Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
selecting Prompter menu button
Johnmcf2
Newbie Location: Arizona City, Arizona Joined: Jul 15, 2018 13:13 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all I'm Kinda new to all this video stuff... I've only made a couple of hundred DVDs and Blu-rays. The problem is I am always coming up with new stuff and get limited by disc size. The latest is adding a recording of the teleprompter onto the video in a pip; but, some people may not want the prompter covering the video. I have seen some DVDs that have an option to turn off or on certain things. I offer with or with out by putting both on the DVD which takes up a 8.5 GB DVD and anything over 1.3 hours is pretty much out.

I was wondering if there was a way to switch on and off tracks after it is produced. Now that is all I do to add second video is turn off prompter video track save as seperate project and add project to menu of origional titled "No Prompter". It would be great if you could just turn on or off a track as a menu option.

I would appreciate any help on this subject.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know how you can do that with this prosumer software.

You can reduce the bit rate to get more on the disc. My suugestion is to download Power2Go 15 day trial trial. It has a smart fir feature that will automatically reduce the bit rate just enought to fit.

If you are selling the DVD and blu rays, consider looking at putting you videos on a thumb drive. Most people can play the video through a USB connection on computerss/TV,/Game Console/etc. A small memory one is only a couple of bucks so it you are selling them, you may have to adjust your price. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Johnmcf2
Newbie Location: Arizona City, Arizona Joined: Jul 15, 2018 13:13 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I don't know how you can do that with this prosumer software.

You can reduce the bit rate to get more on the disc. My suugestion is to download Power2Go 15 day trial trial. It has a smart fir feature that will automatically reduce the bit rate just enought to fit.

If you are selling the DVD and blu rays, consider looking at putting you videos on a thumb drive. Most people can play the video through a USB connection on computerss/TV,/Game Console/etc. A small memory one is only a couple of bucks so it you are selling them, you may have to adjust your price.

I do 3 Cowboy Church services every Sunday and give either DVD or Blu-ray to whom so ever wants one. Have done thumbdrives as well. Majority of the congregation are retired; they dont have updated equipment and not a priority on their budget.
I use two and sometimes three professional cameras using multicam plugin. I recently tapped into the splitter for the rear teleprompter and use the mixer as sync audio. This worked well; but, some want it some dont. Two complete videos on an 8.5 GB DVD works but seems such a waste.... besides the burn takes all night. The Powerdirector has the smartfit feature as well and have used that a lot lately as the services are getting longer and longer. One Service was 2.5 hours and could have gone longer. Next servive is a one day service. starts around 10 AM...

thanks for responding.
Johnmcf2
[Post New]

I do 3 Cowboy Church services every Sunday and give either DVD or Blu-ray to whom so ever wants one. Have done thumbdrives as well. Majority of the congregation are retired; they dont have updated equipment and not a priority on their budget.
I use two and sometimes three professional cameras using multicam plugin. I recently tapped into the splitter for the rear teleprompter and use the mixer as sync audio. This worked well; but, some want it some dont. Two complete videos on an 8.5 GB DVD works but seems such a waste.... besides the burn takes all night. The Powerdirector has the smartfit feature as well and have used that a lot lately as the services are getting longer and longer. One Service was 2.5 hours and could have gone longer. Next servive is a one day service. starts around 10 AM...

thanks for responding.

Solved the al night processing by Buying a gaming computer with 8 cores (16 processors) they produce an entire 25 GB BluRay movie now in about two hours. and the video and sound is in sync.

Still would like to see some way add menu button that ads or subtracks pips, translaions, that I might put the prompter in and select it by DVD menu option.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 03. 2019 22:22