Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shutterstock - where are the downloaded files?
Brian108 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 30, 2018 04:41 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
After going to all the trouble downloading the files from our PD365 extra feature (what is it? 2 million files or more?), they have appeared in my 'downloaded' section of the PD programme. But try as I may I can't find those files on my computer. Even my super duper finding things programme can't find them (a never fails programme). I want to open one of the files in Color Director to add some effects. I've tried using Colour Director via Power Director but when it comes to returning back to PD after the effects are carried out the programme crashes. And that happens with files that are not Shutterstock also. I got around that problem by using Color Director separately. But I can only do that if I can find the files.

Does anyone know where they are or do Shuitterstock store them offline in a cloud somewhere? Previous addresses supplied for the same problem in the past don't seem to work now. frown

Any ideas? Or is Cyberlink paying for a service that is only really half-there?

Brian
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Cache Files nn\
To use the you have to rename to file to have the proper extension, like .mp4 en .jpg
However, the files may not be used in this fashion according to the terms and conditions.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 25. 2023 11:02

Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector and Shutterstock prohibit accessing the Shutterstock files outside of PowerDirector. You are violating your license agreement if you do.

The following statement is taken from the Shutterstock section of the EULA

"You shall not do the following:
- download or otherwise access the raw Shutterstock Content data files outside of the SOFTWARE;" Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
Brian108 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Cache Files nn\
To use the you have to rename to file to have the proper extension, like .mp4 en .jpg
However, the files may not be used in this fashion according to the terms and conditions.

Thank You, much appreciated.
Brian108 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote PowerDirector and Shutterstock prohibit accessing the Shutterstock files outside of PowerDirector. You are violating your license agreement if you do.

The following statement is taken from the Shutterstock section of the EULA

"You shall not do the following:
- download or otherwise access the raw Shutterstock Content data files outside of the SOFTWARE;"

Thanks, Maliek. Your help channel is much appreciated.

However, the terms and conditions surely allow me to use the downloaded files within the PowerDirector software, where I can add LUTs or FX etc.. Is that true?
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

However, the terms and conditions surely allow me to use the downloaded files within the PowerDirector software, where I can add LUTs or FX etc.. Is that true?

Hi,
Yes that's true.

The full restrictions and terms of use for Shutterstock content available from within PDR are in the EULA -
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=27250

The relevant section starts with :-

"* USE OF THE CONTENT LICENSED BY SHUTTERSTOCK INC. AND/OR ITS AFFILIATES.
Subject to your compliance with the following provisions, you are authorized to use the content licensed from Shutterstock through the SOFTWARE (“Shutterstock Content&rdquo, or any part thereof, solely as incorporated into digital products created by you using the SOFTWARE.
You shall not use any Shutterstock Content:...........................etc etc."

SOFTWARE refers to PDR

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do