Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
GoPro 11 | 10-bit Support?
2dguy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 16, 2021 12:33 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
I can import the files just fine, preview them no problem. But when I try to produce videos, it just returns like no problems were found but the resulting video has nothing in it. Very strange.

PD 365 Version 21.4.2812.0

Is this a known issue? Thank you.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I would like for you to attach say a 10 second sample recording of a 10 bit video from the GoPro 11 to check out on my system.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I can import the files just fine, preview them no problem. But when I try to produce videos, it just returns like no problems were found but the resulting video has nothing in it. Very strange.

PD 365 Version 21.4.2812.0

Is this a known issue? Thank you.

Not sure what profile you are using to produce, but yes, issue hashed out prior. Uncheck pref > Hardware Acceleration > decoding and that worked for some, others also turned off Fast video rendering technology on the Produce page and that worked for them.

PD21 only produces 8bit output so another user converted with HandBrake to 8 bit and had no issue in PD21 with producing.

Jeff
2dguy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 16, 2021 12:33 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]

Not sure what profile you are using to produce, but yes, issue hashed out prior. Uncheck pref > Hardware Acceleration > decoding and that worked for some, others also turned off Fast video rendering technology on the Produce page and that worked for them.

PD21 only produces 8bit output so another user converted with HandBrake to 8 bit and had no issue in PD21 with producing.

Jeff

Thanks, turning hardware off allowed it to work. Stupid question maybe... but since PD365 only produces 8 bit files, is there any advantage to using 10-bit source videos? Thx.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks, turning hardware off allowed it to work. Stupid question maybe... but since PD365 only produces 8 bit files, is there any advantage to using 10-bit source videos? Thx.

Probably not for current PD. Choice might depend if they are in the moment video captures or something that you will keep for ages. Files can work in other editors though. Maybe someday CL will give PD some much needed attention with way overdue core upgrades vs just templates, stickers and GUI shuffles.

Jeff