Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
E0140000A Error Code - AVCHD Burning
Johnmcf2
Newbie Location: Arizona City, Arizona Joined: Jul 15, 2018 13:13 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
I have been recieving E0140000A error code everytime I try to burn a AVHD DVD lately and since I cant go any further with making DVD's I am forced to research the code itself. The first E in the code means failure and customer defined; which means Cyberlink has defined the codes and only they can disclose their meaning. Am waiting for their reply to my ticket. As I have a lot invested in this program I would like the breakdown of the code and the descriptions. they are usually set up with facility and code but that does not mean Cyberlink followed these standards or number of bits per part.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 16. 2020 23:10

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have been recieving E0140000A error code everytime I try to burn a AVHD DVD lately and since I cant go any further with making DVD's I am forced to research the code itself. The first E in the code means failure and customer defined; which means Cyberlink has defined the codes and only they can disclose their meaning. Am waiting for their reply to my ticket. As I have a lot invested in this program I would like the breakdown of the code and the descriptions. they are usually set up with facility and code but that does not mean Cyberlink followed these standards or number of bits per part.

As a short term workaround while you get your definitive error analysis report from CL, can you use the "Create a folder" only option on the "Burn in 2D" tab successfully? If so, you can then use a third party utility to burn the folder to a physical DVD if required.

Jeff
Johnmcf2
Newbie Location: Arizona City, Arizona Joined: Jul 15, 2018 13:13 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]

As a short term workaround while you get your definitive error analysis report from CL, can you use the "Create a folder" only option on the "Burn in 2D" tab successfully? If so, you can then use a third party utility to burn the folder to a physical DVD if required.

Jeff
Thanks I'll give that a try. I have been creating ISOs from the option above that one but this error stopped that also. Only comes up when I do AVCHD, works fine on the others and works on AVCHD with no menu option. I did notice that the enable harware encoder was checked so I am trying that unchecked first.

Hardware encoder did not fix it so I'm now burning to folder... Boy that function is messed up. I have no Idea if it is even going to the right hardrive! Only takes one folder path. and when I created it, it says it doesn't exist shall it create the directory!!!

Hey but It liked it it finished with out the error. at least it is a start. Thanks.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Boy that function is messed up. I have no Idea if it is even going to the right hardrive! Only takes one folder path. and when I created it, it says it doesn't exist shall it create the directory!!!

I'm not sure it’s messed up, maybe just understanding what it does. If you specify like E:\junk and directory junk does not exist it will create it. Keep in mind, as it says, you are only specifying the folder directory. The contents are always written in the specified directory tree in a folder called "My Video". If you write to the same location again, you will get a slightly different message since the directory exists and contains folders asking if ok to overwrite.

By default, it will go to the location of the "Export folder:" specified in pref in a "My Video" sub folder.

Jeff
Johnmcf2
[Post New]

I'm not sure it’s messed up, maybe just understanding what it does. If you specify like E:\junk and directory junk does not exist it will create it. Keep in mind, as it says, you are only specifying the folder directory. The contents are always written in the specified directory tree in a folder called "My Video". If you write to the same location again, you will get a slightly different message since the directory exists and contains folders asking if ok to overwrite.

By default, it will go to the location of the "Export folder:" specified in pref in a "My Video" sub folder.

Jeff
Power2Go will also burn a produced version with full menu that I have created.

Further troubleshooting I have found that only power director has this problem and it is only with AVCHD format (only tested version 17 &18 and the 8.5GB size) either ISO or burn to disc. Two different computers and different menus were used. Reinstalled PD18 same problem. (that is when I tested it on an old machine with PD17 on it.) I did not have this problem until recently so suspect a windows update since that is the only thing in common.

Still have not heard back from CyberLink tech support on the error message. Looks like they have a problem in finalizing the AVCHD disc with menus.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 16. 2020 22:57

JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Power2Go will also burn a produced version with full menu that I have created.

Further troubleshooting I have found that only power director has this problem and it is only with AVCHD format (only tested version 17 &18 and the 8.5GB size) either ISO or burn to disc. Two different computers and different menus were used. Reinstalled PD18 same problem. (that is when I tested it on an old machine with PD17 on it.) I did not have this problem until recently so suspect a windows update since that is the only thing in common.

Still have not heard back from CyberLink tech support on the error message. Looks like they have a problem in finalizing the AVCHD disc with menus.

Since you indicated rather universal on several machines, menus, and PD versions I just tried "Burn to disc" with a 8.5GB AVCHD project with menu in PD18 on a current WIN10 platform and it appears to burn fine for me. I had the disc nearly full as you can see in attached pic.

If you have chapters defined, you might delete them and see if it works then, if so, redefine them and try again or just use the folder approach.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD18_AVCHD2.PNG]
 Filename
PD18_AVCHD2.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
963 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
Johnmcf2
[Post New]

Since you indicated rather universal on several machines, menus, and PD versions I just tried "Burn to disc" with a 8.5GB AVCHD project with menu in PD18 on a current WIN10 platform and it appears to burn fine for me. I had the disc nearly full as you can see in attached pic.

If you have chapters defined, you might delete them and see if it works then, if so, redefine them and try again or just use the folder approach.

Jeff
Thank you, What you said made me think about timing. I have been making these for some time and suddenly stopped working. So I went back and remade the last good one from march 29th, it finished successfully, These are single video services, and the menu page on these single service ones are only for the cover with motion thumbnail.

So I am looking for something that changed between March 29 and April 9. On April 9 it failed and I just switched and made a BluRay instead. And it has been happening ever since except today when I did the March 29 service again. Something tells me it is in the video some how and the video menu as It finishes fine with out a menu. I did a lot of stuff yesterday so maybe I should try again before I jump on that wagon.

Thanks for your help. It also gives me a chance to think out loud which helps.