Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Optodata

Thanks for your comprehensive reply, I would certainly like to resolve the underlying issue,

1) Tried the sfc / scannow - no errors reported by that

2) OS Build 10586.29 with Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3116900)

3) Tried the Reset PC Tool; it was rather more drastic than I expected (most software will have to be re-installed) Having re-installed Director Suite 4; unfortunately the original issue is still there.

I have attached a DXDiag which I took BEFORE then another AFTER the reset.

Both show errors at the bottom, beyond my knowledge as to if they are significant or not.

I have currently only installed the basic Director Suite in case there is an issue with the basic Windows install which needs resolving

(my installation media for the SSD installation was downloaded / created when I did the Windows 10 upgrade, then saved onto a DVD; the reset procedure did not require the use of it)

When I first installed the SSD last week, PhotoDirector did not run at all for a bit, then sorted itself out (issue been reported by various users on the PhotoDirector forum, this issue has not re-appeared)

I will also submit query to technical support
Hi Optodata

Thanks for your suggestions

I tried the re-installation as 'administrator' having seen it suggested after a Forum search for similar issues; on the PD13 forum (may have been in one of your posts?) This did not alter the problem unfortunately

I have also now tried altering the permissions as suggested, giving full control, again unfortunately this does not alter the problem

Also noted that the same pop up occurs when selecting 'OK' on the screen recorder settings, which does in fact stop the use of this particular bit of software, as the settings can't be changed.

However, following on from your suggestions, I have gone into the 'properties / advanced' settings of each of my taskbar shortcuts for PD & Screen recorder, selected 'run as administrator' tick box, then adjusted the UAC notifications to the lowest setting - each now run without any pop ups.

Not sure if am creating a potential issue by doing this?
Hi Jeff

Thanks for your input - issue does go away if 'run as administrator' however as the only user of the computer & the only user account I thought I was the administrator!

Tried varying the UAC settings with no effect

Any suggestions as to what settings in Windows could be changed to overcome this?

Thanks

Ed
Not sure if this is Windows or PowerDirector issue?

When press 'settings' gear icon - get the attached pop up - press OK and carry on as normal.

Have just done a fresh install of Windows 10 & PD etc onto new SSD drive, never saw this on previous installation.

Is the 'settings' icon calling on a folder which needs its permissions changing? Everything is installed as default Windows.

Any help appreciated - not a major issue just an annoyance!
Now mine has decided to work!

Unfortunately not able to say what had changed to make it work - it just does.

(had not restarted or anything since last tried)

Have now re-installed the latest patch and still all going OK

Some weird Windows glitch? Had started to wonder if it was a recent update (Windows 10 v 1511) which I had only recieved as part of the fresh install, so had not been part the previous trouble free installation. But now it has corrected itself?!
I also have the same issue - (gets as far as the splash screen then hangs with no control - only way to stop is via task manager) - have just done a 'fresh install' of windows 10 onto new SSD drive

Re-installed Director Suite 4 - problem now occured with PhotoDirector

It has been running fine for a few months; since Director Suite 4 installation & then upgrade to Windows 10 (done as upgrade from Windows 8.1 not a fresh install at the time)

(Not 100% sure but I think may have run the first time I installed it last night!? Fairly sure I checked all at least ran.)

Any help appreciated!

(just to clarify - have tried both re-installing PhotoDirector on its own then complete Suite re-installation with no luck - with all associated registry cleaning etc in between)
Bit of experimenting - setting the duration to 0.2 (see attached) appears to give a video within PDr of the same length as produced directly by Route Gen?

Is that the correct way to set it - was not very scientific! Or is there a better way?

Produced the full resolution file no problem!

The tracking seems a bit hit and miss - could not get the movement within PDr to stay consistently with the vehicle movement, kept overtaking it!? More experimenting required.

Ed
Hi Tony

How do you set the duration to 1 frame? Assume this is different to duration setting which is seconds?

Thanks

Ed
Hi Tony

Nice little tour round Bournemouth / Poole! Useful idea.

When I tried the highest resolution format cropped to 16:9, for example 5145 x 2903 - it completed the Route Gen process OK but the resulting video file is not recognised. (by either Windows media or PDr) (in WMP when follow the web help=indicates Windows Media Player error C00D11B1)

Tried again having resized the base image to 3840 x 2160 and it produces and is recognised fine; perfectly clear as well. (Have not tried any resolutions in between)

Produced using the 'default' Route Gen output profile under ffmpeg in both cases.

Looks like you managed to produce at full resolution?

Thanks

Ed
Many thanks Tony, I had forgotten about the original thread!

Had also not realised that the output quality was set by the base image.

After some experimenting have found a method to get a good quality 'Google Maps' base map which as then resulted in a good quality video output, if anyone is interested I followed this method (found on a printers website)

Go to My Maps Google website https://www.google.com/mymaps

Click on ‘Create a new map’, you will be required to sign-in with your gmail account.

Search your location and zoom in/out as desired. In the left panel click on the doted bar icon next to ‘add layer’ and ‘share’. A drop down menu will appear, click on the last link ‘print map’. (add screen pic) Select the required size and output. Press print button to produce image or pdf file. Now save the pdf or image file from your browser onto your computer and use it in your art work.
Hi Tony,

I used the import from Google maps feature and produced at the standard settings using ffmpeg (MPEG-4 part 2) to get the attached video; which is nothing like the quality in your example - must be setting it up wrong I think? File size is very small as well - 1.01mb

Have tried the bmp2avi and though this produces larger files (700mb +) the quality is similar

The individual bmp are clear and sharp (apart from the car graphic)

Any help appreciated

Ed
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45430.page#234543

This the one you are looking for?

Software is called 'Route Generator'; and also 'Map Creator 2' - both of which are free software and I have used both with some success

(though would be interested myself if anyone has got a very good output quality from either software, they both appear to output 'avi' which can appear a bit grainy?)
Ok many thanks
In the manual it states......

Timeline frame rate: select the TV format (NTSC or PAL) and frame rate for your video production. The format should correspond to the region in which you plan to play your video (if you burn it to disc). The frame rate should correspond to the source video footage being used in your production.

However; in settings the max (PAL) option is 50FPS. My camera produces 59.94 FPS; is there any way to alter the setting to suit?

Or does it not make a significant difference?

I have a custom profile in 'Produce' to suit the camera output
Do you have Internet connection? I saw the activation window appear couple of times then programme loaded, I assume it was connecting with the Cyberlink server, may be very busy first day of new programme? They have also been known to have activation issues in the past so may be more to do with them than you? Worth trying later?
Are you saying it quits before the programme is even fully installed? If so this would indicate something wrong with the download.

Try download again?
When I installed mine (Director Suite 4) it asked for the activation key as part of the installation, (fairly early on) rather than after installation.

May be worth un-installing / re-installing?

The activation key came as part of a seperate email at the time of purchase.

Others on here may have a better / more specific answer.
I think if you do it quickly enough you can refund ultra / buy ultimate

Others may be able to confirm the time period?
Just checked - Ultra is below Ultimate and does not come with NewBlue Titler Pro

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/compare_en_GB.html

Under the Titles Tab; showing all content; New Blue (on my system is bottom of the list)

Then Titler Pro 1 shows in the Library pane

Drop in a video / title track, select modify then you are in the Titler Pro window

Hope this helps
Hi Tony

Possibly may be the amount of media in the project am working on; approx 1000 stills / video images

Tried is with small projects / standard PD samples and got the speed you achieved; works really well

Tried again in project had issues with; had exactly the same issue again (see attached)

Though was doing something (the altered image was back in PD) had to close project to get away from the 'greyed out' 100% progress bar
Go to: