Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Getting rid of time stamp on PD7
jaschlicht1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2008 13:15 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I burned a DVD, and when played, in the upper left hand corner of the TV is a running time stamp. I do not know how it got there and I could not find anything in the edit mode on how to put it there or get rid of it. I would like to get rid of it, but I could not find any help screen or anything in the user manual relating to this. I have made a couple other DVD's and the time stamp is not there. The only difference between this DVD and the others is that this is the first DVD where I made a menu from scratch.
jaschlicht1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I found the following FAQ which addresses how to add a time stamp. Is there a way to burn a DVD without the time stamp showing up once you've already captured the video?

FAQ
How do I add date and time code to my video when capturing from my camcorder?
If you want to add text captions to your video, you will have to enter this information prior to capturing the video. To set your text captions options, go to the DV capture function and click Add text overlay button to open another window where you can add various text.
Available options are as follows:

Add Date Code: Check this option to add a date code on your captured video. Select a date code format that best fits your need.
Add Time Code: Check this option to add a time code on your captured video. Select a time code format that best fits your need.
Add Remark: Check this option to add a remark on your captured video.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeff,

Sorry to say, but once a time code is there, it's there to stay, there is no way to remove it. You could try masking it.

Now you need to work out how it got there in the first place, try and recreate the problem following the same steps you used before to create your menu and see if it happens again

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
[Post New]
I had a problem like that with a video project I was doing for a client once, except the problem was distortion at the top of the video frame. Here's a trick you can use to make your video look "normal" without the time code. You're going to make a mask that will look like a letterbox, which then, will hide your time stamps.

1. Make a freeze frame or black frame and save it as a .jpg file where you can get at it later.

2. Hit the title menu icon on PD7 and select the "default" effect. Pull it down to the title portion of your time line.

3. In the time line, double click on your title effect. This will bring you to the title design menu. At the top of the menu, click on the third icon from the right...this is the "add image" icon.

4. From here, navigate to where you saved your black frame. Open this file. You'll see a small black box in the title frame now. Grab one of the corners and make it as big as the width of the video window. Then, move the black frame up until the edge just covers your date data.

5. Do the same in this step for the bottom portion of your letterbox frame at the bottom to make things look balanced.

6. On the title designer menu, there is a little button that looks like stars...it's the middle one, second row down. This is your object selection menu. You'll see two objects there of the same title. This is your black frame, you probably named it something else. Click on one.

7. On the video time slider, found underneath the video, you'll see two pointers. Move each one to their respective ends so that the yellow bar is as long as the blue bar. This is your fade in fade out effect. By making the yellow bar equal with the blue bar, the letterbox will show up immediately and not fade in or out.

8. Select the second black frame in the object selection box and do the same as in step seven.

9. Hit Ok, and you're done. You'll have a Title effect which is for all purposes, a letterbox effect that will mask out your time date data.

I know this reads awfully complicated, but it is really easy to do. It's just that putting the steps into words is sort of daunting. Now, all you have to do is to stretch the title effect time line to match the video length in your project and you'll have a nice clean looking video without the time stamp.

Now, the next thing is to find out how to turn off that function in that video camera so you won't have to go through this again.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 11. 2009 00:38

jaschlicht1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the tips on masking the time stamp. I previewed the movie last night and just wanted to clarify what I mean by time stamp. It's not a an actual display of the time of when the video was recorded, but it's a running clock of the duration of the DVD. ie: when you put the DVD in the clock starts at 00:00:00 and registers the accumulative time while the DVD plays. My DVD is approx 55 minutes, so at the end of the DVD the display is approx 00:55:00.
jaschlicht1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I figured it out!

I feel really stupid! Somehow the DVD player onscreen counter got turned on. I have no idea how this happened, but I was able to turn off the time counter on the DVD player itself. It suddenly appeared when I tried to view my most recent version DVD, so I had assumed it was in the DVD itself. Thanks to those who tried to help me on this one.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
That's great Jeff...

Anyway - Frank's excellent workaround is sure to get someone out of bother, even if it won't change the settings on your DVD player.

Well written, Frank.

Cheers -

Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!