Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Not sure what profile you are using to produce, but yes, issue hashed out prior. Uncheck pref > Hardware Acceleration > decoding and that worked for some, others also turned off Fast video rendering technology on the Produce page and that worked for them.

PD21 only produces 8bit output so another user converted with HandBrake to 8 bit and had no issue in PD21 with producing.

Jeff

Thanks, turning hardware off allowed it to work. Stupid question maybe... but since PD365 only produces 8 bit files, is there any advantage to using 10-bit source videos? Thx.
I can import the files just fine, preview them no problem. But when I try to produce videos, it just returns like no problems were found but the resulting video has nothing in it. Very strange.

PD 365 Version 21.4.2812.0

Is this a known issue? Thank you.
I'm doing some low light videos and I need to run the video through a denoiser, the built in one doesn't do as good of a job as I need. Any recommendations for a commercial plug in or stand alone software would be appreciated. Thank you.
Quote Another option using Skateboard 01.mp4 is to just use the Mask Designer and 2 keyframes, that's all.

Jeff

I know this is going to sound insane... but after editing over 100 videos I've still never used keyframes. lol.. I didn't see anything inside the project file that showed me how you did this. Would you be so kind to explain in detail how you created this? Your transition seems to be smoother than the above solution as well. Unless it's just my old man eyes. lol.. Thank you.
Quote I didn't see one like that either, but it's very easy to create that same effect using 2 color boards and 4 keyframes.

Download the tiny zipped packed project below and see how that looks. You can tweak the duration and the ease-in/ease-out settings to get just the effect you want

Thank you! That worked great.
Check out this trailer at the 5-6 second mark. Is this transition included with PD? I looked through every transition PD offers and either I'm over looking it or it's not there. It's such a basic but cool looking cinematic transition. Thx.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RDaPV_rJ1Y
Quote Hi there,

I am making a video which includes all 4k video: some at 30fps but most at 60fps.
I want to produce the video and upload to Youtube with the best resolution, but the profile type it is providing is 3840x2160/30p.

Does that mean the video will be created and uploaded at 30fps or am I misunderstanding?
If so, how would I force it to create at 60fps?

Any help would be appreciated!

You could just edit the profile and change the fps from 30 to 60.

To the right of the profile name, to the right of the + sign click on the pencil icon to edit the profile.
Click on the "Video" tab.
In the "Frame rate" drop down box, select 60.
Click on Ok to update the profile.
Quote What is the best 3rd party effects software for changing the color scheme and adding some detail/clarity to a video? Im looking into trying to find one that has a decent amount of options and obviously one that will work with the current version of Powerdirector lol. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Have you exhausted what the "fix/enhance" panel can do?

Another option after finishing editing, Produce only the audio, this will appear in the library, add this to replace all, if you prefer to remova or silence.
Now open the audio editor and make the adjustments.

That's also a good suggestion! Much appreciated.

Another option is to produce your final copy when done editing, bring back into PD and edit the continuous audio clip to increase treble and produce again using SVRT. In this case the video won't be reencoded, audio is always reencoded anyway.

Jeff

First of all, thank you for replying. I thought of doing that as well, but it just seemed so rediculous to do. Hard to understand why several basic tools, shortcuts, etc, are missing from this software.
I just want to increase the treble a little bit on my clips. But after searching around for quite a while I still can't find it. Surely something as trivial as adding a bit of treble to multiple clips is right in from of me. lol.. And if the answer is to edit each invidual clip using the audio editor... well... let's don't go there. lol.. Thx!
But it didn't work, PowerDirector still made its own shadow files (with exactly the same names) and overwrote the ones I placed.

Fellow GoPro user here, if you don't mind... if you find a stable solution...please reply and share. Thank you.
Appears that you didn't use the yellow/orange'ish range selection tools on the edge of the timeline scrubber. For attached pic, each video clip is 10 seconds so the timecode under the preview window indicates 00:01:10:00 for the selected range.
Jeff

Awesome, that will help me immensely. Thank you.

One can always submit a suggestion via the File menu.
Jeff

Seems like all of my issues don't apply to the masses. lol..

1) If sequential clips, range selection will display range duration under the preview window. If non sequential, no automatic way other than manually add up durations.

Jeff

Thx Jeff, but under my preview window it only shows the start time for the 1st clip in the selected sequence. Is there a setting somewhere to add this? Thx.

This feature is vastly needed in the multi trim tool so you can easily eyeball total time. Surprised it's not a standard feature.
I frequently edit videos with dozens of clips. And more than often I need to keep track of the time duration for created clips.

1) When selecting multiple clips on a time line, how can I find out the time duration total for the selected clips?

2) When using the "Multi Trim" tool how can I find out the running duration time total for my created segments?

Thanks.
Quote Hey,
There is no available project and produce aspect ratio for 8:7 in my PowerDirector.
It there any workaround to produce video 8:7?

Also while trying to stetch with function Set Clip Format -> Set Aspect Ratio doesn't work - PowerDirector freezing every time after clicking this. Hope CLPV will work with 8:7...

Cheers!

I would just start a 1:1 project and crop your clips using the crop/zoom/pan tool. You're not going to lose much...at all.
I'm only editing 10-20min videos, but I sometimes have quite a few clips. To edit each clip I have to adjust each one seprately for Color Grading (LUTs, I don't just apply 100%, I typically make the strength 30-50%), Same thing with Wind Removal btw.

That is such a tedious way to edit multiple clips and takes forever. There really needs a APPLY TO ALL CLIPS on this track option for both the strength of LUTs and Wind Removal.

I can't imagine people doing editing like this with very long videos with a ton of clips. wow....
So let's say you run the Audio Denoise > Wind Removal on a clip. You save/exit return to the project later and decide you want the origianl Audio back, there appears to be no way to do this. Is this correct? If so.....please explain why? Thank you.

Hi,

LUTs
Select the active track with the clips on.
Identify and select the reqired LUT
Rt Click>Apply to all clips on Selected Track

Beware making an error - I can't find a way of removing a LUT from multiple clips - so not so easy to undo!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks, this does help. Now...if we could just get a "apply to all" where you adjust the "strength" of the LUT that would be perfect.
Quote You can add fx tracks and extend the fx effects for as long as you want. Never tried it with LUTs.

I've never used an FX track, but I just added one and I can't drag a LUT there. Not sure how FX tracks work. hnmm... seems like it would be a cool idea if what you suggest would work. Thx.
Go to: