Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Included in PowerDirector Suite are PhotoDirector, ColorDirector and AudioDirector and now Promeo Essential as well. I now have (including these programmes) nearly 200 Cyberlink packs installed on my C:/ drive. Not something I expected when I partitioned my new (at the time) computer hard drive. I am now running out of space on my C:/ drive.

Is it possible to transfer all or at least most of these packs to my D:/ drive without the laborious job of uninstalling and re-installing all of them by creating a Junction point? And if so could any of you tech experts give a simple A-B-C of how it would be done? I do realise this is not exactly a Cyberlink issue, but the massive amount of Cyberlink packs have had a part in the problem. Thanks in advance.

Brian
Quote That's easy enough to try for yourself.

I just did it, and after selecting a timeline image and clicking on Edit in PhotoDirector from the Edit screen, PhD launched directly into the Adjust room with the picture ready to edit. No extra screens encountered in either direction

Thank you Optodata I have been using that 'edit in PhotoDirector' for months mainly to remove backgrounds but also to crop and other editing functions. It has worked flawlessly for months taking me back to PowerDirector when all actions were finished. But just in the last couple of days when I click 'Edit in PhotoDirector' it just crashes back to PowerDirector. It's a real problem because I use the 'PhotoDirector' a lot and though I can still use it as an app it is a hassle not to have it immediately available from PD. Anyone help? I even updated the programmes yesterday hoping it might be fixed but sadly no, it is still crashing immediately after clicking on the 'edit in PhotoDirector button'.
What about using PhotoDirector within PowerDirector? Surely I don't have to close the programme (PowerDirector) every time I need to remove a background or any other action? That is a major inconvenience and waste of time! PhotoDiretor must be available from within PowerDirector surely?
Quote PowerDirector and Shutterstock prohibit accessing the Shutterstock files outside of PowerDirector. You are violating your license agreement if you do.

The following statement is taken from the Shutterstock section of the EULA

"You shall not do the following:
- download or otherwise access the raw Shutterstock Content data files outside of the SOFTWARE;"

Thanks, Maliek. Your help channel is much appreciated.

However, the terms and conditions surely allow me to use the downloaded files within the PowerDirector software, where I can add LUTs or FX etc.. Is that true?
Quote C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Cache Files nn\
To use the you have to rename to file to have the proper extension, like .mp4 en .jpg
However, the files may not be used in this fashion according to the terms and conditions.

Thank You, much appreciated.
After going to all the trouble downloading the files from our PD365 extra feature (what is it? 2 million files or more?), they have appeared in my 'downloaded' section of the PD programme. But try as I may I can't find those files on my computer. Even my super duper finding things programme can't find them (a never fails programme). I want to open one of the files in Color Director to add some effects. I've tried using Colour Director via Power Director but when it comes to returning back to PD after the effects are carried out the programme crashes. And that happens with files that are not Shutterstock also. I got around that problem by using Color Director separately. But I can only do that if I can find the files.

Does anyone know where they are or do Shuitterstock store them offline in a cloud somewhere? Previous addresses supplied for the same problem in the past don't seem to work now. frown

Any ideas? Or is Cyberlink paying for a service that is only really half-there?

Brian
PowerDirector is repeatedly crashing. I can't seem to do anything, change a size, position, add a pic, anything and Ooops.... PD has crashed again, we are sending a report blah blah.... what has happened to the usually stable program???
Perhaps I'm missing something.... what happened to the "Flip" control that was part of the "PIP" adjustment section? "Flip" image left/right or Up/down?

Thanks in advance

Brian

P.S. I paid for NewBlueFX annual 360 subscription (for several years now) to cover all their special effects. What happened to the ability to use them? They seem to have disappeared (from the FX section in PowerDirector under the subsection 3rd Party).
Quote This seems to be new behavior in the latest update.

Originally, the downloaded clips were only visible in the project that the clips were downloaded into, and people were upset/confused that they weren't visible for use in other projects without downloading them again or manually tracking down the download folder.

It now appears that downloading any Shutterstock content will trigger the automatic import of all previously downloaded content into the current project's media library, which to me is probably the worst of both worlds

Rate Us & Provide Suggestions is a good place to let CL know how this is affecting your editing.

This just happened to me also, instead of 2 video files appearing in my media library, everything I have ever downloaded from shutterstock now appears. I remedied the situation by selecting 'remove all files not on the timeline'. However that also removed the two files I wanted. Where are all these files stored? Somewhere on my computer?
Hello again Pix and Optodata. I had to finish some work for a client so have been busy. Work done now I can take the time to reply. I submitted a 'ticket' to Cyberlink Tech. The number is Ticket ID: CS002342036. I did everything they asked and provided everything they asked for, dxdiag and system information. The problem remains and they are now just putting it down to my computer (it seems), though I have submitted a new ticket. This is so annoying. I even went back to a previous install of PowerDirector and all its siblings (when there was no problem), but now the problem has now followed me into the previous install. I have now upgraded to June's installation hoping it might have corrected itself. But no luck, in fact it seems to crash even faster (when I try to open PhotoDirector it immediately crashes). If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. PhotoDirector fortunately still opens on its own, but it was so much more convenient to open it within PowerDirector. Thanks in advance.
Quote Thanks for the video. (BTW the "SR number" in the About screen isn't a serial number. It's the software release number and there's no need to mask it)

You seem to be more impacted by the issue and I'm wondering what will happen if you download one of my original images I shared straight from my Pixel 5 or any of the pics from PIXS's Google Drive.

None of those images have any problems on PIX's machine or mine, and it would give us new information if they don't work on your system.

Thanks Optodata. Tried all 4 files from yourself and Pix. Sorry to report, same problem, PhotoDirector starts to open showing the opening logo and then crashes.
Here is a short video showing the problem and my PDR version.

https://youtu.be/8OzRcFymT2U

I hope someone can come up with a solution. Thanks in advance

Brian
PhotoDirector crashes when I request it to open through the usual 'Fix/Enhance...PhotoDirector'. It just won't open. I've got around the problem by opening the programme separately and making the adjustments and then 'Export' the finished photo to PowerDirector. That works but it is much more convenient to have the programme available through PDR.

Any suggestions anyone? Thanks in advance for any help.

Brian
Sorry for not replying sooner. The problem was after installing the latest monthly update for PD365 the programme refused to open.

I wrote to Cyberlink Tech dept. who were pretty quick getting back to me. They gave me several options to try including...

1. Uninstalling the program through the application manager and re-installing it. Still didn't open.

2. Turning off all other open programmes including my internet protection software (Kaspersky). Then try opening it again.

Solved! For some reason, the programme was blocking Cyberlink which it has never done before, so after the monthly PD365 update it didn't recognise the newer version and blocked it.

Thanks for all the help.

Brian
Quote This is a user forum and not official Cyberlink support. If you'd like one of the volunteers here to assist, it would be great if you could give us more information on what happens when you double click on the desktop icon. You can also open the App manager and click on the Launch button for PD365.

You may also want to try rebooting to see if that helps.

Thank you Optodata for your swift reply.

I have tried rebooting, no change.

I have tried the App manager, same result.

When you click on the launch button (from the desktop or the App manager) the intro box opens with the surfer, then disappears and the programme opens for a couple of seconds. Then... OOps... PowerDirector has stopped. Click [send and troubleshoot] to report this issue etc. etc. I put in the box... 'Opening the program'. Added my email address and clicked the 'Send and Troubleshoot' button (which I have now done quite a few times).

So the programme does open for a couple of seconds then crashes.

Brian108
I just installed the latest upgrade and the program won't open at all. Please help.
I've been meaning to ask about this for many months but keep forgetting. It's a simple question, why does the ProDAD Adorage and the ProDAD Vitascene Packs in the PowerDirector 365 Application manager continue to show 're-download' seemingly permanently. I've tried redownloading them several times but the message to 're-download' remains. Any suggestions?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1li9w5UW0W0kZzVOaReo8_9_bWNOChA2v/view?usp=sharing
PowerDirector 365 won't open at all!!? What happened. I just did the January upgrade and now it won't open at all. Help!!!
I have been getting error messages (Media source error [Error Code2]) while using PowerDirector in a grey box but the message is shown below...

Media Source Error Report :
Error type : Video cut
Material type : Video
Error information : Unknown
Material filename : C:\Users\gopik\OneDrive\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\18.0\Preview Cache Files\team1_02cc6058.mp4
Detailed information : ..\CES_Source\Src\CES_Engine\CES_MediaLoader.CPP:1702
Source filter GUID : E436EBB5-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770
Splitter filter GUID : A05CDF6C-287E-47A1-A407-A477A8A5FDCA
Video decoder filter GUID : 8A0836E9-6E48-454D-8F68-507BC13F3D0B
Video hardware decoder filter GUID : 8A0836E9-6E48-454D-8F68-507BC13F3D0B

I have just been closing them because the file is not one of mine but a cache file produced by PD itself. Sometimes after closing the box I am thrown back to the start of the video. Can anyone explain why this is happening and how to avoid it? Thank you.
Quote I just tried a few things on my desktop and got some puzzling results because the Always enter full mode checkbox on PhD's Preferences | General tab was enabled.

At first, clicking on the PhotoDirector button in PD momentarily minimized PD but then it came back a second later with no sign of PhD at all. If I manually opened PhD and clicked on the button in PD, a message appeared that PhD needed to switch to "Light mode" and would need to be restarted, but it still didn't launch.

After deselecting that option in PhD, everything began working normally when calling it from PD. Even after re-enabling that checkbox, the message about restarting in "Light mode" would appear (after clicking on the button in PD) but now PhD appears, operates and returns to PD properly.

My suggestion is to check and then uncheck that PhD option and try calling it from PD after each change and see if that gets the roundtrip functionality back.

Thanks for the info Optodata. When I opened PhD I noticed the 'full mode' check box was not enabled so I enabled it. It now seems to return to PD as it should do, (so far anyway). Thanks for the help.
Go to: