Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Large shutterstock downloads are cancelling
Vitus SK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2018 12:53 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
I'm very thankful for the new shutterstock feature, I can really use it. However, at a certain file size, the downloads just keep cancelling. Since they naturally take a while, I usually keep them in the background and do something else on the PC in the meantime, only to notice at coming back that the download window has disappeared and the videos have not been downloaded. So I tried only downloading one clip at the time, which sometimes worked, but sometimes it didn't. So I said, let's not watch YouTube or strain the connection otherwise during the download, but leave PD in the foreground and watch the exciting progress bar slowly fill itself... and I noticed that during the download of a 780MB clip at 620MB the download just stops, the window closes and that's it. Tried it multiple times and it always stops at the same point. Has anybody else got this issue? Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,
I'm very thankful for the new shutterstock feature, I can really use it. However, at a certain file size, the downloads just keep cancelling. Since they naturally take a while, I usually keep them in the background and do something else on the PC in the meantime, only to notice at coming back that the download window has disappeared and the videos have not been downloaded. So I tried only downloading one clip at the time, which sometimes worked, but sometimes it didn't. So I said, let's not watch YouTube or strain the connection otherwise during the download, but leave PD in the foreground and watch the exciting progress bar slowly fill itself... and I noticed that during the download of a 780MB clip at 620MB the download just stops, the window closes and that's it. Tried it multiple times and it always stops at the same point. Has anybody else got this issue? Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks

Hi,
Can you perhaps give the specific clip(s) so that members can test the same clips so we can see if it is clip specific or a more general issue.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Vitus SK [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello, the one I last tried to download is called aerial-view-of-rivers-and-marshes (also, yes, it's 719MB large, not 780)

https://ak.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/2158016/preview/stock-footage-aerial-view-of-rivers-and-marshes.mp4

I hope that's enough, don't know if there's an ID number for this video or something...
But as I said, it's happened before with bundled downloads exceeding the 620MB limit (probably, only observed this very limit with the last one) as well, but the single videos one at the time worked well. I think this is just the first one I try that happens to exceed this "limit" on its own.

Edit: This one even stops at 580MB.
https://ak.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/3656276/preview/stock-footage-a-long-and-slow-aerial-helicopter-shot-of-beautiful-green-mountain-ridges.mp4

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 06. 2020 10:05

Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello, the one I last tried to download is called aerial-view-of-rivers-and-marshes (also, yes, it's 719MB large, not 780)

https://ak.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/2158016/preview/stock-footage-aerial-view-of-rivers-and-marshes.mp4

I hope that's enough, don't know if there's an ID number for this video or something...
But as I said, it's happened before with bundled downloads exceeding the 620MB limit (probably, only observed this very limit with the last one) as well, but the single videos one at the time worked well. I think this is just the first one I try that happens to exceed this "limit" on its own.

Edit: This one even stops at 580MB.
https://ak.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/3656276/preview/stock-footage-a-long-and-slow-aerial-helicopter-shot-of-beautiful-green-mountain-ridges.mp4

Hi,

On a first test, both the 719Mb and the 964Mb files downloaded and imported to the media library individually without any glitches.

A random selection of 7 clips @ 2246Mb also downloaded and imported successfully.

So, if other members can also do a similar test and find no issues, it is something specific to your system and operating environment, I would suspect?

Anyone care to confirm?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I tried a number of videos, including the rivers and marshes one mentioned above. All downloaded and installed with no issues.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I've also tried to download the 719MB clip and it died right around 550MB the 3 times I've tried. It also takes several minutes to get that far, and Task Manager showed that it was downloading at around 16Mbps even though I have a 1Gbps connection.

Here's the important moment:

I don't see any obvious entires in the Event Viewer, but I think some useable info is probably in there if I knew exactly where to look.

We're all using 365 so that can't be the reason why some people can download the clip and others can't. I'm on Win10 build 2004 and am using an nVidia GPU, and maybe there will be some commonality with other people having/not having this issue.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Vitus SK [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm still on Win 10 1909, but do indeed have an nVidia GPU, which are known to cause some problems with Cyberlink like random BSODs, aren't they? But this would be a rather strange thing to be affected by GPU incompatibility...
But I have to say, it's relieving that at least someone can reproduce it and that it's not an individual problem of mine. Thank you all for trying.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Video drivers can cause BSODs, but the cause is usually identified fairly quickly and then patched.

Although it's possible for video driver problems to sometimes cause other issues in unexpected areas, I don't think that's the case here, and I just tried downloading the same clip with PD set to use Intel QuickSync on my desktop PC's integrated UHD Graphics 630 chip, and the download still failed at around 540MB.

I think this is something CL will need to look into, and I've just reported it on ticket #CS002185992.
[Post New]
Interesting...I can download it correctly.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 06. 2020 22:09

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
keithwjones [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2019 18:53 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
aerial-view-of-rivers-and-marshes

Downloaded OK for me.

Intel HD Graphics 4600

Keith

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 07. 2020 11:51

optodata
[Post New]
Thanks for confirming.

I heard back from tech support and they couldn't replicate the issue. Here's the gist of what they said:

The root cause of your condition is unknown. However, as the video materials are provided by the 3rd-party Shutterstock database and its server, the download availability could be closely related to the network connection status and the server status of Shutterstock than the client video editor side (PowerDirector).

Our engineering team is also verifying this case now by using different network connections to sort out if there are any unknown network connection and configuration impacts.

To ensure and sort out if there were any temporary network congestion, network connection impacts, or any unknown and temporary service unavailable on Shutterstock platform side, you are advised to switch the network connection to a different source if available (e.g. 4G mobile network connection sharing by hotspot, Public free WiFi, etc.), and try the download condition again.

If the condition persists, please provide the HTTP log from that captures the network traffic before and during the video download process until the download process hangs in PowerDirector for further investigation.

I just tried downloading the same clip 4 times on 2 different machines, and I got download speeds of over 250Mbps over Wi-Fi and over 600Mbps via ethernet (compared to the only 16Mbps when the problem occurred). The clip was successfully downloaded and imported each time, so maybe something happened with Shutterstock's server.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Hello,

There has been an update from CyberLink CS since the response was sent to Optodata:

"After our engineering team's further investigation, we found that there are certain bigger video clips that might require relatively longer download time in the program and the process might get timed out in PowerDirector if the file download did not accomplish within limited minutes.

This design aims to resolve any un-expected conditions that the download has actually got interrupted but the program does not end the process accordingly.

Our engineering team has prepared a hotfix to enhance and extend the download timeout of the Shutterstock materials download feature."

There is also a hotfix that is available. Please only apply it if you are currently facing this issue and after following the instructions below carefully:

1. Close PowerDirector if it launched.
2. Download and extract the attached zip file to get a new "MiscDialogs.dll" file.
3. Go to the PowerDirector's installation folder:
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector18
4. Rename the original "MiscDialogs.dll" to "MiscDialogs_.dll" at the above folder.
5. Copy the newly extracted "MiscDialogs.dll" to the PowerDirector program folder:
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector18
6. Launch PowerDirector to download the video materials from Shutterstock again.

Link to hotfix file: http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/cs/Temp/PDR365_VDE203019-0039_MiscDialogs/PDR365_VDE203019-0039_MiscDialogs.zip

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Vitus SK [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you so much! Yes my connection is indeed a bit slow, only 2.3MB/s download, and mobile data is even worse here.
The hotfix works perfectly, even with additional strain on the connection during a parallel download.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 09. 2020 11:57