Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Could this issue I'm having be related to the fact that I have been trying to produce a video that had been created in PD9 and am now trying to have it produced in PD10 ?

I'm also thinking of re-installing PD10.
Part E attached.

I also freed up 40 GB of drive space.
I now have burned the test video to a folder...to post the results, what is meant by 'results' ?

Here's what I can tell you:

66.1 MB Folder
Has Audio_TS & Video_TS Subcategories
Audio_TS Folder is empty.
Video_TS Folder has a Video_TS.VOB , .BUP, & .IFO Extensions as separate files.

I am trying part H but cannot seem to find the "create to folder" option anywhere. I am on the Create Disk screen and I see content, menu preferences, 2D Disc, and 3D Disc. Under the 2D Disc tab I have it selected to DVD Video, but I do not see where to accept all default settings. On the right-hand side all I can see are the options to Preview or Burn in 2D.

Also I am using the latest version of PowerDirector 10 Ultra 64 bit.
These are the two DxDiag.txt files as mentioned in Part B.
So I have yet to successfully produce a video with the newest version of PowerDirector, despite multiple attempts over the previous weeks. Initially I figured it might be related to the fact that I was trying to produce my video in 3D; however I have also tried producing it in standard 2D and every time I have tried (about 3 times) the production process stops at 4 %. I would start producing before I go to sleep for the night, and then when I would wake up 8 hours later or so I noticed that the progression hadn't changed once it hit 4 %. This has been the same situation for the 3 attempts I have made with just 2D. I never had this issue with PD9.

I'm aware that for you guys to help me you need a diagnostic file of sorts from me. Can any of you provide me with the steps on how to obtain this diagnostic file so I can post it to this thread ?

Thank You
The video entirely contains footage converted from 2D to 3D.

I seem to have forgotten how to provide a diagnostic file. Could you tell me how to do so ?

Thanks
Anyone ?
I have a 3D video that I am trying to produce, but the 2 times that I have tried I have gotten an error message that pops up about mid-way through the production process. The last time I tried I got a message stating that PowerDirector 10 cannot execute its function (or something in words similar to this). With PD10 I have not yet tried producing a video in standard 2D.

Also, the format I designate for the 3D video has been either .MOV or .MPEG-4 so far, both of which have failed. However I do not think that these formats have anything to do with this complication.

Any recommendations for a remedy to this ?
i bought a copy of Friday the 13th which came with a pair of 3D glasses. Anyhow I'm almost done touching up a video of mine & re-releasing it in 3D. I can post a link to it on here if you'd like when I have it up on youtube.
Yeah i just figured this out before reading your post actually. The default value in the middle is 128, so you're saying I should move it either <128 or >128 ? So maybe a safe try would be at the 200 mark ?
I'm still looking for the generic or universal 3D anaglyph glasses, which I am going to visit a few retailers for today to see if I can get a pair.

Also, I have been trying to produce one of my videos with the added 3D effect, but when I go to the produce section and click on the 3D tab, it tells me that there is no 3D content on my timeline and therefore nothing in 3D will be outputted. However, on the timeline I choose the 3D option and select "Anaglyph Red/Blue" option, which I presumed would be all that is needed to convert the video to 3D.

Clearly, I am missing something to get this done correctly. Is there a specific option that I would need to utilize to convert my 2D video to 3D ? Again, this is just for the generic 3D, which is the Anaglyph.
where would I be able to get anaglyph glasses besides online ? I am converting a video of mine into anaglyph 3D & would need the glasses. Are there any retailers like Best Buy or something that sell anaglyph glasses ? From what I understand they are very cheap, no more than $ 5 on average.
PowerDirector 10 claims to have the ability to convert 2D videos to 3D, which is something I would consider for future videos, as I do not yet own a 3D camcorder. My question is, if I go about doing this I presume that I would need 3D glasses ? And if that be, are there generic 3D glasses that retailers or online-retailers sell

I have before tried a 3D video on youtube without glasses, as the caption mentioned is possible if looking in a certain optical orientation - but that was unsuitable for me and uncomfortable.

I would also like to convert an existing video of mine to 3D - again, this would fall under the effort of 2D to 3D conversion.

Thoughts
Greetings,

I am just wondering as to the highest quality production methodology for outputting a video that is to be uploaded on to youtube and other related video sharing websites. As is known there are a number of differing video formats to choose from under the "Produce" tab (.AVI, .mpeg-1, .mpeg-2, .mpeg-4, .H264AVC, .wmv, .mov). Typically however, I choose to upload the video directly to youtube under the designated option, where I set it to Full HD Quality @ 1920x1080.

While the quality isn't bad when uploaded on youtube, I am sure of there being more room for audio/video quality augmentation.

So, am I better off uploading through the referenced video file formats (.avi, .mov, etc.), whereby I would upload the video directly to my hard drive first, and then upload to youtube ? Or is it fine with the method I have been using all along, which is uploading it directly to youtube in 1920x1080 Full HD quality from Cyberlink PD9 ?

How about some additional effects, such as Motion Blur (not the same thing as delay) and improvements on the already existing effects, such as better realism with the fluidity dynamics of water flow related effects.

Also, the added ability to have more of the same effects simultaneously as opposed to the current limit of 2 (i.e. 3 panes of the same glass format effect layered).

Also the obvious stability improvements needed, especially with scene transitions as for me they often lag after going through production & placed on a public viewing site.
Greetings,

So I have had PD9 since it came out in December, and of course I really enjoy it and have utilized virtually all of the default effects provided with the program. However, I want to get more effects of high quality (which I understand DirectorZone is meant for) but I haven't found an effect that really compares in quality to what's already provided by default. For example: If I were looking for an effect somewhat similar to the "Delay" or "Mirror" effects, what category what I look under in DirectorZone ? I see that there are particle effects, titles, objects, motion objects, frames, and DVD Menus, but I find that for the ones I have checked out, they all seem to be 'less versatile' in usage, and many of them have a picture in the background (say a picture of times square with repetitive/looped lighting movements).

So, if you guys can understand the basis of what I'm asking, then what category would I be best off choosing if I were to desire an effect that is as fully versatile and dynamic as effects such as bloom, delay, color edge, etc. ? Of course, this is a broad topic because there is a large diversity of different effects. But I hope you get the jist of my inquiry.

Thanks
Here's a video I strung together a few months ago, it has done pretty well in the quantity of views by my standards so far. I did not actually capture any of the clips myself, as I do not yet own a camcorder or a camera with 720 or 1080p video yet. But I plan to transition to my own video captures for future movie concepts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbGXmArAMNg
Thanks for the info. Also, I am trying to determine which version/build of PD9 I currently have. How could I find that info ? I looked under preferences and a bunch of other menu options, but didn't find it. I'm wondering because I just found out a newer build was released on March 8, build 2702 I think. I want to see if I already have this latest version so I can know whether or not to update the program.
Garioch,

How would I go about disabling the shadow files ?

My computer is quite clean and in fit shape for the program...It's very understandable that a large video project would hiccup despite the power of the CPU.
Go to: