Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Videos Fail to Get Produced at 4 %
[Post New]
So I have yet to successfully produce a video with the newest version of PowerDirector, despite multiple attempts over the previous weeks. Initially I figured it might be related to the fact that I was trying to produce my video in 3D; however I have also tried producing it in standard 2D and every time I have tried (about 3 times) the production process stops at 4 %. I would start producing before I go to sleep for the night, and then when I would wake up 8 hours later or so I noticed that the progression hadn't changed once it hit 4 %. This has been the same situation for the 3 attempts I have made with just 2D. I never had this issue with PD9.

I'm aware that for you guys to help me you need a diagnostic file of sorts from me. Can any of you provide me with the steps on how to obtain this diagnostic file so I can post it to this thread ?

Thank You
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Instructions how to produce a Dxdiag.txt file is Part B.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

Please include Part A also. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
These are the two DxDiag.txt files as mentioned in Part B.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
38 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
245 time(s)
 Filename
64Andrew90DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
275 time(s)
[Post New]
Also I am using the latest version of PowerDirector 10 Ultra 64 bit.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andrew,
Please can you carry out a test?
Look up the same link Carl directed you to:http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
and now follow Part H.

Please report back.

Drive: C:
Free Space: 49.5 GB
Total Space: 430.6 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: ST9500325AS

In my opinion you have insufficient "working space" in your C drive. 100gb is what I aim for.

Thanks

Dafydd
[Post New]
I am trying part H but cannot seem to find the "create to folder" option anywhere. I am on the Create Disk screen and I see content, menu preferences, 2D Disc, and 3D Disc. Under the 2D Disc tab I have it selected to DVD Video, but I do not see where to accept all default settings. On the right-hand side all I can see are the options to Preview or Burn in 2D.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Select Burn in 2D and then make the choice to "create to folder"
[Post New]
I now have burned the test video to a folder...to post the results, what is meant by 'results' ?

Here's what I can tell you:

66.1 MB Folder
Has Audio_TS & Video_TS Subcategories
Audio_TS Folder is empty.
Video_TS Folder has a Video_TS.VOB , .BUP, & .IFO Extensions as separate files.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,
Can you try and burn to disc as well please?

What you are doing is helping to isolate section of your system and eliminating others. So far the write process to a folder has been tested and works. Repeat and burn to disc will isolate the burn process for those file types.

The next stage will be to see if your burn issue is being caused by a corrupt video file within your project, isolating and identifying it.

Please attach screenshot of your project and free up space on your C drive.
Guides: PART E & F and you already have the link.

[Post New]
Part E attached.

I also freed up 40 GB of drive space.
[Thumb - PartE.jpg]
 Filename
PartE.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
215 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
129 time(s)
[Post New]
Could this issue I'm having be related to the fact that I have been trying to produce a video that had been created in PD9 and am now trying to have it produced in PD10 ?

I'm also thinking of re-installing PD10.