Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 365 unable to edit original text box in create disc menu
Scott61 [Avatar]
Member Location: Wichita, KS Joined: Aug 20, 2011 04:43 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to create my own disk menu for a video. I can't seem to edit the text in any of the original text boxes.
I can move them around but when I double click on them the little window opens where I can change color and
font but am unable to delete or add text. I can't even delete the original text boxes.

I haven't created my own disk menu before and have no idea what I'm missing here. I read through the manual
to try and figure this out but I must not be seeing something that would resolve this. I've attached a snip of the window to help others see where I'm at and dealing with. Thanks for any help that someone can provide!
[Thumb - Capture.PNG]
 Filename
Capture.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1242 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
Scott Wright
Wichita, KS
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
You are only creating a template in the Menu Designer, not the actual text, modify the text in the edit window after applying your template.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 06. 2019 22:30

Scott61 [Avatar]
Member Location: Wichita, KS Joined: Aug 20, 2011 04:43 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You are only creating a template in the Menu Designer, not the actual text, modify the text in the edit window after applying your template.

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff!!

I had to reread your post a couple of times and then the light bulb became extremely bright.
I realize now that the menus that you download are just that, templates that you then edit to
your needs.

Thanks again for the quick response!

Scott Scott Wright
Wichita, KS
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for the screenshot. You should not edit any of the text in the text boxes as they are part of the template while in Menu Designer. The same menu template can be used on other projects as well. The text is edited or changed only after it is applied to a project.

The screenshot show that you have created 3 additional items in the root page of the menu. Those extra 3 items or buttons won't do anything.

Item 1 is "Play All", Item 2 is"Scenes", Item 3 is "Subtitles" in the root page. You can and should add additional items to the tiles/chapters page.

Here is a link to a tutorial on creating or modifying a menu: https://www.cyberlink.com/learning/video/6/create-customized-disc-menus-with-menu-designer .

EDIT: Jeff answered first. I had already typed this response above. The tutorial may help you to understand and create your own menus.
Johnmcf2
Newbie Location: Arizona City, Arizona Joined: Jul 15, 2018 13:13 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thank you for the screenshot. You should not edit any of the text in the text boxes as they are part of the template while in Menu Designer. The same menu template can be used on other projects as well. The text is edited or changed only after it is applied to a project.

The screenshot show that you have created 3 additional items in the root page of the menu. Those extra 3 items or buttons won't do anything.

Item 1 is "Play All", Item 2 is"Scenes", Item 3 is "Subtitles" in the root page. You can and should add additional items to the tiles/chapters page.

Here is a link to a tutorial on creating or modifying a menu: https://www.cyberlink.com/learning/video/6/create-customized-disc-menus-with-menu-designer .

EDIT: Jeff answered first. I had already typed this response above. The tutorial may help you to understand and create your own menus.

Just want to know how to change "Scenes" to "Options". I have to change it everytime I load menu. I put the video on the DVD twice, one with prompter and one with out prompter. They are not scenes they are two Options.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 12. 2020 16:31