Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 18 Ultimate Video not showing in Zoom and Crop
detroit123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Dec 20, 2011 14:58 Messages: 194 Offline
[Post New]
I use this all the time including with 5K files from my GH6 Camera and this morning I also installed the LAV splitter
see link below

Releases · Nevcairiel/LAVFilters · GitHub

now the files I put in PD 18 only play in the main player but will not show the video in the zoom and crop section which is critical in order to use that function

I also uninstalled the LAV splitter but still the same problem. I have used this feature with the same files all the time

can anyone let me know how to get the video to show in the zoom and crop section of PD 18 ?

FYI, the video screen is black in the speed window in the tools section as well so it looks like these mov files are suddenly not working in the tools section of PD 18.

When I enter these mov files into PD 18, it shows black thumbnail instead of the normal thumbnail, then if I add to timeline I can see the video and play it in the upper right main player but I can't do anything in the tools section

I hope someone can let me know how to fix this. I have used the tools section for zoom, crop, speed, etc on these Exact kinds of files so many times

I this somehow the h265 codec got replaced or something. I wonder if there is h265 codec that I can install for the PD 18. I know I had it before this morning for sure

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 01. 2022 10:45

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I use this all the time including with 5K files from my GH6 Camera and this morning I also installed the LAV splitter
see link below

Releases · Nevcairiel/LAVFilters · GitHub

now the files I put in PD 18 only play in the main player but will not show the video in the zoom and crop section which is critical in order to use that function

I also uninstalled the LAV splitter but still the same problem. I have used this feature with the same files all the time

can anyone let me know how to get the video to show in the zoom and crop section of PD 18 ?

FYI, the video screen is black in the speed window in the tools section as well so it looks like these mov files are suddenly not working in the tools section of PD 18.

When I enter these mov files into PD 18, it shows black thumbnail instead of the normal thumbnail, then if I add to timeline I can see the video and play it in the upper right main player but I can't do anything in the tools section

I hope someone can let me know how to fix this. I have used the tools section for zoom, crop, speed, etc on these Exact kinds of files so many times

I this somehow the h265 codec got replaced or something. I wonder if there is h265 codec that I can install for the PD 18. I know I had it before this morning for sure

Hi,

The installation of 3rd party codecs can be a source of trouble. I think it would be helpful for members to look at your DxDiag and see if if any DirectShow filters might be a cause?
Please follow this link to post the DxDiag as an attachment.
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/85748.page#post_box_354916

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
detroit123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
here is the dxdiag text file.

I hope you can help me fix this asap as I have many files like this that I need to edit

Hi,

The installation of 3rd party codecs can be a source of trouble. I think it would be helpful for members to look at your DxDiag and see if if any DirectShow filters might be a cause?
Please follow this link to post the DxDiag as an attachment.
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/85748.page#post_box_354916

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
93 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
115 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 01. 2022 12:26

detroit123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
screenshot of the type of file that is showing black screen in the zoom and crop

I have edited over 100 of these same clips and could see the video in the screen before but now it is black when you input it which is minor but a Big deal with you have it in the timeline and to go tools crop and zoom
[Thumb - Screenshot (517)-1.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot (517)-1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
405 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote screenshot of the type of file that is showing black screen in the zoom and crop

I have edited over 100 of these same clips and could see the video in the screen before but now it is black when you input it which is minor but a Big deal with you have it in the timeline and to go tools crop and zoom

Hi,

OK , if you are certain that this issue arose straight after thge installation of the LAV splitter and that nothing else might have changed - video driver updates, win updates etc, other program installations etc. - then it reasonable to assume that the splitter might be the root cause.

Now you have uninstalled it, perhaps you could try uninstalling PDR18 and re-installing again and see if that resets the environment for PDR?

Your DxDiag does show a couple of PDR hangs but also several others - ShellViewReentered, Explorer.exe, Topaz Gigapixe AI.exe, DVDFab64.mhz ,Radar_Pre-Leak_64, mkvmerge and LiveKernelEvent - so it might be worth looking into those and checking out your system stability?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/using-system-file-checker-in-windows-365e0031-36b1-6031-f804-8fd86e0ef4ca

See if that helps?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
detroit123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Keep in mind these same files work in all other software including my Color Director 7 so yes something has happened to my PD 18 for these high res files. Other lower resolution files are working in my PD 18

Also, other than the zoom crop window these high res files show the video in the timeline and the player in upper right

I already inputted the same file into other softwares to check and they all work as does other playback softwares like potplayer and MPC that can play the files with no problem

I also installed the windows HEVC extension which allows the Windows movies and tv software to play these videos but that did not help with the Power Director

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 02. 2022 05:27

[Post New]
Quote Keep in mind these same files work in all other software including my Color Director 7 so yes something has happened to my PD 18 for these high res files. Other lower resolution files are working in my PD 18

Also, other than the zoom crop window these high res files show the video in the timeline and the player in upper right

I already inputted the same file into other softwares to check and they all work as does other playback softwares like potplayer and MPC that can play the files with no problem

I also installed the windows HEVC extension which allows the Windows movies and tv software to play these videos but that did not help with the Power Director

Hi,

If you want to share a problem file then happy to test it on my copy of PDR18 18.0.3801.0.

Please reference this link about privacy when providing links to any cloud storage - https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/83642.page

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

detroit123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
the file is going to work on your PD 18. Not sure what it accomplishes for me to share a file and then you test it and works on your PD 18. Then what is the next step ?

I have a laptop with PD 18 that I never use and I already tried the file there and it works and I already have done over 100 of these files on my PD 18 and they were working until Monday of this week

the question is how to get my PD 18 to work right. My re install has been horrible as the software is not working at all and I need to install all the other packs but they are so slow to download

also see this error I get when trying to use the software after re installing. see the pic attached

Hi,

If you want to share a problem file then happy to test it on my copy of PDR18 18.0.3801.0.

Please reference this link about privacy when providing links to any cloud storage - https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/83642.page

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
[Thumb - Screenshot (519).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (519).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
883 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 04. 2022 11:11

detroit123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have re installed PD 18 with all the packs except wedding, which gave me error

same problems with my camera files, when I input them the thumnail will be black, when I add to timeline, I can see the video pic and play the file, that part is normal. If I go to crop and zoom the window is black and then the biggest problem is if I try to produce that file the software crashes and I have it press escape and see the option of waiting to respond or close so I close it

again the same file will play and produce in other softwares including Color Director 7

the file is going to work on your PD 18. Not sure what it accomplishes for me to share a file and then you test it and works on your PD 18. Then what is the next step ?

I have a laptop with PD 18 that I never use and I already tried the file there and it works and I already have done over 100 of these files on my PD 18 and they were working until Monday of this week

the question is how to get my PD 18 to work right. My re install has been horrible as the software is not working at all and I need to install all the other packs but they are so slow to download

also see this error I get when trying to use the software after re installing. see the pic attached

Hi,

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 04. 2022 12:09

detroit123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
see media info attached. The Camera files are mov and some form of quicktime

Quote I have re installed PD 18 with all the packs except wedding, which gave me error

same problems with my camera files, when I input them the thumnail will be black, when I add to timeline, I can see the video pic and play the file, that part is normal. If I go to crop and zoom the window is black and then the biggest problem is if I try to produce that file the software crashes and I have it press escape and see the option of waiting to respond or close so I close it

again the same file will play and produce in other softwares including Color Director 7

Filename
media info.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
7 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
116 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 04. 2022 11:12