Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How To Apply FX/Lut to multiple clips on the same line?
2dguy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 16, 2021 12:33 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
I routinely have several clips on the same line, how on earth do I apply an Fx/Lut to all the clips at one time? When you're editing 1-2 hour videos and have dozens of clips...this is a major pain and slow down. lol.. Thx!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You can add fx tracks and extend the fx effects for as long as you want. Never tried it with LUTs.
2dguy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You can add fx tracks and extend the fx effects for as long as you want. Never tried it with LUTs.

I've never used an FX track, but I just added one and I can't drag a LUT there. Not sure how FX tracks work. hnmm... seems like it would be a cool idea if what you suggest would work. Thx.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

I've never used an FX track, but I just added one and I can't drag a LUT there. Not sure how FX tracks work. hnmm... seems like it would be a cool idea if what you suggest would work. Thx.

Hi,

LUTs
Select the active track with the clips on.
Identify and select the reqired LUT
Rt Click>Apply to all clips on Selected Track

Beware making an error - I can't find a way of removing a LUT from multiple clips - so not so easy to undo!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
2dguy [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,

LUTs
Select the active track with the clips on.
Identify and select the reqired LUT
Rt Click>Apply to all clips on Selected Track

Beware making an error - I can't find a way of removing a LUT from multiple clips - so not so easy to undo!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks, this does help. Now...if we could just get a "apply to all" where you adjust the "strength" of the LUT that would be perfect.