Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Installing Packs for Photo 365 on new Computer
detroit123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Dec 20, 2011 14:58 Messages: 194 Offline
[Post New]
I have installed Photo 365 on new computer and when I go to application manager I can see all these effects and it says install but when I click on that it keeps saying now you can install these directly from the program when you have the lastest version which I have but I don't see any place in the program to install all these packs. There are several of them

has anyone else seen this before ? Before you could click install in the Applic Manager and it would start but it keeps showing that same message
[Post New]
Hello detroit123,

I hadn't noticed it till you pointed it out, but you are absolutely correct!

In CyberLink Application Manager, when you go to install a pack this alert pops up:

Within PhotoDirector 365, in different modules, you'll notice little red dots beside various items. These indicate new or uninstalled effects that are available (just like in CAM).

For example, in the Edit Module "Add Express Template" has a red dot beside it. When you open "Add Express Template", you'll see a number of templates that can be installed (from within PhD).

PIX PIX YouTube channel
detroit123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I see in Edit and Guided the red dots but it does not say download. It just shows the list and you can choose. I am assuming they are already there. It is a strange way to do it

Quote Hello detroit123,

I hadn't noticed it till you pointed it out, but you are absolutely correct!

In CyberLink Application Manager, when you go to install a pack this alert pops up:

Within PhotoDirector 365, in different modules, you'll notice little red dots beside various items. These indicate new or uninstalled effects that are available (just like in CAM).

For example, in the Edit Module "Add Express Template" has a red dot beside it. When you open "Add Express Template", you'll see a number of templates that can be installed (from within PhD).

PIX
[Post New]
Hello again,

Edit: Apologies to members. The statements coloured red below are false.

CyberLink Application Manager can still be used as previously to download Effects Packs.

The difference with having the preview/download facility within PhD is that you can:

1. try out the effect/LUT/template on your photos before downloading

2. download individual templates, rather than the whole pack

Here, I've selected one Travel Express template to download (not the whole pack)...

In CAM, you can only download the complete pack of templates (see attached screenshot).

Strange or not, you have a choice of how you go about it.

PIX
[Thumb - CAM_Download Pack.jpg]
 Filename
CAM_Download Pack.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
875 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 29. 2022 16:14

PIX YouTube channel
detroit123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
the CAM does not let me download anything. I get that same box that pops up saying now you can view all in the program, etc

I see the part you are talking about in the program but this is not a good way for them to do it

there needs to be an option to just download all in 1 click

Quote Hello again,

CyberLink Application Manager can still be used as previously to download Effects Packs.

The difference with having the preview/download facility within PhD is that you can:

1. try out the effect/LUT/template on your photos before downloading

2. download individual templates, rather than the whole pack

Here, I've selected one Travel Express template to download (not the whole pack)...

In CAM, you can only download the complete pack of templates (see attached screenshot).

Strange or not, you have a choice of how you go about it.

PIX
[Post New]
Hello again,

the CAM does not let me download anything.

embarassed I have to offer you a sincere apology. You are right & I did not check before my last reply.

Effect packs can no longer be downloaded using CyberLink Application Manager surprised so my statement about having a choice is completely wrong. Again, I apologise.

I'll contact the team at CL to determine whether this change was intended & whether CAM can be restored to its former function.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Hello detroit123 & other members,

I've been advised by my CL contact that the Effect Pack download flow was changed after complaints from users that they weren't able to see the actual content before downloading via CAM. So it was a direct response to user feedback.

Again, I'm sorry I wasn't aware of this previously to respond to your concern accurately.

PIX PIX YouTube channel