Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Question on the Classification of PD9's Effects for DirectorZone Reference
[Post New]
Greetings,

So I have had PD9 since it came out in December, and of course I really enjoy it and have utilized virtually all of the default effects provided with the program. However, I want to get more effects of high quality (which I understand DirectorZone is meant for) but I haven't found an effect that really compares in quality to what's already provided by default. For example: If I were looking for an effect somewhat similar to the "Delay" or "Mirror" effects, what category what I look under in DirectorZone ? I see that there are particle effects, titles, objects, motion objects, frames, and DVD Menus, but I find that for the ones I have checked out, they all seem to be 'less versatile' in usage, and many of them have a picture in the background (say a picture of times square with repetitive/looped lighting movements).

So, if you guys can understand the basis of what I'm asking, then what category would I be best off choosing if I were to desire an effect that is as fully versatile and dynamic as effects such as bloom, delay, color edge, etc. ? Of course, this is a broad topic because there is a large diversity of different effects. But I hope you get the jist of my inquiry.

Thanks
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andrew -

What you've found on DirectorZone is exactly what is there. The word "Effects" is used on DZ to refer to all those menus, objects, particles and things. They're "add-ons" that don't actually alter the video clip.

In PowerDirector, the word "Effects" is used to describe different treatments that can be applied to a video clip to modify the way it's displayed.

So - your question stems from the use of the word "effects" to mean two different things.

DirectorZone has no facility to post "effects" such as the ones you mentioned in PD.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ClancM
Senior Member Location: New York Joined: May 26, 2011 22:19 Messages: 175 Offline
[Post New]
Tony,
A quick question (unrelated to this topic). What are those green marks in the corners of your effects?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Clancy -

The green icons indicate that the effect supports "Nvidia CUDA Acceleration Technology"... i.e. they probably only appear if you have an appropriate Nvidia GPU.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Mine are red?

[Thumb - Ati effects.PNG]
 Filename
Ati effects.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
364 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
127 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jul 29. 2011 17:45

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Red > ATI
Green > Nvidia

Company colors.

Jeff
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Yellow = best (or worst?) of both worlds. Anyone? Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Dumb I know, was just stating.

I'd vote for putting the effort to fix the bugs, I don't care about redoing the icons, menus, colors, every release.

Jeff