Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Black Screen on Zoom Crop and Crashing During Produce
detroit123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Dec 20, 2011 14:58 Messages: 194 Offline
[Post New]
I have both Power Director 18 Ultimate and today I purchased Director Suite which has PD 20

I was using my Panasonic GH6 5.8K MOV files for several months with no problems in PD 18 but now they show black screen in the zoom and crop and the Software Crashes when trying to produce

Today I purchased Director Suite and tried the same file and the PD 20 did the same thing !

these camera files were working fine all this time until a few days ago. I have attached mediainfo. These are quicktime type files

same files are working in all my other software including Color Director 7 and the NEW Color Director too

also, most any other kind of file is working in both my Power Directors except for these MOV Camera files

this is very baffling and I hope someone has an idea on how to fix this as both Power Directors are giving me the same problems with these files

I think it is codec related; somehow the Power Directors are not able to recognized the codec correctly on this same computer

hope someone has a solution for this
 Filename
media info.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
7 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
100 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 04. 2022 15:57

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have both Power Director 18 Ultimate and today I purchased Director Suite which has PD 20

I was using my Panasonic GH6 5.8K MOV files for several months with no problems in PD 18 but now they show black screen in the zoom and crop and the Software Crashes when trying to produce

Today I purchased Director Suite and tried the same file and the PD 20 did the same thing !

these camera files were working fine all this time until a few days ago. I have attached mediainfo. These are quicktime type files

same files are working in all my other software including Color Director 7 and the NEW Color Director too

also, most any other kind of file is working in both my Power Directors except for these MOV Camera files

this is very baffling and I hope someone has an idea on how to fix this as both Power Directors are giving me the same problems with these files

I think it is codec related; somehow the Power Directors are not able to recognized the codec correctly on this same computer

hope someone has a solution for this

Hi,

Just to clarify - have you raised a support ticket with CL and have they come back with anything? If you haven't then I recommend you do so because the issue seems to be restricted to PDR on your system so it will be difficult for members to test anything, only offer "best guess" suggestions.

The Server Busy error message you mentioned in your previous post (https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97392.page#post_box_391798)

is generally a Windows system error message. If you google it you will find a number of possible causes and solutions that might shed some light?

It may be (it certainly was in the past) that PDR uses different player configurations in differing functions - and that can be why something works in the media library player but not in the timeline player for example, but what the current position is I'm not sure.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
detroit123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
yes I have contacted Cyberlink Multiple times to tell them about this

it is very odd that the Color Directors are handling the files easy but the PD versions are not

I really need to get this fixed asap

Hi,

Just to clarify - have you raised a support ticket with CL and have they come back with anything? If you haven't then I recommend you do so because the issue seems to be restricted to PDR on your system so it will be difficult for members to test anything, only offer "best guess" suggestions.

The Server Busy error message you mentioned in your previous post (https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97392.page#post_box_391798)

is generally a Windows system error message. If you google it you will find a number of possible causes and solutions that might shed some light?

It may be (it certainly was in the past) that PDR uses different player configurations in differing functions - and that can be why something works in the media library player but not in the timeline player for example, but what the current position is I'm not sure.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 05. 2022 05:28

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
yes I have contacted Cyberlink Multiple times to tell them about this

Have they made any suggestions and have you got support tickets references, please?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
detroit123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
They claim they are still looking into it but I have been complaining since Monday and they do not have any solution

I already uninstalled my PD 18 and re installed, then I also purchased Director Suite and installed the new PD

I told them this info along with the fact that both my Color Director's can handle the files

there is nothing wrong with my graphics card either as all other Software is working on my Computer

I have sent them screen shots and also video recording of the software crashing when trying to produce as well as the black screen during crop and zoom

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 05. 2022 20:56