Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have recently upgraded to Powerdirector 12. When I try to capture from my DV camcorder, it will only record about 2 or 3 seconds and then stops. I don't believe there are any time or size limits set. Any ideas what my problem could be?
In case you can't open the attachment, here's what the error message stated:

Either a menu thumbnail (menu caption) or the navigation buttons are currently overlapping. Try adjusting them for this disc format.

I have tried moving buttons and captions, with no success.
This is my first attempt at burning a DVD using version 10. I keep getting the attached error message. Not sure what is up, but I never had this problem with version 7. Thanks!
Thank you for your comments! I'll check them out. Too bad you can't do this as easily as you could in PD7.

Jeff
In PD7 I used to be able to copy titles I had made on the timeline and then paste it elsewhere on the timeline. This was an easy way to set the title the way I wanted with size/font style/color etc. Once I pasted it in a new location, I would change the text in the title to accomodate the chapter. Chapter no, date, etc. I would simply right click on the title in the timeline and then click on the time bar where I wanted the new location and then click paste. Now when I try to paste in PD10, I right click, but the "Paste" is not even listed as an option. How can I copy and paste these titles in PD10? I don't really want to drag the original title from the window pane each time I want a similar title, as I'll have to make all the modifications to the text.
While I still have trouble getting a DVD to burn from Powerdirector, I can render the DVD and save as a file to my hardrive. I can then use Nero to burn the image to DVD. It works everytime with no problem.
I figured it out!

I feel really stupid! Somehow the DVD player onscreen counter got turned on. I have no idea how this happened, but I was able to turn off the time counter on the DVD player itself. It suddenly appeared when I tried to view my most recent version DVD, so I had assumed it was in the DVD itself. Thanks to those who tried to help me on this one.
I am working on a large High School Track DVD that has many photo's and video clips in it. I have broken up the video into chapters of which are about 5 minutes each in length. In a particular chapter, I may have up to 40-50 mini clips or photo's. I will then save each chapter as a single file in which I will import that single file into my final product. I'm wondering what the best format to save these chapters is. I am currently saving as an AVI file, but I have noticed the quality of the video is degraded somewhat in the final DVD. The photo's display fine, only the video seems degraded. ????
Thanks for the tips on masking the time stamp. I previewed the movie last night and just wanted to clarify what I mean by time stamp. It's not a an actual display of the time of when the video was recorded, but it's a running clock of the duration of the DVD. ie: when you put the DVD in the clock starts at 00:00:00 and registers the accumulative time while the DVD plays. My DVD is approx 55 minutes, so at the end of the DVD the display is approx 00:55:00.
I'm ready to burn a DVD project and I'm having problem with the navigation buttons not showing up on the 1st chapter page. I have a total of 14 chapters (3 chapter pages). When I select chapters from the main menu in preview mode, it takes me to the first chapter page, but there are no buttons to get me to the next pages. The home page button is there, but that's it. When I'm in the Modify mode, the buttons are all there, but in preview mode and when I burn the DVD, they are missing. The buttons are on page 2 and 3 of the chapters in the preview mode, but you have to use the navigation toolbar below the window in order to get to those pages. I am frantically trying to finish High School Track season DVD so I can get it to the duplicator, and this is the only hang up.
Help please!
I have been working on a project in PD7. I recently changed the menu style to one of the standard menus and then burned a DVD. When I put the DVD in the player I noticed a running time stamp in the upper left hand corner. I'm not sure how this was added to the DVD as I did not select anything and it was not there on the early version DVD I produced with the original menu. How can I get rid of this running time stamp? It shows up on the menu when first put in the DVD.
I have a brand new DVD burner in my computer, I did re-install my older burner and it did exactly the same thing, so I have ruled out a hardware issue with the Burner.
I have been working on a DVD project and originally, I was able to get it to burn, but now I can't get it to burn at all. It goes through the rendering and burn process and I get a message at the end that the burn was successful, but shortly after that I get an error message that the program needs to shut down. I can't even get the DVD to pop out as the door gets locked up. I have to shut the computer down and reboot in order to get the DVD out. Once I get the DVD out, I can tell something is burned on the disc, but it won't play. I have downloaded a trial version of Sony DVD Architect and WAS able to get a small movie to burn, and it played just fine, so I have ruled out any computer hardware issues. Any suggestions? I hate to think about having to uninstall and re-install without any real ideas on what's the hang up.
Thanks for the reply Tony.

If I understand correctly, I can put a movie together in powerdirector in the 4:3 aspect ratio and then change it to the 16:9 ratio. So if I have a movie saved in the 4:3 ratio, I can save it as another file and then go in and change that file to 16:9???? I tried to view the tutorial, but my computer would not play anything.

Jeff
I am putting together a High School end of the Season Track video. I have been asked if I can do both the full screen and wide screen formats. Is there a way to convert one format to the other. I have done mine using the full screen format and wondered what it would take to do this in a wide screen format.
I have tried everything posted here so far, and I still can't get rid of the unwanted transitions. I would like to get rid of the heart and a couple others. Then I would like to randomly use all the remaining transitions.

When I put the transitions in MY FAVORITES and then left click the library menu, the apply random transition selection is NOT HIGHLIGHTED, thus not allowing me to select it.

Those Heart Transitions just don't look very good on a boys track slideshow

??????
I'm trying to produce a DVD with many photo's and I'm using the slideshow feature that automatically chooses the transitions at random. The only problem is that there are a couple anoying transitions such as the "heart" and the "plane/boat". Is there a way to get rid of these so they don't show up in my finished movie?
Will PD 7 allow you to set up menu sub chapters? I am working on a school track project and would like to be able to jump from a main chapter menu to a sub-chapter menu. Thanks!
I found the following FAQ which addresses how to add a time stamp. Is there a way to burn a DVD without the time stamp showing up once you've already captured the video?

FAQ
How do I add date and time code to my video when capturing from my camcorder?
If you want to add text captions to your video, you will have to enter this information prior to capturing the video. To set your text captions options, go to the DV capture function and click Add text overlay button to open another window where you can add various text.
Available options are as follows:

Add Date Code: Check this option to add a date code on your captured video. Select a date code format that best fits your need.
Add Time Code: Check this option to add a time code on your captured video. Select a time code format that best fits your need.
Add Remark: Check this option to add a remark on your captured video.
I burned a DVD, and when played, in the upper left hand corner of the TV is a running time stamp. I do not know how it got there and I could not find anything in the edit mode on how to put it there or get rid of it. I would like to get rid of it, but I could not find any help screen or anything in the user manual relating to this. I have made a couple other DVD's and the time stamp is not there. The only difference between this DVD and the others is that this is the first DVD where I made a menu from scratch.
Go to: