Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ShutterStock - all my downloads load into my project
[Post New]
Hello,

I started a new project in PD365. Imported a video then decided to download music from Shutterstock.

The tune I wanted was selected, and the download button highlighted from gray. I clicked it to download the song, but EVERYTHING I downloaded in the past now shows up in my Media Room->Downloaded. Not the Media Room->media content

But I want the video clip and downloaded tune to show up in the media content area - so I just have two items to work with.

It just seems easier rather than jumping between the two.

Anyone else mind this? Or have a solution?

Ultimately, I can do what i want.

Thanks,

VeePee
[Thumb - PDMediaAll.png]
 Filename
PDMediaAll.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
50 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This seems to be new behavior in the latest update.

Originally, the downloaded clips were only visible in the project that the clips were downloaded into, and people were upset/confused that they weren't visible for use in other projects without downloading them again or manually tracking down the download folder.

It now appears that downloading any Shutterstock content will trigger the automatic import of all previously downloaded content into the current project's media library, which to me is probably the worst of both worlds

Rate Us & Provide Suggestions is a good place to let CL know how this is affecting your editing.
Brian108 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 30, 2018 04:41 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This seems to be new behavior in the latest update.

Originally, the downloaded clips were only visible in the project that the clips were downloaded into, and people were upset/confused that they weren't visible for use in other projects without downloading them again or manually tracking down the download folder.

It now appears that downloading any Shutterstock content will trigger the automatic import of all previously downloaded content into the current project's media library, which to me is probably the worst of both worlds

Rate Us & Provide Suggestions is a good place to let CL know how this is affecting your editing.

This just happened to me also, instead of 2 video files appearing in my media library, everything I have ever downloaded from shutterstock now appears. I remedied the situation by selecting 'remove all files not on the timeline'. However that also removed the two files I wanted. Where are all these files stored? Somewhere on my computer?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This just happened to me also, instead of 2 video files appearing in my media library, everything I have ever downloaded from shutterstock now appears. I remedied the situation by selecting 'remove all files not on the timeline'. However that also removed the two files I wanted. Where are all these files stored? Somewhere on my computer?

Sounds like you hadn't placed the two new clips on the timeline when you cleared the media library.

You can pick another (random) Shutterstock clip to download which will pull all your previously downloaded clips in again, or you can browse to the \Documents\Cyberlink\PowerDirector\Cache Files 01\video\ folder. At least that's where the clips are stored on my machine.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2021 13:34