Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector365 latest upgrade
Brian108 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 30, 2018 04:41 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
I just installed the latest upgrade and the program won't open at all. Please help.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This is a user forum and not official Cyberlink support. If you'd like one of the volunteers here to assist, it would be great if you could give us more information on what happens when you double click on the desktop icon. You can also open the App manager and click on the Launch button for PD365.

You may also want to try rebooting to see if that helps.
Brian108 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote This is a user forum and not official Cyberlink support. If you'd like one of the volunteers here to assist, it would be great if you could give us more information on what happens when you double click on the desktop icon. You can also open the App manager and click on the Launch button for PD365.

You may also want to try rebooting to see if that helps.

Thank you Optodata for your swift reply.

I have tried rebooting, no change.

I have tried the App manager, same result.

When you click on the launch button (from the desktop or the App manager) the intro box opens with the surfer, then disappears and the programme opens for a couple of seconds. Then... OOps... PowerDirector has stopped. Click [send and troubleshoot] to report this issue etc. etc. I put in the box... 'Opening the program'. Added my email address and clicked the 'Send and Troubleshoot' button (which I have now done quite a few times).

So the programme does open for a couple of seconds then crashes.

Brian108
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That's certainly a problem and the best thing to do is to contact Cyberlink tech support from this page. You may want to include a link to this forurm discussion so they can see what's been posted here.

You'll need to generate and send them the DxDiag test results, and if you'd also like to attach them here we may be able to spot and help you correct at least some issues. Please follow the steps in this post.
MusicLover [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2014 17:19 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I just installed the latest upgrade and the program won't open at all. Please help.

Have you checked your Windows log (Event viewer)?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 12. 2021 17:29

Brian108 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry for not replying sooner. The problem was after installing the latest monthly update for PD365 the programme refused to open.

I wrote to Cyberlink Tech dept. who were pretty quick getting back to me. They gave me several options to try including...

1. Uninstalling the program through the application manager and re-installing it. Still didn't open.

2. Turning off all other open programmes including my internet protection software (Kaspersky). Then try opening it again.

Solved! For some reason, the programme was blocking Cyberlink which it has never done before, so after the monthly PD365 update it didn't recognise the newer version and blocked it.

Thanks for all the help.

Brian
ZyPaul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2021 04:58 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I have lots intermittent crashes with the new update. seems mainly with PD produced MP4s but if I use Handbrake to convert them to MKV they work!

Event Viewer has numerous sources failing mainly the PDR.exe but also Richvideo64, PDhanumanSvr, etc. Even had the blue screen of death whilst using PD19. IT guys thought it was because I was using an external USB driver but that was ruled out.

DXDiag says no problems. I'm using an old GTX 980 which I'm unsure is good enough for the fast encoding but should be fine for everything else I would imagine. Ryzen 5 2600 and 12Gb Ram on Win10 Pro 64bit build 19042.

Hope there's a new update soon to fix this. Or if everyone has any ideas?? great.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote DXDiag says no problems. I'm using an old GTX 980 which I'm unsure is good enough for the fast encoding but should be fine for everything else I would imagine. Ryzen 5 2600 and 12Gb Ram on Win10 Pro 64bit build 19042.

Hope there's a new update soon to fix this. Or if everyone has any ideas?? great.

Since you have a completely different problem than the OP (his wouldn't start at all while yours does but crashes), it would be better if you started a new thread and provided all the requested details there.

Also, the DxDiag report isn't a test that you run to determine if everything is working; it's more of a detailed list of important hardware components and installed drivers that an experienced person can dig though and possibly find clues as to what's causing your crashes. That's why the Read Me Before Posting guide asks you to run it and attach it to your post.
ZyPaul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2021 04:58 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]

Since you have a completely different problem than the OP (his wouldn't start at all while yours does but crashes), it would be better if you started a new thread and provided all the requested details there.

Also, the DxDiag report isn't a test that you run to determine if everything is working; it's more of a detailed list of important hardware components and installed drivers that an experienced person can dig though and possibly find clues as to what's causing your crashes. That's why the Read Me Before Posting guide asks you to run it and attach it to your post.

OK Cheers