Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is this transition available somewhere???
2dguy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 16, 2021 12:33 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Check out this trailer at the 5-6 second mark. Is this transition included with PD? I looked through every transition PD offers and either I'm over looking it or it's not there. It's such a basic but cool looking cinematic transition. Thx.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RDaPV_rJ1Y
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I didn't see one like that either, but it's very easy to create that same effect using 2 color boards and 4 keyframes.

Download the tiny zipped packed project below and see how that looks. You can tweak the duration and the ease-in/ease-out settings to get just the effect you want
 Filename
vertical open.zip
[Disk]
 Description
zipped project
 Filesize
5487 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
70 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Another option using Skateboard 01.mp4 is to just use the Mask Designer and 2 keyframes, that's all.

Jeff
 Filename
vertlinear.pds
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
67 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
74 time(s)
2dguy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I didn't see one like that either, but it's very easy to create that same effect using 2 color boards and 4 keyframes.

Download the tiny zipped packed project below and see how that looks. You can tweak the duration and the ease-in/ease-out settings to get just the effect you want

Thank you! That worked great.
2dguy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Another option using Skateboard 01.mp4 is to just use the Mask Designer and 2 keyframes, that's all.

Jeff

I know this is going to sound insane... but after editing over 100 videos I've still never used keyframes. lol.. I didn't see anything inside the project file that showed me how you did this. Would you be so kind to explain in detail how you created this? Your transition seems to be smoother than the above solution as well. Unless it's just my old man eyes. lol.. Thank you.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I know this is going to sound insane... but after editing over 100 videos I've still never used keyframes. lol.. I didn't see anything inside the project file that showed me how you did this. Would you be so kind to explain in detail how you created this? Your transition seems to be smoother than the above solution as well. Unless it's just my old man eyes. lol.. Thank you.

Select the clip and then open the "Mask Designer" from the "Tools" menu, it's all there. The attached pic summarizes the basic steps within the "Mask Designer".

Basically, all one is doing with keyframes is to allow the initial height of the mask to be set very small, 0.001, and then at the second keyframe, whatever timecode it is set at, the mask reaches its full height of 1.0.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD21_Vertlinear.png]
 Filename
PD21_Vertlinear.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
111 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)