Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
what is the differance between PowerDirector and PowerProducer?
Johnmcf2
Newbie Location: Arizona City, Arizona Joined: Jul 15, 2018 13:13 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Running into some issues and limitations with PowerDirector and want to know about this PowerProducer. which is better?
A comparison chart would help.

I am pretty new at this; I have only produced 4 or 5 hundred hour plus movies with multiple cameras and currently run two sets of cameras at two different locations in town. so for give me when I sound a little stupid in asking these questions.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 14. 2020 00:50

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
PowerProducer V6 is maybe 10 years old. I remember it as a simple direct from camera to disk tool. It was meant for avchd and dv cameras of yesterday. See the supported file formats. Your newer camera formats aren't listed like in PD18. It allowed trimming of video clips but doesn't have effects, particles, like in PD18.

Your P2Go that you claimed that you have in another post can probably do all the authoring functions of PD18 and PowerProducer combined. You can make discs without any other software if you want.
Johnmcf2
Newbie Location: Arizona City, Arizona Joined: Jul 15, 2018 13:13 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PowerProducer V6 is maybe 10 years old. I remember it as a simple direct from camera to disk tool. It was meant for avchd and dv cameras of yesterday. See the supported file formats. Your newer camera formats aren't listed like in PD18. It allowed trimming of video clips but doesn't have effects, particles, like in PD18.

Your P2Go that you claimed that you have in another post can probably do all the authoring functions of PD18 and PowerProducer combined. You can make discs without any other software if you want.

Thanks. It did look strangely out of place so I thought I would ask. They are aparently still selling it for $65.