Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD's burned are Bad Master discs which seems to Occur everytime Advertisements for 365 rent-a-program shows up. Very costly.
Quote Which output profile are you producing to? Have you tried extracting the audio from your source clip (available when right-clicking on it in the Media Library) and only placing that on the timeline, with no other content?

Output to: Wma, Audio 8 for dial-up modem (mono,28.8 Kbps)

Tried the origional source with video removed and it took 2:36:00

The produced videos are each produced from 3 4K cameras with the audio usually from the front closest camera. The final videos are produced down to 1920x1080 15540kbps, 29.97 frames/sec. This video is then loaded alone and only the sermon is produced to WMA mono, 28.8 Kbps.

When this slows down the computer is pretty much not doing anything except rendering the audio and sometimes the resource monitor to see what is going on. The above origional source was running only PD18.
I am taking the sermon section (30 minutes average) out of my videos and making an audio only cd. Sometimes it goes smooth; but, started going into slow mode. I have 8 cores/16 cpus gaming computer but when it slows down it is only using 1% and that is the highest usage going on. And I notice the Disk usage for the program is in background mode. When it works it takes about 10 minutes, when it the snail dance it takes over an hour.
Quote There's an alternative way to burn discs . . and this way avoids making a lot of drink coasters and serves to isolate where the problem may be.
1. use PD18 to create the disc image file - output to an iso format. See the manual, p468 - save to disk image file.
Use a player like VLC to play the result: if OK, next step. If not OK - there's an issue with the creation of the image file in PD18.
Notes;
a. This approach also allows you to make corrections to any of the projects that are the content of the disk, without wasting a disk. Typically, spelling errors or typos in the menu that you only detect when playing the final result will prompt this.
b. With this method, you would have to use another program to burn the disk from the image file - apparently burn a disk from a disk image file isn't a feature of PD18
2. use a 3rd party image burner - several free on the net - and burn the disc from the disk image file you have confirmed is Ok.
if the disk plays Ok, you are home free. If not Ok, then your disk burner has a problem.

Yeah, I have used them all at one time or another. I used your method last year but then this new problem started showing up so I produced it and then used Power2Go to create disc; but, then that quit working. There always seams to be another problem that comes up. Don't have problems when I do not use the menus. The last production burned fine in HD but failed continuously burning standard DVD. It would burn all the way through with burn susccessful message but then when put in copier would fail with Bad Master Disk error and then when tried to play failed at the same spot like 25MB (not sure of the exact number but was the same on all attempts. Finally burned it with basic background and standard 3 button which I only used one for play. worked fine. It was also right in the middle of when MicroSoft was upgrading to the new Windows program. This Windows upgrade is completely new but they kept the name the same and just added Identifier letters to tell the difference between them. Trying to get people to take it just as if it was an update. I know it caused a lot of problems recording the project so probably should not be surprised that it corrupted the production phase also. Complete new program start up that took quite some time and then going through all the settings and turning off all the garbage... on all my computers.
This last month PD18 has burned over 50 bad discs again. Seems like it happens every year but never seem to be the same solution. Last year I replaced the Burner, Didnt work this year. the year before it had to do with the menu part crashing the burn. I have made a basic menu screen with just the title, one button and a background picture. Burning another disc to see if it will work. Anyone have an Idea what is going on? I keep thinking one year it was more about these menu templates being copywrited beyond use. Could be wrong but spent months working on that and finally gave up. last week It seemed to start working so I could finish the disc by turning the Internet on. I dont like doing that on the main computer I depend on for production... as we all have found out from the new Microsoft windows program they are dumping on us. You are ready to start streaming an event and oops microsoft has downloaded that software and has taken over your computer. Sorry all the viewers are out of luck. Not only my computer but the conputer that the church uses for monitors. Then the rest of the month all my computers suffered this upgrade.

Yep, Making a new simple Menu template worked. Burned OK and had no problems in the copier. And never turned on the internet to that computer. Have internet kill switches that is the same as unplugging the ethernet from a computer that is not being used for the internet... like this one I am using now.

Since you indicated rather universal on several machines, menus, and PD versions I just tried "Burn to disc" with a 8.5GB AVCHD project with menu in PD18 on a current WIN10 platform and it appears to burn fine for me. I had the disc nearly full as you can see in attached pic.

If you have chapters defined, you might delete them and see if it works then, if so, redefine them and try again or just use the folder approach.

Jeff
Thank you, What you said made me think about timing. I have been making these for some time and suddenly stopped working. So I went back and remade the last good one from march 29th, it finished successfully, These are single video services, and the menu page on these single service ones are only for the cover with motion thumbnail.

So I am looking for something that changed between March 29 and April 9. On April 9 it failed and I just switched and made a BluRay instead. And it has been happening ever since except today when I did the March 29 service again. Something tells me it is in the video some how and the video menu as It finishes fine with out a menu. I did a lot of stuff yesterday so maybe I should try again before I jump on that wagon.

Thanks for your help. It also gives me a chance to think out loud which helps.

I'm not sure it’s messed up, maybe just understanding what it does. If you specify like E:\junk and directory junk does not exist it will create it. Keep in mind, as it says, you are only specifying the folder directory. The contents are always written in the specified directory tree in a folder called "My Video". If you write to the same location again, you will get a slightly different message since the directory exists and contains folders asking if ok to overwrite.

By default, it will go to the location of the "Export folder:" specified in pref in a "My Video" sub folder.

Jeff
Power2Go will also burn a produced version with full menu that I have created.

Further troubleshooting I have found that only power director has this problem and it is only with AVCHD format (only tested version 17 &18 and the 8.5GB size) either ISO or burn to disc. Two different computers and different menus were used. Reinstalled PD18 same problem. (that is when I tested it on an old machine with PD17 on it.) I did not have this problem until recently so suspect a windows update since that is the only thing in common.

Still have not heard back from CyberLink tech support on the error message. Looks like they have a problem in finalizing the AVCHD disc with menus.

As a short term workaround while you get your definitive error analysis report from CL, can you use the "Create a folder" only option on the "Burn in 2D" tab successfully? If so, you can then use a third party utility to burn the folder to a physical DVD if required.

Jeff
Thanks I'll give that a try. I have been creating ISOs from the option above that one but this error stopped that also. Only comes up when I do AVCHD, works fine on the others and works on AVCHD with no menu option. I did notice that the enable harware encoder was checked so I am trying that unchecked first.

Hardware encoder did not fix it so I'm now burning to folder... Boy that function is messed up. I have no Idea if it is even going to the right hardrive! Only takes one folder path. and when I created it, it says it doesn't exist shall it create the directory!!!

Hey but It liked it it finished with out the error. at least it is a start. Thanks.
I have been recieving E0140000A error code everytime I try to burn a AVHD DVD lately and since I cant go any further with making DVD's I am forced to research the code itself. The first E in the code means failure and customer defined; which means Cyberlink has defined the codes and only they can disclose their meaning. Am waiting for their reply to my ticket. As I have a lot invested in this program I would like the breakdown of the code and the descriptions. they are usually set up with facility and code but that does not mean Cyberlink followed these standards or number of bits per part.

Describe what is meant by bad burns so that users understand what is happening

1. The authoring and the burn steps complete with a burning successful message.

2. The authoring step completes but you get a failure message near the end of the burn step(99%).

3. Other: Describe what happens.

If it is #1 above but the disc plays on the pc but not on the standalone player then check the burn speed in the Final burn/configure window and see what it is and lower it to half. It is possible that the burn speed in P2Go is set to half that in PD18. Check it and let us know.

You can get some rewritable discs that can be erased and reused to save on making coasters (bad burns).

The #1 is, complete burn no errors and disc copier says bad disc and when I put it back into the computer it says it is a bad disc. Does not say why it is bad, just that it is bad. Put them back into the copier that has a scan function and each one stopped at a different place counts before it stopped. but still no code except bad disc.
Checked the speed of the burner in P2Go and PD18 and they are the same. Like I said I have not had any failures on P2Go ISO's nor in making the ISOs.

The Other, #2: when it stops and gives error on screen usually comes when the production is larger than the disc and I try to use the best fit button. Though this also works in the ISOs through P2Go. Do not usually have the problem if the size is smaller than the disc for the quality selected. (EX: 17Mbps verses 24Mbps on bluray) Problem seems to be in the best fit numbers dont seem to translate onto the disc. The ISO's show they should have fit fine with room to spare.

I do have rewritable disc but have not used them for that, I guess because I don't have them in 8.5GB or bluray where most of my productions have been.
Quote PowerProducer V6 is maybe 10 years old. I remember it as a simple direct from camera to disk tool. It was meant for avchd and dv cameras of yesterday. See the supported file formats. Your newer camera formats aren't listed like in PD18. It allowed trimming of video clips but doesn't have effects, particles, like in PD18.

Your P2Go that you claimed that you have in another post can probably do all the authoring functions of PD18 and PowerProducer combined. You can make discs without any other software if you want.

Thanks. It did look strangely out of place so I thought I would ask. They are aparently still selling it for $65.
Running into some issues and limitations with PowerDirector and want to know about this PowerProducer. which is better?
A comparison chart would help.

I am pretty new at this; I have only produced 4 or 5 hundred hour plus movies with multiple cameras and currently run two sets of cameras at two different locations in town. so for give me when I sound a little stupid in asking these questions.
I upgraded to PD18 and since I have been getting a lot of bad or failed burns. My solution has been to burn an ISO on my hard drive and then use Power2Go to burn the Iso which I have not had a problem with yet. This leads me to believe that the problem is in PD 18 software. any clues I thought it was my DVD burner and replaced it but get the same problem.

Update: Still getting bad disk but seems to be seasonal and the disc crashes at 32MB with bad master disc on my duplicator. Burning to file then burning file to DVD seems to work. A while back I was trouble shooting this and thought it might be related to the menu part of the DVD but it started working for a few months so I stopped testing. I still suspect it is something to do with the DVD setup relating to menu and DVD data.
When creating or using an existing template the #2 button always comes up as "Scenes"; Is there a way to change this to "Options" instead? Would PowerProducer provide better menu editing than PowerDirector 18? Looking to edit the DVD menu to turn off and on a pip using menu option selection. Enabling a PIP or disabling it through menu would save much space on a DVD.
Quote Thank you for the screenshot. You should not edit any of the text in the text boxes as they are part of the template while in Menu Designer. The same menu template can be used on other projects as well. The text is edited or changed only after it is applied to a project.

The screenshot show that you have created 3 additional items in the root page of the menu. Those extra 3 items or buttons won't do anything.

Item 1 is "Play All", Item 2 is"Scenes", Item 3 is "Subtitles" in the root page. You can and should add additional items to the tiles/chapters page.

Here is a link to a tutorial on creating or modifying a menu: https://www.cyberlink.com/learning/video/6/create-customized-disc-menus-with-menu-designer .

EDIT: Jeff answered first. I had already typed this response above. The tutorial may help you to understand and create your own menus.

Just want to know how to change "Scenes" to "Options". I have to change it everytime I load menu. I put the video on the DVD twice, one with prompter and one with out prompter. They are not scenes they are two Options.

Could be the corrupt temp file but think about this for sec. When programs run they create tempory files on the hard drive. Its very possible your hard drive is about to go. I would make sure you backup anything important in case this is the point.

Then try this...

1) Click the magnify glass and type in "dos" over to right click administrator mode
Click start button and enter cmd in the searching box. Then right click it and select the item "Run as administrator"

The process is fast and the result will tell whether there is interiority violation. This command scans all protected system files and replaces those corrupted files with a backup copy. Do not close the window before the verification is 100% complete.

I just ran on my system and this was my output.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.535]
(c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.
C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Notice I even had some corrupt files.

2 --- Next you can run chkdsk in the same window
chkdsk c: <---ad the drive we are checking

This where I would start if the problem still continues then there are more steps you can take but in most cases, this will fix alot of issues.

Thanks, that is something to take into account. I just upgraded my system to a game computor with 16CPUs, a solidstate bootdrive and with one interal hardrive. I have added two external 10 terra byte drives also and a third one in waiting. Takes at most a couple of hours to burn a 2 hour BluRay now so I have time for other things like producing them. I say all that to say it would take awhile to scan the hard disks. I believe it is more of a ram cache problem instead of a hard drive. since it goes away with reboot. Temp files seem to remain through a rebbot. Just burned The origional file successfully to DVD Now I guess I can delete the 30 GB of files I created and don't need. Would really like to know where I can get those error codes so I can get down to the source of the problem. The internet is so bloated with adware it is hard to actually get what I search for any more.

Did the scan and did not find any integrity faults. Only took a few minutes for the scan. Like I said this computer is fast. no problems found on D: drive where the temp files were suppose to be. checked the solidstate c: drive no problems found. I dared to do the 10 TB drive... only took a minute and found no problems. 7TB scanned.
Upgrated to PowerDirector 18 recently and haven't had to many problems until this week. I was burning a special edition of DVDs for Christmans gifts. the standard DVDs went fine and one set of the AVCHD burned OK Then I started getting failure errors every time I tried to do one particular PDS file with AVCHD (1280x720/60p (17Mbps)). Then burned the other 2 sets with no problem. Have retried the failed one and got to 94% and got failreure code on Iso burn and on direct copy (seperately). Appears to be something in that particulat file that is causing a burn failure with AVCHD disc making. I produced it and made a new file with the Production and got the same error. On the second ISO atempt after a system restart with the origional PDS file. It completed successfully. Don't know if the reboot was the cure. it only seemed to be one PDS file that was effected. All the HD DVDs were AVCHD (1280x720/60p (17Mbps)). Would really like to know what that error code is. In researching it I ran across the idea that it might be a corrupted temp file and suggested a system reboot to clear them out. seemed to work. Have been doing that in the past a lot this one just seemed to be persistant and only for that PDS file.

I do 3 Cowboy Church services every Sunday and give either DVD or Blu-ray to whom so ever wants one. Have done thumbdrives as well. Majority of the congregation are retired; they dont have updated equipment and not a priority on their budget.
I use two and sometimes three professional cameras using multicam plugin. I recently tapped into the splitter for the rear teleprompter and use the mixer as sync audio. This worked well; but, some want it some dont. Two complete videos on an 8.5 GB DVD works but seems such a waste.... besides the burn takes all night. The Powerdirector has the smartfit feature as well and have used that a lot lately as the services are getting longer and longer. One Service was 2.5 hours and could have gone longer. Next servive is a one day service. starts around 10 AM...

thanks for responding.

Solved the al night processing by Buying a gaming computer with 8 cores (16 processors) they produce an entire 25 GB BluRay movie now in about two hours. and the video and sound is in sync.

Still would like to see some way add menu button that ads or subtracks pips, translaions, that I might put the prompter in and select it by DVD menu option.
I am working on a project to remove a problem singer that is louder than the band, off key, and out of sync.
I bought a zoom audio recorder and a directional microphone and pointed it right at him during the worship service.
Now I want to invert the recording and add it back so as to cancel or greatly reduce just him from the rest of the audience.
I have recorded tracks from the sound board but this guy seems to get picked up on all the mics.

Does any one know if cyberlink has a way to invert and entire sound track?
Or even a plug in to do just this?
Quote I don't know how you can do that with this prosumer software.

You can reduce the bit rate to get more on the disc. My suugestion is to download Power2Go 15 day trial trial. It has a smart fir feature that will automatically reduce the bit rate just enought to fit.

If you are selling the DVD and blu rays, consider looking at putting you videos on a thumb drive. Most people can play the video through a USB connection on computerss/TV,/Game Console/etc. A small memory one is only a couple of bucks so it you are selling them, you may have to adjust your price.

I do 3 Cowboy Church services every Sunday and give either DVD or Blu-ray to whom so ever wants one. Have done thumbdrives as well. Majority of the congregation are retired; they dont have updated equipment and not a priority on their budget.
I use two and sometimes three professional cameras using multicam plugin. I recently tapped into the splitter for the rear teleprompter and use the mixer as sync audio. This worked well; but, some want it some dont. Two complete videos on an 8.5 GB DVD works but seems such a waste.... besides the burn takes all night. The Powerdirector has the smartfit feature as well and have used that a lot lately as the services are getting longer and longer. One Service was 2.5 hours and could have gone longer. Next servive is a one day service. starts around 10 AM...

thanks for responding.
Go to: