Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Question about uploading in 4k 60fps
circuitcruise [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2020 20:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

I am making a video which includes all 4k video: some at 30fps but most at 60fps.
I want to produce the video and upload to Youtube with the best resolution, but the profile type it is providing is 3840x2160/30p.

Does that mean the video will be created and uploaded at 30fps or am I misunderstanding?
If so, how would I force it to create at 60fps?

Any help would be appreciated!
2dguy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 16, 2021 12:33 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi there,

I am making a video which includes all 4k video: some at 30fps but most at 60fps.
I want to produce the video and upload to Youtube with the best resolution, but the profile type it is providing is 3840x2160/30p.

Does that mean the video will be created and uploaded at 30fps or am I misunderstanding?
If so, how would I force it to create at 60fps?

Any help would be appreciated!

You could just edit the profile and change the fps from 30 to 60.

To the right of the profile name, to the right of the + sign click on the pencil icon to edit the profile.
Click on the "Video" tab.
In the "Frame rate" drop down box, select 60.
Click on Ok to update the profile.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 17. 2023 04:10

circuitcruise [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2020 20:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply!

I have the option to make a manual profile under Produce > 2D but not under Produce > online > YouTube.

I guess I could just render it at 60fps and then upload myself to YouTube. Just don't really understand why I can't directly upload in 4k 60fps.

You could just edit the profile and change the fps from 30 to 60.

To the right of the profile name, to the right of the + sign click on the pencil icon to edit the profile.
Click on the "Video" tab.
In the "Frame rate" drop down box, select 60.
Click on Ok to update the profile.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The options for producing directly to an online destination have always a limited subset of those available when producing to your hard drive. No option for 60p is just one area where you're seeing those limits.

You also can't set a YouTube video to be unlisted, or add it to a playlist, or any of the many other things you can do if you've produced the video locally and simply used the Create icon on any YT webage to manually upload it.

In addition, I can't tell you how many times I've started uploading a video manually only to find that I'd made a mistake when viewing my local copy. With direct-to-YT, you have to wait until the whole thing is finished producing + uploading before you can see if it's actually something you want on your channel. These are the main reasons I've always produced locally.

As for the limited options, my guess is that the developers wanted producing+uploading to be a simple feature in contrast to normal producing where you have much more control, and basically you'll have to choose what's more important.

You can always use Rate Us & Provide Suggestions from PD's File menu to request more options like 4K 60p when producing to an online destination.