Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Photo director 365 refuses to open properly.
Terry1307 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 12, 2017 08:38 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
  • Photo director 365 used to open without any problem. It now only opens as the multipage app. No programme. can you please help as I am in my eights and don't know how to repair it. Thanks.
Terry
Koen41 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 15, 2016 09:05 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
  • Photo director 365 used to open without any problem. It now only opens as the multipage app. No programme. can you please help as I am in my eights and don't know how to repair it. Thanks.

If you have the latest version of PD, the operation has changed. At start-up use one of the two options to get into the program.
Brian108 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 30, 2018 04:41 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
What about using PhotoDirector within PowerDirector? Surely I don't have to close the programme (PowerDirector) every time I need to remove a background or any other action? That is a major inconvenience and waste of time! PhotoDiretor must be available from within PowerDirector surely?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That's easy enough to try for yourself.

I just did it, and after selecting a timeline image and clicking on Edit in PhotoDirector from the Edit screen, PhD launched directly into the Adjust room with the picture ready to edit. No extra screens encountered in either direction

Brian108 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 30, 2018 04:41 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Quote That's easy enough to try for yourself.

I just did it, and after selecting a timeline image and clicking on Edit in PhotoDirector from the Edit screen, PhD launched directly into the Adjust room with the picture ready to edit. No extra screens encountered in either direction

Thank you Optodata I have been using that 'edit in PhotoDirector' for months mainly to remove backgrounds but also to crop and other editing functions. It has worked flawlessly for months taking me back to PowerDirector when all actions were finished. But just in the last couple of days when I click 'Edit in PhotoDirector' it just crashes back to PowerDirector. It's a real problem because I use the 'PhotoDirector' a lot and though I can still use it as an app it is a hassle not to have it immediately available from PD. Anyone help? I even updated the programmes yesterday hoping it might be fixed but sadly no, it is still crashing immediately after clicking on the 'edit in PhotoDirector button'.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 05. 2023 15:23

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
As that is a separate issue from this discussion, please start a new thread in either the PD365 or PhD forum and include the DxDiag test results as described here.