Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Capture problems
jaschlicht1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2008 13:15 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I have recently upgraded to Powerdirector 12. When I try to capture from my DV camcorder, it will only record about 2 or 3 seconds and then stops. I don't believe there are any time or size limits set. Any ideas what my problem could be?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Only a guess.

When you start the recording is the DV camcorder actually playing a video and not in a blank space?

PD's capture module does strange things sometimes.

If you can capture the footage from your DV camcorder with other software, you can import that video into Powerdirector for editing.
Windows Movie Maker is reputed to capture video when Powerdirector fails.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Rocket-Scientist
Senior Member Location: HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA Joined: Apr 23, 2010 10:14 Messages: 288 Offline
[Post New]
could you tell us the model DV camcorder you have. most DV camcorder actual have files in digital format. you don't have to "capture" them, just transfer them to you computer.

if they have firewire, then windows will open them like a disk and you can transfer them, if usb, then similar, they will look to windows like a disk and you can just transfer the file. That is the joy of D(digital)V(video). Analog camcorders require a capture device. RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
(2 NVME 2TB, 1 SSD 2TB, 3SATA 18TB )
PD18 ULTIMATE 64bit
WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO WIFI MB
RYZEN 7 3700X 8-CORE , 64 GB DDR4
ORSAIR HX1050 watts PSU