Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Copy and Paste Titles in PD 10
jaschlicht1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2008 13:15 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
In PD7 I used to be able to copy titles I had made on the timeline and then paste it elsewhere on the timeline. This was an easy way to set the title the way I wanted with size/font style/color etc. Once I pasted it in a new location, I would change the text in the title to accomodate the chapter. Chapter no, date, etc. I would simply right click on the title in the timeline and then click on the time bar where I wanted the new location and then click paste. Now when I try to paste in PD10, I right click, but the "Paste" is not even listed as an option. How can I copy and paste these titles in PD10? I don't really want to drag the original title from the window pane each time I want a similar title, as I'll have to make all the modifications to the text.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Paste is found in the EDIT menu up top.
You are best to paste at the very end of your timeline or you'll risk moving your in-place files.
Another option is to make your title, then stretch it out on the timeline, then split it over and over until you think you have enough to spread around. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
It's like BarryTheCrab said.
Moreover, as the paste option does not appear in the menu, use the shortcut keys (Ctrl + V) not to undo all editing, paste out of the area, or lock the other tracks of video, audio ...
Another good option, save your text as new templante, in library, and may use in other projects too.
(botão SaveAs)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 20. 2011 13:50

jaschlicht1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2008 13:15 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for your comments! I'll check them out. Too bad you can't do this as easily as you could in PD7.

Jeff