Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Getting rid of certain transitions in slideshow
jaschlicht1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2008 13:15 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I'm trying to produce a DVD with many photo's and I'm using the slideshow feature that automatically chooses the transitions at random. The only problem is that there are a couple anoying transitions such as the "heart" and the "plane/boat". Is there a way to get rid of these so they don't show up in my finished movie?
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
If you open the transition module, it has a "favorites" section.
Make the transitions you want use "favorites", then make the slideshow.
It will only use the transitions showing in the library as favorites.
OK? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Barry -

I didn't know that.
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Try the search, been covered previously,

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/4066.page

Jeff
jaschlicht1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2008 13:15 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I have tried everything posted here so far, and I still can't get rid of the unwanted transitions. I would like to get rid of the heart and a couple others. Then I would like to randomly use all the remaining transitions.

When I put the transitions in MY FAVORITES and then left click the library menu, the apply random transition selection is NOT HIGHLIGHTED, thus not allowing me to select it.

Those Heart Transitions just don't look very good on a boys track slideshow

??????
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeff -

As another Jeff (JL) once clearly stated in http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/4066.page

Try this
1) right click on the transitions you want and add to favorites
2) change the drop down from "all transitions" to "my favorites"
3) you should see only them in "my favorites" - remove all others if you added some before
4) on the library menu icon, icon to the right my favorites, left click and "apply random transition to all"

Make sure you DON'T include that silly valentine thing!

Cheers -

Tony
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
If you open the favorites menu, click on any transition to make it hi-lited, the apply random button SHOULD be available.
Only other idea...too many funky transitions may be distracting.
A combo of mostly fades, with a bunch of others tossed in by hand, might yield the best results.

EDIT! Are you using the Slideshow function or making your own?
The favorites trick only works for a self-made slideshow, not for the Slideshow function button, I think that is a weakness and should be changed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 12. 2009 12:21

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Barry,

It also works if you build the slideshow with the "Magic Motion" feature, you just need to set appropriately in Edit > Preferences > Editing and change the Transition type to "My Favorites"

Improvements would always be welcomed though, there are many.

Jeff
ynotfish
[Post New]
Thanks Barry & JL -

I wasn't aware of those things... agreed, Barry - it would be nice to be able to apply only favourites in the template slideshows.

Cheers -

Tony