mark it as private.
Click . The copyright disclaimer window is displayed. Select your desired profile quality from the drop down.

Read and confirm the copyright information by selecting the corresponding check box.

Click and then click . CyberLink PowerDirector will produce and then upload your video to YouTube. This process may take a few minutes

To ensure that all of your video clips have the same interlacing format, click Scan source video clips and set field order.
To stop the production process before completion, click .
To return to Edit mode after production is complete, click .

Good luck
Dave
Hi Michele,

.PDS format is just the project file created by PowerDirector...it is not actually a video file. Therefore it can't really be converted.

Anyway...what you should do is either Produce it as a Streaming WMV file and upload it, or use the Produce and Upload to YouTube feature again.

What exactly are the problems you are having when you try and upload it to YouTube directly from PowerDirector 6? Give us the exact details and I am sure someone here can quickly help you.

Dave
Hi Roman,

Contact customer support right away...they will be able to help you. Make sure you include a detailed description of where you bought your copy and include your shortened CD-key

Thanks

Dave
Peter,
The PiP option and other things like DTS, etc. are not "patches" they are further upgrades to your version of PowerDVD...that's all. Patches are updates that are free. When you upgrade, you had the choice to select all the additional ad ons...or upgrades.

Hope that helps

Dave
Hey Les,
I just read this one too.

Are you trying to import your files via the DV Camcorder capture option? If so, that probably won't work because your camcorder is a hard drive type. You need to simply use the import files option in the Media Library and browse to the connected camcorder like it is a hard drive.

Let me know if this helps or what the exact problem is so we can try and solve it.

Thanks

Dave
Hi Les,

Question...are you saying that you bought this camcorder :

JVC-GZ-HD7

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/JVC-GZ-HD7-Camcorder-Review.htm

And, when you bought the camcorder it came with PowerDirector 5? Is this correct?

I am wondering if that is what happened, because according to their web site, PDR6 may not be compatible with the HD7. It is not listed here:

http://www.cyberlink.com/english/products/powerdirector/5/premium/camcorders.jsp

If this is true, I would complain to JVC for providing this software with their camcorder.

Let me know what's up

Dave
Hi Sheryl,
There was a new patch released late last week for PowerDirector 6 and it sounds like it might fix what you are referring to. Check it out and see if you think it will work:

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/dl_patch_417_4_ENU.html

I hope that helps

Dave
Yes...this is what PowerProducer does. Makes more robust menus and lets you add multiple videos to a disc/menu.

You would have to produce your videos in PowerDirector as a video file and then import into PowerProducer.

Dave
Hi Trent,

Yes use Chapters to separate your video into sections. In the Chapter room you can correspond to chapter with the time where each section of the video begins. And Yes you can edit it all in one timeline. You'll see the chapter markers in the timeline as a guide.

When you go to create your disc, each chapter will be displayed separately as thumbnails by default that will be clickable chapters (like selecting scenes on a DVD).

For fade in and out from black, use the "Fade" transition on either end of the video clip. If you want to use the color black to fade in and out too, use just insert a color board on the timeline. To find a color board, select the drop-down in the Media Room and select Color Boards. Just insert a black color board like it is a normal video...and customize it to whatever duration you want it to be fo your fade.

Hope that helps.

Dave
Hi Tony,

You haven't been "ripped off", you paid to purchase a great camera... wish I had one.

The PowerDirector software that comes with it is a watered down version, the reason being because that is what JVC wanted to include and pay for to include with their camera.

Unfortunately if you want to access all the featues, you will have to upgrade to version 6.0.

Hope that helps and we look forward to seeing your HD videos on YouTube
Hi Bob (what's with the blue hair? )

Multi-level menus cannot be created in PowerDirector 6, as the create disc feature is not the focus, the video editing is. PowerProducer can create the multi level menus that you want.

Hope that helped

Dave
Don't worry Trent. If you are purchasing PDR 6 off the web site, it is the "full version"...i.e. Deluxe version.

Retail version means the one you buy at a store or online. OEM is a version you get with a laptop or PC you buy. Those versions are usually watered down.

Take the plunge Trent!
Sure, why not. You can import music into CyberLink PowerDirector in the following formats:

Audio: MP3, WAV, WMA, ASF
Hmmm...it might be for another reason though, not what they fixed. I wouldn't recommended installing the patch. However you can find them here:

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/patches_4_ENU.html

Good luck
Hi Tracie,

Take a look at the slideshow examples of each type created by the Slideshow Designer here:

http://www.cyberlink.com/english/products/powerdirector/tutorial/6/slideshowdesigner.jsp?Source=overviewpage

They are examples of the outputted styles...if any of them are like what you are experiencing, then that is just the way they were designed.

If you want...make a slideshow manually by inserting all 31 of your photos into the timeline and then inserting a desired transition.

Hope that helps
Hi,
The patch is ONLY for users who have version "1604a" installed on their computers. So since you have 1509, you don't need it and shouldn't install it.

Dave

Hi Tim.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news...but it looks like your camera is not fully supported by PowerDirector 6. I couldn't find it on the list:

http://www.cyberlink.com/english/products/powerdirector/5/premium/camcorders.jsp

Maybe for now export the files onto your computer via another method and then import them as files into PDR. Or contact customter support to see if they have any suggestions.
As I said...contact customer support.
Hi Brenda,

You have to apply a patch to make your version of PowerDirector 5 Windows Vista compatible.

Check the patch page for PDR or better yet...contact Customer Support with your build number and they will point you the correct patch.

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/patches_4_ENU.html

Dave
Yes. CyberLink PowerProducer is exactly what you are asking for and is a DVD authoring program. It has most of the same features and more for creating discs, including discs with multiple videos. See the link below:

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/products/main_3_ENU.html
Go to: