Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
It turns out that if you already have PD10, then you can also upgrade to the Ultimate version (not just the Ultra) for a much reduced price of $ 79.99 vs the $ 129.99 standalone cost of PD11 Ultimate.

I think I will settle for the Ultimate version.
Hey folks, I've been trying out the new PD11 for the past month with the trial version, and I am now trying to decide on whether to go with the Ultra version (only $ 56.99 due to PD10 Ultra to PD11 Ultra upgrade offer) or the Ultimate version, which I believe can only be purchased for $ 129.99. If anyone knows whether there is an alternative way to get PD11 Ultimate for cheaper, such as via a PD10 upgrade (like the offer for the ultra version), I'd appreciate it if I could be notified of such a deal.

The main reason I would prefer to choose the Ultimate version is because it features 22 additional bonus NewBlueFX Effects. With me, the effects are where most of the excitement is at when at the controls of this program. To help me with this choosing process, would anyone know of a webpage or document that specifies what the 22 bonus effects are ?

The Ultra version has a much greater bang-for-your buck value to it for me, but I am curious as to your opinions on the matter so as to ease my decision making here.

I'm genuinely taken aback by the fact that PD11 was released with this driver issue clearly in the know by the developers. I would think that they would at the very least issue some sort of statement regarding this rendering complication for users of Nvidia cards with the latest 300 series drivers.

And though they obviously are not Nvidia, they should have provided an official URL redirecting Nvidia users to the most recent, stable drivers (301.42).

Instead, they had to leave it up to us to troubleshoot our way to the best working nvidia drivers for PD11.
Depends on what you're willing to spend, but a GTX 560 or GTX 650 would be a wise choice.
Like you, I have an Nvidia card (GTX 560 Ti), and have been unable to use PD11 yet because of this rendering issue. I currently am using the latest Geforce drivers, 306.23, which I know is the source of this PD11-specific problem. Thing is, I also like to game a lot, and I'm never too willing to rollback drivers & sacrifice game performance for a single issue such as this, which I assume to be fixed rather soon.

Thanks for mentioning that the 301.42 driver seems to not cause this rendering issue; I will maybe roll back to those drivers, which aren't too old anyhow, and see if my problem is resolved.
haha, my apologies. Thanks for the help. I'll report back once I use an older driver.
After reading another thread, it seems that the 300.XXX series of nvidia drivers are causing rendering complications for users. It might not be a bad idea for me to roll back to a 200.XXX level geforce driver.
Well, after analyzing this render feature some more, it seems that it perhaps is a new feature of PD11. The benefit of it is that once the entire video clip gets rendered, the clip will no longer freeze when you preview it anytime after. This is marked by the green line that is located directly above the video clip on the timeline. As the rendering proceeds, the green line extends to match the length of the video that has been rendered so far.

I am using an Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti, with the latest drivers installed (306.23). I also have a core i5 processor with 8 gigs of RAM.
Hey guys,

I got myself a trial copy of PD11 Ultimate, and I am currently experiencing a slow-down for reasons I can't get at. Whenever I have a video positioned on the timeline, and I preview it, every 3 seconds the preview stops and a loading bar pops up beneath the preview window that says "Rendering". It does this until it reaches 100 %, then the video continues playing, and then it stops another 3 seconds later to re-render the video that I am working on. I never had this rendering slow-down with the other versions of PowerDirector that I have used (using since PD.

At the rate of pausing that I am experiencing, it is simply too frustrating and time-consuming to work with the program. Is there a feature that I may have enabled that could be causing this?

*Also to note, I have tried previewing in all modes of quality, from low to full HD;makes no difference.

I know that PD11 is incredibly new, but if any of you could provide any tips for me on this I would really appreciate it.
Greetings,

I have a Dell Inspiron 620 desktop PC that is overall pretty fast (i5 2310-2.9 ghz, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB 7200 RPM) but it has an awful video card installed by default, a Radeon 6450. Within a week or two I plan to upgrade to a Radeon 7750 which is within a budget price range of around $ 110 and is very efficient in power consumption. My Dell has a crappy 300 Watt PSU, but I am not willing to spend more $ to swap PSU's, so that is why I am choosing the 7750 as it doesn't draw more than 50 Watts under extensive load (video editing, gaming, etc.).

Do you guys think this card will fare well for editing with PD10 ?

Here is a link to the card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102969
I just ran 2 test produces which both froze but at slightly later percentages on the timeline. After making a "test copy" of my project file, I modified the project by eliminating the clip that was on the 2nd timeline (beneath the clip playing on the 1st timeline). The clip on the 2nd timeline was about 15 seconds in length, while the clips above it are segmented into chunks but are nonetheless operationally connected.

Anyhow, I took away the 2nd clip, which was playing alongside the 1st clip (both playing at the same time at this part of project) and tried to produce. Interestingly, this time the produce froze at 38 %, which is situated at the beginning of a new clip slightly further down the timeline. When looking at the clip at the 38 % mark, I noticed it had an effect that was varying throughout the clip through keyframes. So, I chose to disable the effect (delay effect) for this clip and retried the producing.

My latest produce froze at 40 %, which is during that same clip at the 38 % mark but coincides with another clip starting to play simultaneously beneath it on the timeline.

This is indeed a pretty complicated undertaking. I will continue with testing tomorrow and will keep this thread alive.
Hmm interesting information in your reply. In this particular case it is no doubt more complex to isolate the variable(s) which are active at the 35 % mark on my timeline. I have 2 clips playing simultaneously with opacities that vary as both clips go on until they finish.

I guess a logical first step to isolate my issue would be to either cut the entire project timeline in half, and then try producing to see what results. Another option would be to eliminate 1 of the clips that is playing at the 35 % mark, so that I could determine whether one of them is the culprit.

I have a few ideas in mind, and it might take a little time, but I have confidence that I will be able to resolve this problem through a sufficient amount of produces that each have something altered from the original project in its entirety.

I'll certainly keep this thread updated.
Just read through that earlier thread...everything discussed in it I have now learnt and have taken those tips into consideration. So this thread is basically a sequel thread bearing the same core issue.

I have more than 100 GB in free space on my C: Drive, where all PD10 files are located.
I've spearheaded a few threads over the past few weeks about this general issue in PD10 I've been having to deal with, whereby when the video is producing (tried all formats w/same result) it always freezes at 35 % and does not continue to produce. I made a thread some 3 weeks back pertaining to this same topic, except that the video I posted about then was frozen producing at a different %. It was also a different video which I was able to fix by eliminating a transition effect at the mark on the timeline where the producing process would always come to a halt.

After working extensively with customer support to try at solving this problem, I still have yet to get this video of mine successfully produced. I am trying to think of any other things to try that may fix my problem. After all my attempts with advice taken from both forum members and customer support, I hope that you can understand how frustrating this is.

What's important to note is that this complication I am having only pertains to 1 video that I have in PD10. I recently had a different video successfully produced. Also, when the 35 % mark is reached on the video in question the producing freezes but not the program. I can easily choose to cancel rendering and I am able to use the program as usual. Also, I do not receive any error message at all. The production simply does not progress beyond 35 % with this video. Therefore, I am left with nothing to indicate what the source of the problem could be.

I have tried all the suggestions relayed to me by customer support. This includes providing a dxdiag file, taking a screenshot of the disc menu preferences page, exporting a PPM of the project files to their FTP server, trying all video formats, and keeping hardware decoding off.

I am making this thread in the hopes of gaining any more insight to this problem before uninstalling/reinstalling PD10 which I have had to do several times since it has been out. Lastly, I want to mention that at the 35 % mark on the timeline of my video, there is no transition. It is located at approx. the 1st quarter of the 2 clips I have playing at that part of the timeline.

Finally, let me note that I have had this video successfully produced before. I have been trying to produce it again because I have modified the video with some new clips and effects.

Any advice is appreciated.
I produced it to be 1920x1080, as I do with all of my videos. I didn't use SVRT, but I usually do not. I didn't allow 3D previewing, so I will have to try producing it again, at least partially, to see if it previews properly.
For the first time I created a video of mine to be in 3D in PD10. Under Power Tools I made sure all clips were to play 2D content in 3D mode, with all of them left at the default value of 128. In the produce tab I selected for it to be Red/Blue Anaglyph 3D mode, and made sure everything was in 3D. Well when it was finally produced (as an .mpeg4) I got on my red & blue glasses & I played the video in quicktime player. While it was appearing mildly 3D, almost all of the clips in my video were very distorted, as in they were zoomed in way too much so that much of the clips were unable to be seen. Some of the clips showed duplicated scenes, which was also rather strange. I looked at the clips with the glasses off and they were definitely way too distorted. So, I am wondering if there is a setting I missed or set improperly.

If you could throw me some feedback on this I would be grateful.

Thanks
With that fast quad-core 2.5 Ghz & over 16 gigs of RAM, your computer is more than sufficient to handle this program...as demanding as it may be.

While my specs are a bit lower than yours, they are still definitely adequate to handle PD10 as well (8192 GB RAM, >100 GB HDD space, i7 720QM). However, as clean as I can get my system to be, PD10 virtually always gives me a hassle in one form or another.

Also make sure you have the latest build which is currently .1424c.

It is a great program with regards to features and ease of use, but performance-wise this program can be a series of frustrating technical disasters.

I'm just letting you know so you have a more comprehensive understanding of the overall strengths:weaknesses ratio in your assessment of them.

Thanks for the info. I extracted the files to that location, but I am not seeing the effects show up under the effects menu in PD10. Is there something I need to do for the additional effects to be imported ?
Ah I found the section of the NewBlueFX site dedicated to Cyberlink. Just had to connect to it from in PD10 in the NewBlue effects menu.
Where would I install the effects to ? I downloaded a free cartoon effect off their site, but I'm unsure of which folder it the files should be extracted to.
Go to: