Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Authoring more than one project/movie to DVD
Will [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2007 07:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Apologies if this is answered elsewhere - i tried a search but couldnt find any similar queries so here goes.

On PD6, is there any way to create a DVD, with menu, which has more than one movie (mpeg-2) on it and the ability to choose between them on the menu?
For example, I have one movie of New York and one movie of Washington. The only way i have found to create one DVD with both on it is to create one movie with both NY and Washington, with a new chapter at the point where the NY stops and Washington starts. BUT this means there are no smaller chapter markers throughout each one!
Alternatively, I have produced two Mpeg-2 movies and burnt a DVD using Windows DVD creator which comes with Vista. That works fine except it doesnt have as good a menu designer as with PD6 nor does it have the "smartfit" option which i like.
Is the only alternative to buy PowerProducer to author my dvds?
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Will,

No you cannot do this with PowerDirector because it is mainly a video editing program, so the Create Disc function is limited.

You'll need to continue to use Windows DVD maker, PowerProducer or another DVD authoring tool to do what you are asking.

Dave
Will [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 23, 2007 07:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
thought so, but wanted to confirm. thanks very much!