Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have both Power Director 18 Ultimate and today I purchased Director Suite which has PD 20

I was using my Panasonic GH6 5.8K MOV files for several months with no problems in PD 18 but now they show black screen in the zoom and crop and the Software Crashes when trying to produce

Today I purchased Director Suite and tried the same file and the PD 20 did the same thing !

these camera files were working fine all this time until a few days ago. I have attached mediainfo. These are quicktime type files

same files are working in all my other software including Color Director 7 and the NEW Color Director too

also, most any other kind of file is working in both my Power Directors except for these MOV Camera files

this is very baffling and I hope someone has an idea on how to fix this as both Power Directors are giving me the same problems with these files

I think it is codec related; somehow the Power Directors are not able to recognized the codec correctly on this same computer

hope someone has a solution for this
see media info attached. The Camera files are mov and some form of quicktime

Quote I have re installed PD 18 with all the packs except wedding, which gave me error

same problems with my camera files, when I input them the thumnail will be black, when I add to timeline, I can see the video pic and play the file, that part is normal. If I go to crop and zoom the window is black and then the biggest problem is if I try to produce that file the software crashes and I have it press escape and see the option of waiting to respond or close so I close it

again the same file will play and produce in other softwares including Color Director 7

I have re installed PD 18 with all the packs except wedding, which gave me error

same problems with my camera files, when I input them the thumnail will be black, when I add to timeline, I can see the video pic and play the file, that part is normal. If I go to crop and zoom the window is black and then the biggest problem is if I try to produce that file the software crashes and I have it press escape and see the option of waiting to respond or close so I close it

again the same file will play and produce in other softwares including Color Director 7

the file is going to work on your PD 18. Not sure what it accomplishes for me to share a file and then you test it and works on your PD 18. Then what is the next step ?

I have a laptop with PD 18 that I never use and I already tried the file there and it works and I already have done over 100 of these files on my PD 18 and they were working until Monday of this week

the question is how to get my PD 18 to work right. My re install has been horrible as the software is not working at all and I need to install all the other packs but they are so slow to download

also see this error I get when trying to use the software after re installing. see the pic attached

Hi,

If you want to share a problem file then happy to test it on my copy of PDR18 18.0.3801.0.

Please reference this link about privacy when providing links to any cloud storage - https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/83642.page

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
the file is going to work on your PD 18. Not sure what it accomplishes for me to share a file and then you test it and works on your PD 18. Then what is the next step ?

I have a laptop with PD 18 that I never use and I already tried the file there and it works and I already have done over 100 of these files on my PD 18 and they were working until Monday of this week

the question is how to get my PD 18 to work right. My re install has been horrible as the software is not working at all and I need to install all the other packs but they are so slow to download

also see this error I get when trying to use the software after re installing. see the pic attached

Hi,

If you want to share a problem file then happy to test it on my copy of PDR18 18.0.3801.0.

Please reference this link about privacy when providing links to any cloud storage - https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/83642.page

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Keep in mind these same files work in all other software including my Color Director 7 so yes something has happened to my PD 18 for these high res files. Other lower resolution files are working in my PD 18

Also, other than the zoom crop window these high res files show the video in the timeline and the player in upper right

I already inputted the same file into other softwares to check and they all work as does other playback softwares like potplayer and MPC that can play the files with no problem

I also installed the windows HEVC extension which allows the Windows movies and tv software to play these videos but that did not help with the Power Director
screenshot of the type of file that is showing black screen in the zoom and crop

I have edited over 100 of these same clips and could see the video in the screen before but now it is black when you input it which is minor but a Big deal with you have it in the timeline and to go tools crop and zoom
here is the dxdiag text file.

I hope you can help me fix this asap as I have many files like this that I need to edit

Hi,

The installation of 3rd party codecs can be a source of trouble. I think it would be helpful for members to look at your DxDiag and see if if any DirectShow filters might be a cause?
Please follow this link to post the DxDiag as an attachment.
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/85748.page#post_box_354916

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
I use this all the time including with 5K files from my GH6 Camera and this morning I also installed the LAV splitter
see link below

Releases · Nevcairiel/LAVFilters · GitHub

now the files I put in PD 18 only play in the main player but will not show the video in the zoom and crop section which is critical in order to use that function

I also uninstalled the LAV splitter but still the same problem. I have used this feature with the same files all the time

can anyone let me know how to get the video to show in the zoom and crop section of PD 18 ?

FYI, the video screen is black in the speed window in the tools section as well so it looks like these mov files are suddenly not working in the tools section of PD 18.

When I enter these mov files into PD 18, it shows black thumbnail instead of the normal thumbnail, then if I add to timeline I can see the video and play it in the upper right main player but I can't do anything in the tools section

I hope someone can let me know how to fix this. I have used the tools section for zoom, crop, speed, etc on these Exact kinds of files so many times

I this somehow the h265 codec got replaced or something. I wonder if there is h265 codec that I can install for the PD 18. I know I had it before this morning for sure
thanks for the info

is CD 10 much better than other version like the 7 that I have ?
that is poor if they only offer as subscription. They are then collecting more money from everyone over time

is the CD 10 a much better product from people's experience so far ?

I would like to hear the feedback
is there option to purchase Color Director 10 stand alone ?

all I see on the website is the monthy pay plans
the CAM does not let me download anything. I get that same box that pops up saying now you can view all in the program, etc

I see the part you are talking about in the program but this is not a good way for them to do it

there needs to be an option to just download all in 1 click

Quote Hello again,

CyberLink Application Manager can still be used as previously to download Effects Packs.

The difference with having the preview/download facility within PhD is that you can:

1. try out the effect/LUT/template on your photos before downloading

2. download individual templates, rather than the whole pack

Here, I've selected one Travel Express template to download (not the whole pack)...

In CAM, you can only download the complete pack of templates (see attached screenshot).

Strange or not, you have a choice of how you go about it.

PIX
I see in Edit and Guided the red dots but it does not say download. It just shows the list and you can choose. I am assuming they are already there. It is a strange way to do it

Quote Hello detroit123,

I hadn't noticed it till you pointed it out, but you are absolutely correct!

In CyberLink Application Manager, when you go to install a pack this alert pops up:

Within PhotoDirector 365, in different modules, you'll notice little red dots beside various items. These indicate new or uninstalled effects that are available (just like in CAM).

For example, in the Edit Module "Add Express Template" has a red dot beside it. When you open "Add Express Template", you'll see a number of templates that can be installed (from within PhD).

PIX
I have installed Photo 365 on new computer and when I go to application manager I can see all these effects and it says install but when I click on that it keeps saying now you can install these directly from the program when you have the lastest version which I have but I don't see any place in the program to install all these packs. There are several of them

has anyone else seen this before ? Before you could click install in the Applic Manager and it would start but it keeps showing that same message
Is there any update from Cyberlink about supporting GH6 RAW files ?

Quote Hello detroit123,

You are correct to a point. My observation here is that the .RW2 files import successfully, but do not display correctly. Given that the Panasonic GH6 was only recently released (March 22), it's perhaps understandable that PhD hasn't been adapted/patched to correctly deal with these files.

I downloaded some sample files from the GH6 from Photography Blog & the RW2 displayed as shown below, in both PhD 365 & PhD 13:

I'm sure the team at CyberLink would be aware of this issue, but I'll alert them anyway.

PIX
my only concern is the memory presets in the Color Pre Sets and CLUTS, Downloaded Pre Sets section of Power Director

Color 7 has the export option but I don't see anything like that in Power Director for the pre sets CLUTS, etc
I hope someone can post how to save all the memories and pre sets so I can then import into new computer
I am getting a new Computer next week. I have purchased Photo 365 Power Director 18 and Color Director 7

I need to know how to save all my CLUT, LUT video memories in powerdirector 18 and also all my video memories in Color Director 7 and all my photo memories in Photo 365.

I want to be able to transfer all to the new computer
have others noticed this ?

the RAW pic files from GH6 will not import into photodirector 365
I have PD 18 and when I import the MOV files into PD 18, I hate the fact that is does its own conversion which does not look right and then I cannot use any other CLUTS, etc since that makes it worse

These are 4 2 0 MOV files. I noticed that Color Director 7 imports those files without changing anything but then that product does not have the zoom, crop, etc that PD 18 has

have others noticed the Power Director products doing this on HLG files ?

it basically means you cann use Power Director to import these since HLG requires the right kind of correcting to look right
I have PD 18 and I can import folder with tons of DNG files to add to timeline to convert to video

but there are so many when you add the folder along with the 10 or so that are already in the media conten

Can I import that dng folder right into the timeline so that I don't have to transfer them from media content to timeline ?

again there are so many dng files even for a 15 second video
Go to: