Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Here is a zip file with the 32 & 64 bit dxdiag .txt files.
Well, I have by now tried producing again twice, both to which stalled at 76 %. The first attempt was another MPEG-4, with a cross transition eliminated at the 2:54 mark on the timeline (see previous post). The most recent try was a .MOV with no hardware encoding or SVRT, and it still stops at 76 %. At this point I am thinking of just reinstalling PD10 as I have been telling a bunch of people about this new video I have made, but of course I can't get the darn thing produced.

Any more advice is appreciated.
Thanks for the tips. I did the calculation (232.2 seconds X .76) which is at about 2:54 on the timeline. I had a cross transition in that time slot, so I just got rid of it.

I will try this again now with both of your advice.

I'm rendering. I turned off hardware encoding, so I'll see if that helps.
I upload my videos to youtube in the way that Bubba mentioned. It is usually less problematic uploading directly from within youtube.
Let me also note that my laptop if more than capable of handling this program, as I have been using it since PD8 on this machine. I have produced a number of videos successfully since I began using PowerDirector. If this were not so, I would have stopped using this program a long time ago.
Maybe some of you have had an issue like this before and can provide some useful feedback. I have been working on the same video for about 2 weeks now, and have started producing it to see how it looks as a final product, in mpeg-4. The first time I produced the video, there were no problems encountered and it rendered the video in a relatively fast manner. However, over the past few days I have tried producing it again and each time i have tried doing this it progresses smoothly until it hits 76 %, where it comes to a halt. The last 3 times that I have tried producing my video the same problem has been occurring. All I did between the first time it was produced (successfully) and the other times was add/edit some clips; Doing what anyone who uses PD10 does. Therefore, I am unsure of why this is.

This same kind of issue has happened before with PD10 a few months back, and the only way I was able to resolve it was by re-installing the program. Re-installing usually fixes the problem that forces me to uninstall in the first place, but really only temporarily. There is always something wrong that pops up before not long.

I would like to know if any of you have some suggestions that might get my producing to entirely work as it should. Also, I am not willing to submit a ticket to customer support because I have found them unhelpful....they advise me to try things I have already done.

I am going to try producing it in a different format, such as .mpeg-2 or .wmv. However, the last time this issue occurred I remember that switching video formats didn't solve the issue.
I recently sent a ticket for an issue, and they suggested that I update to the latest build 1424c, even though I mentioned that already in my submission....
It adds some functionality, but doesn't indicate that it solves any existing problems.

(Sigh)
I already checked and do have the latest version of DirectX. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I've decided to contact technical support and just wrote to them a well-written message about my issue. I will provide an update to this thread if the problem gets resolved.
The Cyberlink team has done a really poor job at servicing the most common issues that us users have been dealing with for some time. It seems as if they don't read these forums to get feedback from their users. Either that, or they just don't have enough care to put out any statements about upcoming patches to get some of this crap solved.

Thanks for doing nothing Cyberlink !
Having the same issue. Tried what was advised in this thread, but didn't fix it. I guess a re-install will have to happen.
Hey all,

I've started to use PD10 again as I am in the works of creating a video. When I first began the project and had relatively little data to work with, I didn't have a single issue. Now, I am less than 1.5 minutes into making this video and I am already dealing with a host of issues that are very arbitrary & frustrating.

First, I am STILL finding that whenever I try having two video clips placed at the same times on the timeline, only 1 of the clips actually plays. As an example, I have a clip of a Tornado and a clip of a ravaged town both set to play from 0:50 to 1:00 on the timeline. After adjusting the opacity of the clips properly so that both can be seen, only the Tornado clip displays. The other one goes completely dark. I'm relatively knowledgeable with this program as I've been using PowerDirector for well over a year.

The other problem I can't seem to resolve is with effects not showing up at all on a video clip after assigning them to that clip. Earlier during my work on this video I did not have this issue. Now, when I go back to a clip, it is as if it had not yet been altered in any way. Strangely, I can go back into the effects panel for that clip and they are all still checked and 'active'. Meanwhile, some other clips work fine with the effects applied as usual.

These complications are incredibly frustrating to me....I have not been able to fix the first issue with the 2 coinciding clips, or PiP, since installing Version 10 when it came out months ago. I have the latest updates, and have uninstalled/reinstalled PD10 3 times already, to no avail.

A final thing to note is that whenever I choose PD10 to launch it, a message always appears stating that RichVideo is not installed. After clicking OK (to install it), PowerDirector then opens as usual. How could I actually fix this ?
I thought I fixed the problem, but it only improves if I start an entirely new project from scratch.

I am going to contact cyberlink support about this, but I have a feeling there isn't much they can do that a reinstall can't for solving this technical issue.
Unfortunately the same issue has been reoccurring. I still cannot see both video clips if they are set to 50 % opacity each at the same mark on the timeline.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled PD10 3 times now and still no progress. I am really perplexed here.

Any other help is appreciated.
I am happy to report that I am no longer receiving any issues with opacity. Another full uninstall/reinstall seemed to fix it this time around. However, I am using the base version of PD10, and haven't yet updated it to the latest build. I'm pretty confident that I won't get any more problems from updating. But, I will update this thread if anything else occurs.

Thanks for all the advice !
Thanks for the advice. I will let you know if the problem is gone once I do a full uninstall/reinstall.
I have uninstalled/reinstalled PD10 once so far, and while it did fix a few things it didn't fix others. Is there a recommended way to clean uninstall/reinstall ? I feel like there must be registry errors with the program or something.
Incredibly frustrating. Still can't get the opacity issue fixed. I notice, however, that when I have either of the 2 clips (which play simultaneously) selected in the modify menu, under the add/edit pip motion tab (2nd tab), and I try playing the scene through this window, the opacities that I have set for both clips work fine, and I actually see the 2 clips playing together at varying opacities.

But, when I am on the timeline trying to edit, 1 of the clips is never shown at all, while the other clip is shown only.

I'm surprised nobody else who had read this thread has come across this problem in PD10. This never happened to me in PD9.

I honestly am very disappointed with PD10. Too many broken features/bugs that really reduce the enjoyment of using the program.
Hey All,

With this latest version of PowerDirector I have been dealing with complications relating to opacity, whereas when I am having multiple clips playing at the same time to have 2 scenes being shown simultaneously in a project, only 1 of the clips gets shown while the other is not being shown at all, ignoring the keyframes I have setup for varying levels of opacity at differing times within the designated timeslot for both clips.

In PD9 I remember learning how to achieve this effect and was able to utilize it to my satisfaction, by manipulation of the opacity for each of the clips playing at the same time. Oddly, in PD10 with the same projects that I worked on in PD9, the films have remained exactly the same but the opacity problem has arisen.

To verify that I am doing this correctly, I will very briefly provide an example of 2 clips I am dealing with which coincide at the same time on the project timeline. Both clips start at the same time and end at the same time, and I have the 2nd clip placed on the track right below it, which is track 2. The clip on the 1st track has an opacity of 100 for the entire duration of its playthrough, while the clip on track 2 has an opacity which starts at 0, progressively rises to 50 at the middle mark, and progressively drops back to 0 at the end mark.

Any tips on this would be great.
Could this issue I'm having be related to the fact that I have been trying to produce a video that had been created in PD9 and am now trying to have it produced in PD10 ?

I'm also thinking of re-installing PD10.
Go to: