Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Disc Failure error F0F4001?
Johnmcf2
Newbie Location: Arizona City, Arizona Joined: Jul 15, 2018 13:13 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Upgrated to PowerDirector 18 recently and haven't had to many problems until this week. I was burning a special edition of DVDs for Christmans gifts. the standard DVDs went fine and one set of the AVCHD burned OK Then I started getting failure errors every time I tried to do one particular PDS file with AVCHD (1280x720/60p (17Mbps)). Then burned the other 2 sets with no problem. Have retried the failed one and got to 94% and got failreure code on Iso burn and on direct copy (seperately). Appears to be something in that particulat file that is causing a burn failure with AVCHD disc making. I produced it and made a new file with the Production and got the same error. On the second ISO atempt after a system restart with the origional PDS file. It completed successfully. Don't know if the reboot was the cure. it only seemed to be one PDS file that was effected. All the HD DVDs were AVCHD (1280x720/60p (17Mbps)). Would really like to know what that error code is. In researching it I ran across the idea that it might be a corrupted temp file and suggested a system reboot to clear them out. seemed to work. Have been doing that in the past a lot this one just seemed to be persistant and only for that PDS file.
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Upgrated to PowerDirector 18 recently and haven't had to many problems until this week. I was burning a special edition of DVDs for Christmans gifts. the standard DVDs went fine and one set of the AVCHD burned OK Then I started getting failure errors every time I tried to do one particular PDS file with AVCHD (1280x720/60p (17Mbps)). Then burned the other 2 sets with no problem. Have retried the failed one and got to 94% and got failreure code on Iso burn and on direct copy (seperately). Appears to be something in that particulat file that is causing a burn failure with AVCHD disc making. I produced it and made a new file with the Production and got the same error. On the second ISO atempt after a system restart with the origional PDS file. It completed successfully. Don't know if the reboot was the cure. it only seemed to be one PDS file that was effected. All the HD DVDs were AVCHD (1280x720/60p (17Mbps)). Would really like to know what that error code is. In researching it I ran across the idea that it might be a corrupted temp file and suggested a system reboot to clear them out. seemed to work. Have been doing that in the past a lot this one just seemed to be persistant and only for that PDS file.

Could be the corrupt temp file but think about this for sec. When programs run they create tempory files on the hard drive. Its very possible your hard drive is about to go. I would make sure you backup anything important in case this is the point.

Then try this...

1) Click the magnify glass and type in "dos" over to right click administrator mode
Click start button and enter cmd in the searching box. Then right click it and select the item "Run as administrator"

The process is fast and the result will tell whether there is interiority violation. This command scans all protected system files and replaces those corrupted files with a backup copy. Do not close the window before the verification is 100% complete.

I just ran on my system and this was my output.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.535]
(c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.
C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Notice I even had some corrupt files.

2 --- Next you can run chkdsk in the same window
chkdsk c: <---ad the drive we are checking

This where I would start if the problem still continues then there are more steps you can take but in most cases, this will fix alot of issues.
Johnmcf2
Newbie Location: Arizona City, Arizona Joined: Jul 15, 2018 13:13 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]

Could be the corrupt temp file but think about this for sec. When programs run they create tempory files on the hard drive. Its very possible your hard drive is about to go. I would make sure you backup anything important in case this is the point.

Then try this...

1) Click the magnify glass and type in "dos" over to right click administrator mode
Click start button and enter cmd in the searching box. Then right click it and select the item "Run as administrator"

The process is fast and the result will tell whether there is interiority violation. This command scans all protected system files and replaces those corrupted files with a backup copy. Do not close the window before the verification is 100% complete.

I just ran on my system and this was my output.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.535]
(c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.
C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Notice I even had some corrupt files.

2 --- Next you can run chkdsk in the same window
chkdsk c: <---ad the drive we are checking

This where I would start if the problem still continues then there are more steps you can take but in most cases, this will fix alot of issues.

Thanks, that is something to take into account. I just upgraded my system to a game computor with 16CPUs, a solidstate bootdrive and with one interal hardrive. I have added two external 10 terra byte drives also and a third one in waiting. Takes at most a couple of hours to burn a 2 hour BluRay now so I have time for other things like producing them. I say all that to say it would take awhile to scan the hard disks. I believe it is more of a ram cache problem instead of a hard drive. since it goes away with reboot. Temp files seem to remain through a rebbot. Just burned The origional file successfully to DVD Now I guess I can delete the 30 GB of files I created and don't need. Would really like to know where I can get those error codes so I can get down to the source of the problem. The internet is so bloated with adware it is hard to actually get what I search for any more.

Did the scan and did not find any integrity faults. Only took a few minutes for the scan. Like I said this computer is fast. no problems found on D: drive where the temp files were suppose to be. checked the solidstate c: drive no problems found. I dared to do the 10 TB drive... only took a minute and found no problems. 7TB scanned.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 25. 2019 17:37