Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD10 Crashes While Producing
[Post New]
I have a 3D video that I am trying to produce, but the 2 times that I have tried I have gotten an error message that pops up about mid-way through the production process. The last time I tried I got a message stating that PowerDirector 10 cannot execute its function (or something in words similar to this). With PD10 I have not yet tried producing a video in standard 2D.

Also, the format I designate for the 3D video has been either .MOV or .MPEG-4 so far, both of which have failed. However I do not think that these formats have anything to do with this complication.

Any recommendations for a remedy to this ?
[Post New]
Anyone ?
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Andrew,

I'm just going in here because I see your post has been hanging for a while.

Why don't you try the 2D production, .MOV and .MPEG4 and see what
happens. These are QT, and given some people having had severe problems
in PD9 with these formats, your post caught my eye.
When it comes to the real 3D editing and production, I will not be one who
goes in to that for at least 5 years from now (as I would have to spend a lot
of money buying all kinds of stuff and wondering what I would gain) -
but from what I have read so far, I understand that 60fps is the way to go.
I have never even tried to produce these formats you want in 60fps.

I havn't seen the dxdiag of your computer. If somebody else has, they might
tell you more- both regarding the formats, and if your computer has the power.

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andrew,

Please give more detail of the content in the tracks. A screenshot would be of great help. Please state the source of the 3D footage, is it a converted 2D to 3D or is it full 3D. Which and what is important to know. I would like to examine the screenshot, I'd be looking for a possible error in content or lack of 3D in a track.

I'm sure you have already given a diagnostic - please can you provide it again.

Note: The mp4 and mts format is what the 3D camera I have produces as an output file format.

Thanks

Dafydd
[Post New]
The video entirely contains footage converted from 2D to 3D.

I seem to have forgotten how to provide a diagnostic file. Could you tell me how to do so ?

Thanks