Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Tony

Possibly may be the amount of media in the project am working on; approx 1000 stills / video images

Tried is with small projects / standard PD samples and got the speed you achieved; works really well

Tried again in project had issues with; had exactly the same issue again (see attached)

Though was doing something (the altered image was back in PD) had to close project to get away from the 'greyed out' 100% progress bar
OK, thanks, will experiment with repeat send / receives.

Like you; had done most of the photo editing separately but then realised image I wanted to use was a bit 'wonky' so thought would try the 'round trip' method.

Thanks for input
Thanks for all your responses; really helpful

Can move project on now - have about 5 panoramas to incorporate.
Excellent; exactly what I wanted!

Thanks very much

When I tried this I could not get it to stay full height; can now use the project file to achieve what I want.

Thanks for speedy response
Is there an easy method to do a 'long pan' across a panorama photo which is considerably wider than the visible screen?

Whilst keeping the image 'full screen' height

Or am I missing something simple!?

Example attached

Any help appreciated
Has anyone experienced any issues with 'round trip editing' (between PD13 & Photodirector) having tried it on a project today it was so painfully slow that not worth doing!

Went to make a basic adjustment to a photo which was on the timeline; imported into Photodirector; made one minor adjustment (straightened photo) then went to return to PD13; got to 100% import then appeared to hang; (progress box went grey) Left it for a few minutes and then saved the project which appeared to clear the greyed out box, then carried on.

My understanding was that re-importing should be almost instant; equivalent to bringing in a photo into the media library?

Currently using PD13 v 2319
Success this time - I keep all the downloaded patches in one folder; which as worked fine for the last three patches, now moved the old ones into separate sub folder, new patch downloaded fine.

Strange when had worked previously without issue.
C:\ProgramData\CyberLink\Downloader

Can't find this on my computer (Win 8.1) and still getting 2223

I usually just delete the last patch downloader and works fine - not this time!
I appear to have Vol 9 & 13?

Certainly plenty of choices in Vol 9 and a smaller variety under Vol 13

PD13 installed with DS3
I have it on my LG G-Pad 8.3, works fine, fairly limited but would be good for a quick mobile edit

The code for the activation - need to make sure you have the 'bundle' version from the Play store, then go into Powerdirector on your PC, click the word Powerdirector in top right hand corner (to get 'about Powerdirector' with version number etc) Press the button 'get mobile app' The code is there, along with a QR code for download. The same for Photodirector if you have that. (Powerdirector one did not work at first as Cyberlink had a server issue; resolved now)
Also got same message when importing a standard definition project had created in PD12, once click OK appears to allow normal useage

Have submitted to Tech support anyway
Great, thanks Tony,never realised paint.net had that facility, makes it a lot easier
Another option have tried, appears to give some different results to what is possible with RG (picture overlays at various points of the route being one)

http://www.primap.com/wsen/Products/mapcreator.html

I have tried the free version using map overlays from Google Maps; would appreciate any tips anyone has about setting the image size to suit 16 : 9 projects; when using screen grabs from Google Maps the image sizes can be odd shapes (to incorporate the required area), re-sizing them (in paint.net) can result in them getting squashed. Be nice to be able to import them into PD in the correct shape.

If anyone has any experience in calculating image sizes (programme allows setting of pixels) would be helpful

The site includes easy to follow tutorials for the general technique,

Thanks
I have installed the Android version on my Tablet

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cyberlink.powerdirector.DRA140225_01&hl=en

Quite basic in comparison to the Windows mobile version and no export project option - only produce / upload to Facebook / upload to YouTube; but is does allow for basic 'on the go' editing

Hopefully features will improve as time passes; I think it it was only launched at the beginning of June?

A mobile forum would be great - given the differences in features probably would have to be separate Windows mobile and Android mobile?

EDIT

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/app-zone/appzone_en_GB.html?&r=1#position_c

There appears to be a 'bundle' version that may be free for registered users of Powerdirector - I have already paid for the upgrade on the free version but may be worth a try for others?

(upgrade was only £2.94 approx so not a huge amount!)
Tech support sent re-installation files to roll back to 2420

Tried once re-installed - crashes continued as before

(noticed it only happens with CROSS fades; as 'playsounds' reported above; I don't tend to use OVERLAP fades so had not noticed this)

Have reported back to Tech support
Reported to Tech Support with link to this page
In current project was attempting to put a fade transition between a standard image and an image that has the 'continuous shooting' effect applied to it

On each occasion causes PD to crash and ask to send an auto error report to Cyberlink (which I have done)

Just tried it again with new patch (2706) and still same result

Don't actually need to resolve this for current project as have left the fade out but assume that putting a simple fade between should not cause a problem?

Fade is applied - looks like is successful (can be seen on the timeline) programme hangs for few seconds then crashes

EDIT

Tried it with standard images 'forest' & 'girl in grass' and same result, both on timeline, applied 'continuous shooting' to second image, programme appears to work, then hangs, then crashes.

Interestingly, there is NOT a problem with the 'continuous shooting' applied to the FIRST image. (though problem re-occurs if you apply effect to BOTH, appeared to take slightly longer before crashed)
Double layer discs?

They hold 8.5gb
No problems either with new driver
Smart fit performance seems to vary somewhat, now managed to use original file with very small alterations, a successful 'smart fit' from 8.8gb down to dead on 8.5gb. Still sticks at 23% for a bit but now gets through it.

Happy with that as certainly makes full use of disc!
Thanks for your input,

It was not a rendering issue as complete project rendered fine into a variety of formats.

Further testing indicates problem caused by project being just beyond what 'smart fit' was capable of, original project was just over 2hrs 17mins, (giving approx 8.8gb) have trimmed to just over 2hrs 16mins (giving approx 8.7gb) and it successfully reduces it to just under 8.5gb, therefore burning successfully.

Go to: